F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

I'm on the PS3. I could be mad that this cell technology machine has to play this game in 720p and sometimes fails miserably at it but I'm not. I'm just a hungry F1 fan. So, the gameplay is most important to me. I resist the PC version even though you can mod it, because there are a lot of "issues": saved games, etc. This weekend, my career took me to Silverstone. It took me many hours to come up with the perfect setup. Practice was rain and shine. Qualification was sun, then the race was rain. I race 50% races. By lap 10 of a 26 lap race my inters are worn and I'm losing time while in the lead. I pit and get new inters. I manage to get them to lap 21. But by this time I am 14th and my teammate is catching me at every corner. I pause and look at race director and the cars in front have not pitted!!!! WTH? Meanwhile the boss says rain will stop in 15 minutes and I hesitate to change to another set of inters. Lap 24 they are "red". I stop the race and reset it. I'm not gonna accept these faulty results. I restart the race with tire sim "off". Its not much fun. I know F1 2010 did this, that's why I never finished my career in that game. Is this going to be in the #2 patch? If it happened to you what did you do?

Game crashed for third time. Last race for first season, Brazil and i can't start the game.
Instructions on how to fix the game I found on forums codemsters.
Unfortunately it did not help this time, all season with 18 pole positions and victories is lost.
I hope patch No. 2 finally fix this very annoying bug.

Not really sure if its a bug or lag control introduced by new patch but I was racing RD Club and some members including the race leader I was racing never saw me on the track except for the start of the race. I was a ghost car.

Another race at RD following the first one. Pitted with Red Bull and the car stuck a meter from the pits and would not go in.

After the patch Sli is no longer working for me if any AA is enabled. Turn off AA and framerate is back to normal even though gpu usage has dropped to almost half.

Before patch was getting 90-120 fps with max settings, locked at 60 with v-sync on 6028x1200 res. Post patch fps goes from 70 to 12. If your alone on the track it's fine, as soon as any car gets close fps drops like a rock. Running Tri-Sli 3gb 580's.

Anyone else having issues with sli running smooth with AA on after installing the patch?

Cant believe :(
I had a fantastic season (3rd), and now, savegame is lost again :mad: i had same at 1st season (withouth any patch), after patch 1 it was fine, i played 2 seasons, and now, i did japan and korea, but i am still again at japan :o I did it again, and i did korea race too, then exit the game. Now, it stays again at japan practice... WHY??? After patch.... :'( What can i do?!

Cant believe :(
I had a fantastic season (3rd), and now, savegame is lost again :mad: i had same at 1st season (withouth any patch), after patch 1 it was fine, i played 2 seasons, and now, i did japan and korea, but i am still again at japan :o I did it again, and i did korea race too, then exit the game. Now, it stays again at japan practice... WHY??? After patch.... :'( What can i do?!

Try going to the practice session of the next race and saving a setup. This forces the game to save.

After the patch Sli is no longer working for me if any AA is enabled. Turn off AA and framerate is back to normal even though gpu usage has dropped to almost half.

Before patch was getting 90-120 fps with max settings, locked at 60 with v-sync on 6028x1200 res. Post patch fps goes from 70 to 12. If your alone on the track it's fine, as soon as any car gets close fps drops like a rock. Running Tri-Sli 3gb 580's.

Anyone else having issues with sli running smooth with AA on after installing the patch?

Found the workaround for SLI bug (can't run sli properly with AA enabled). You must use Nvidia Inspector and load up the F1 2011 profile. Next set both SLI compatibility bits to the Dirt 3 setting. The game will now run properly in SLI with AA enabled.

Thanks Angel_of_Vengeance for finding this fix.

I don't want to create a new post so i might ask it here.

11/11 Suspension Stiffnes glitch is solved with the patch? i think it isn't i did pole on catalunya with 1.17 in career mode force india legend with no aids and with a 2 seconds gap to the 2nd...

Im on PC and have just experienced a massive glitch. The game has been working perfectly fine up until now for some reason unknown to me.
Basically the glitch/bug is this. (It only seems to occur in career mode)
As soon as i get into the garage the car goes translucent and i have no hands, and the audio goes all weird.
Then if i go out on track via the pit lane, the screen flashes and drive out to the pit lane, then the screen goes dark, however i can see the HUD.
If i select "Flying Lap" , then it loads, and a red ring appears around the edges of the screen in a circle as though i have had a crash and have been hurt. Then it skips to tell me that my car has been too badly damaged and i cannot continue the race, and gives me the options to restart, retire or replay.

Any help would be great, as this is the first time this has ever happened.

Basic PC specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.34Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 5770 Vapor X
4 GB DDR2 RAM
650 watt PSU

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%