Exiting the pit lane

Keith Gregg

CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE
I think I know there is a penalty for crossing the white line onto the racing line when exiting the pit lane but is there a penalty for crossing the white line when racing onto the pit exit lane?
Sorry for the dopey question guys.
Thanks

Is the penalty for crossing the white line when exiting the pits simulated in AC? I don't remember. In any case, driving onto the pit lane exit area while racing is not a penalty. Indeed, sometimes the pit lane exit is right on the racing line.

Is the penalty for crossing the white line when exiting the pits simulated in AC? I don't remember. In any case, driving onto the pit lane exit area while racing is not a penalty. Indeed, sometimes the pit lane exit is right on the racing line.
Thats exactly why In was asking Ross lol...the racing line being in the pit exit lane I mean....I seem to remember that the penalty was simulated in AC...unless it was another sim that I learnt that rule.
Many thanks for the answer anyways.
Cheers bud

You are right. When on the track you can cross this line. When you are exiting pits, you shall not! That's because if you are on the track you will see if someone is coming out of the pitlane and you are much faster. But if you are exiting pits you shall not get in front of the fast cars!
I remember a few incidents in F1 where this was a big discussion.
Here is one I remember between Ralf and Michael Schumacher. Ralf got a 10s pit lane penalty.

VIDEOlink , scene at 03:10 min

You are right. When on the track you can cross this line. When you are exiting pits, you shall not! That's because if you are on the track you will see if someone is coming out of the pitlane and you are much faster. But if you are exiting pits you shall not get in front of the fast cars!
I remember a few incidents in F1 where this was a big discussion.
Here is one I remember between Ralf and Michael Schumacher. Ralf got a 10s pit lane penalty.

VIDEOlink , scene at 03:10 min

Then there was this incident from Bahrain a couple weeks ago. Sainz didn't cross the pit exit line but he clearly left his brain in the pits. :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.