F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

Race (50%) in Spa: I finished Q2 on 12th place. I started on Prime and I wanted to stop 3 times, cause I had 3 fresh sets of option tires. But during the last stop they gave me used tires, which should be impossible, because i all 3 sets were not used in Qualifying. So after one lap they were ruined.

Just was on lap 8 in China when the screen suddenly turned black. Now i can hear some humming out of my speakers. With alt+enter i can still see my desktop. So it's just the game that turns black.
Anyone experienced this?
Just happend again. This time in 14 -.-

Just noticed another thing. The AI is using DRS (when available) in Shanghai AFTER the hairpin on the little straight down to the last turn.

My game kept crashing during the racing, and I thought it was down to 2 things. Nvidia Drivers and MSI Afterburner.

I had the latest Nvidia driver (For a GTX 460) installed and it was crashing so after some research on the tinternet I saw it would be wise to upgrade to the latest beta release, which stopped the crash's.

On MSI Afterburner I have the overclocking quite high (I was getting no artifacts) and the fan set to default. So I dropped the overclocking down and set the fanspeed to max after getting past 50 degrees C.

Seems to have solved the problem. Hope this helps!

Well im in spa at my first season short weekend and practice is good and well in the qualy when im making a hot lap... the sound is gone... i just got the pole but when i start the race... in pole position my rear wheels are gone there's a solution for that ? here is a video

That is mad!!! As much as I love this game I am starting to get really concerned at the number of issues we are seeing!!!

[360] Melbourne in the wet!!!

Tried to do a search for this rather than post something that has already been mentioned but I get a message telling me that the search has been disabled on the forum.

Anyway, anyone else had a wet session at Melbourne? Started my first career last night and practice was nice and clear, no problem... but the qualifying sesion was very, very wet. Great I thought.. first chance to try out the wet running in F1 2011. First lap i'm just about past the bridge and.... Stutter city!! it was awful.. really bad jerkiness and it made it very difficult to get round turn 1. It then eased but re-occurred a couple of more times around the lap. This happened throughout the session and really does cause major problems trying to get a decent lap time. It's bad enough in qualifying when you are not around others cars a lot of the time so I can only imagine what it would be like in a race with other cars around you!!

Not sure if this is just a Melbourne thing as I haven't seen it anywhere else.. didn't happen in my only other wet session to date (online at Suzuka). I really do think this is a fantastic game from CM but things like this just are not excusable... I cannot believe that issues like this were missed in the testing phase, it's so obvious!!!

I never played online for 2010 but in F1 2010 in career mode I almost never had any issues, no bugs, no freezing for a split second, no freezing at all really, or any stuttering. Outside of some of the bugs 2011 is a fantastic game, but some of the bugs seriously need to be fixed, I don't understand how 2010 can have so few bugs and 2011 have so many.

meh the AI doesn't pass you even if they've got DRS and are right behind you. On legend. This is a bug tbh.. surely can't be by design..

I find they overtake you, as long as you dont move across the track - seems they want a about 2x car-widths of space before they go for it. Might need tweaking.

Experienced it on Spa, Monza, Kuala Lumpur... mind you the car you're in could be a factor. I was driving a Lotus at the time...

I had a rather amusing bug on XBox (not patched yet) when I got the game yesterday. I was messing around at Montreal getting used to the new game. On the first lap of the race I went on the grass and decided to restart the race. From then onwards, when looking behind me I had a trail of grass and mud spewing out the back of my car all over the track. It continued regardless of whether I pitted, crashed, or even restarted the race again. I found it quite amusing.

What about rear wing mangement with DRS when playing full replay ?

At first, sorry for my english not so good ...
It seems there is a bug when replaying the race just after the finish line : the rear wing remains always in the same position despite the fact DRS was used many times.
To note that when replaying during the race, the rear wing is well managed.

Did you try to modify your car parameters (tyres, wings angle, motor, brakes ... before starting ?
You can also quickly choose with your engineer a wet configuration.
Obviously tuning is very different if weather is dry or wet and you cannot drive a F1 with dry configuration if weather is wet.

possible workerMap bug

This is from my workerMap6core.xml, last 2 lines point to core 7 there are only 6 cores 0 to 5 so is this a bug or am I missunderstanding it?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<workerMap>
<workerThread name="core_0" priority="normal" core="0" stacksize="131072" />
<workerThread name="core_1" priority="normal" core="1" stacksize="131072" />
<workerThread name="core_2" priority="normal" core="2" stacksize="131072" />
<workerThread name="core_3" priority="normal" core="3" stacksize="131072" />
<workerThread name="core_4" priority="normal" core="4" stacksize="131072" />
<workerThread name="core_5" priority="normal" core="5" stacksize="131072" />
<workerThread name="gc_01" priority="abovenormal" core="0" stacksize="32768" />
<workerThread name="gc_02" priority="abovenormal" core="1" stacksize="32768" />
<workerThread name="gc_03" priority="abovenormal" core="2" stacksize="32768" />
<workerThread name="gc_04" priority="abovenormal" core="3" stacksize="32768" />
<workerThread name="gc_05" priority="abovenormal" core="4" stacksize="32768" />
<workerThread name="gc_06" priority="abovenormal" core="5" stacksize="32768" />
<workerThread name="egonet_processor_0" priority="belownormal" core="0" stacksize="32768" />
<workerThread name="egonet_processor_1" priority="belownormal" core="0" stacksize="32768" />
<workerThread name="egonet_streamer_0" priority="belownormal" core="7" stacksize="32768" />
<workerThread name="egonet_streamer_1" priority="belownormal" core="7" stacksize="32768" />

I hope everyone is reporting these bugs over at CM.

Please please post this in the official bug report thread at Codemasters.

I see people starting all kinds of new threads here and there... but the devs are only looking at the official thread they set up in the CM forums.

Posting here is fine, but the devs will not see it if no one posts it in the correct forum.

They are currently working on patch 2 (game fixes) and if it's not reported, it won't get looked at.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.8%