F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

On the XBOX360 I was doing a 20% Race at Monaco when with just a few laps to go the Safety Car was deployed, I caught up and got in line behind it. I was trying to get heat into my tires when suddenly Mark Webber stopped on track and ghosted. I received a penalty for an Illegal overtake before I even got to him!

(merged with bug report thread) Bug with career mode

I had a bug at the end of Q3 in Spain and tells me I've done the race and have been in the same position where I started. How I can make it back before the race?

On the XBOX360 I was doing a 20% Race at Monaco when with just a few laps to go the Safety Car was deployed, I caught up and got in line behind it. I was trying to get heat into my tires when suddenly Mark Webber stopped on track and ghosted. I received a penalty for an Illegal overtake before I even got to him!

Did you look at the race director after this? Would be interesting to know if the AI cars got a penalty too

I don't really know if this is a bug or just a misinterpretation.
I want to race in China (50%) and change my strategy before the race when i'm still in the pits. I wnat to go Prime-Option-Option. So there are 2 Numbers in the tyre menu, which must somehow be related to the tyre wear.
I assume that the number inside the circle tells me how many laps the tyre compound will last, which would bei 15.7 laps in my case. (Don't really know what the other number tells me).
I want to make my first stop in lap 13, which should be possible, but as soon as a choose something over lap 10 (which is the recommended stop), it tells me that the strategy is invalid.
It's the same withe the option. It should last 8.1 laps, but when I actually select 8laps between stop 1 and 2 my strategy is invalid again.

So either the number tells me somthing completly diffrent, or they are calculeted for 100% races and not adapted to other race length (in 2010 the tyre life fitted to the race legnth), or it's a bug.
As i said i'm not sure if it's actually a bug or maybe i am doing something horribly wrong :D

I was just doing an online race and there was a safety car. Now, I was in the lead and the safety car was 4-5 car lengths in front of me, I was sliding side to side to warm up my tires, keeping a good distance from the safety car, suddenly it pops up on my screen that I've been disqualified for hitting the safety car, and just after the blackflag popped up the safety car disappeared then reappeared right on top of my car. This seriously needs to be fixed so the lead car can only get so close to the safety car without hitting it.

I haven't been unfortunate enough to be in 1st place behind the safety car, but I've seen several others report the same problem. IMO putting the safety car in this year was a big mistake. I've had several issues already too, usually one of the Red Bull's and one of the McLarens (usually Webber and Hamilton) won't make it past Q2. I've got HRT's setting 3rd fastest times in practice, Saubers winning races, DSQ's when parked off track for blocking absolutely no one. Seems like just as last year, fuel has no effect on AI cars, in fact they are running faster in the race than in qualy. I could go on for hours, I am very disappointed with just about every aspect of this years game so far, and luckily (knock on wood) I haven't had crash or stutter issues yet.

And what is up with this stupid Crash statistic!? Every time you touch anything it counts as a crash, after 6 races it says I've crashed 112 times, what a joke.

I don't mind the addition of the Safety Car, it adds another aspect of strategy to the game and gives it more realism, however, I haven't had a single safety car in career mode. I just hate the fact that you can get as close as you want. I also forgot to mention that in a race in Monaco - again online - we had a safety car, I was 3rd with 2 CPUs infront of me, the next minute I see Alonso drive past the Safety Car and take off - Alonso was in first and this was coming oh of the tunnel. The safety car has a lot of bugs.

The safety car was never really something that I was fussed about seeing in the game and I never really got why so many people were that enamoured with it. There were far more important things I would have liked to see implemented. It does not surprise me that there are issues with it as there is so much that needs to be taken into consideration for those periods when it is out on track. I have not seen it once yet either.

Sorry for my english... i'm Italian and i played in Monza on free time trial
after a lot of laps, i started another session from the pit with another setup
this was not so good and i came into pit at the end of lap... well, this is NOW my best lap -.--.---
how can i clear ghost cars and best lap?

or this is a bug???

Don't know if its been mentioned, but the inevitable cheats and trainers are out and were a month or more before the UK release, so TT times and MP races are something i won't take part in, (apart from the guys i race here) as i do not trust times posted without unlimited KERS as a factor. I'm sure there are some legit times, but i'll take them all with a pinch of salt like the majority of TT and MP lap times. Thanks for crapping up another game Codies.

Was in an online 20% race with some AI active, i came in for my sceduled stop to find my team mate (Ai) already boxed so ended up stacked waiting for him to leave, after i got into the box the pit crew seemed to fit the same tyres back on the car and i had to come in on the next lap to get my new rubber where the fitted me with another set of options, i ended up going to the end of the race and never used the prime tyre for any of the race.

Not sure if this is a bug but when I play Sprint Mode online (Xbox version), on the 2nd lap the engineer tells you DRS is now activated. However, nowhere on the track it lets you activate DRS. KERS works. Same thing happened when I played a 20% race in Grand Prix mode at Australia. No DRS zones anywhere. It worked in P1-P3.

Well im in spa at my first season short weekend and practice is good and well in the qualy when im making a hot lap... the sound is gone... i just got the pole but when i start the race... in pole position my rear wheels are gone there's a solution for that ? here is a video

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 473 70.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 286 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 309 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 137 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.9%
Back