F1 2011 F1 2011 Videos

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I took some time to show some of the features in F1 2011. This is just to give you guys a taster especially for the ones that have to wait until the 23rd and are just dying to know what is new. Also this is intended to show modders some parts that they might be able to change from databasa to hd car liveries.

Part 1

Part 2

**Note: please bear with me. Im going off with 3 hours of sleep since yesterday. Have 9am to 9pm classes and im taking my rest time just to show you guys. Thanks**

***There is a blackout section that last a few seconds about halfway thru the video.Blame Sony Vegas. I apoligize for the inconvinience. Thanks***

Have you tried Afterburn? Worth a shot - I hear it is a bit less resource hungry.

Also, if you are recording your video to the same HD as either your game or Operating System is installed on, it will bog things down.
Try and use a completley different HD to record your vids.

Diego - thanks for the videos, really nice work there and great that a member puts so much effort into helping others, or at least showcase the game for those of us unable to get stuck in till Friday.

One thing I noticed in the 2nd video when you are racing, is that there are numbers floating past the minimap.
To see what I mean, check one of these times - 5:28, 6:00, 6:20, 6:29. Numbers, 1, 2 and 3 all float past the map - whats all that about?

Diego - thanks for the videos, really nice work there and great that a member puts so much effort into helping others, or at least showcase the game for those of us unable to get stuck in till Friday.

One thing I noticed in the 2nd video when you are racing, is that there are numbers floating past the minimap.
To see what I mean, check one of these times - 5:28, 6:00, 6:20, 6:29. Numbers, 1, 2 and 3 all float past the map - whats all that about?

(I'm at work, can't watch the video right now) I think these are the sector numbers, don't know why they were added, it's kind of obvious in which sector you are. They also get coloured red, green, purple, to display if you were faster or slower than your best time in each sector (or just for the overall lap, I'm not sure).

(I'm at work, can't watch the video right now) I think these are the sector numbers, don't know why they were added, it's kind of obvious in which sector you are. They also get coloured red, green, purple, to display if you were faster or slower than your best time in each sector (or just for the overall lap, I'm not sure).

Ah right - of course. Not sure any of them looked to have colour despite Diego setting purples in some (IIRC).
Seems quite obvious now you say it - cheers!

Took a quick look at the vid during lunch.. It looks like colouring appears only for the complete lap. Look at 5:45, track gets green becaus the lap was faster than the first one. :)

Actually you were right the first time too. I've done a closer look, and around 5:24 when he gets purple in S2, you can see the track for S2 turn purple also. I guess normally, you have just left the length of track when you complete the sector so you cant see it for long, but at the hairpin moving into sector 3 you get a good look at S2 as you begin the long back straight, and can defo see it purple :D

u using a 360 controller on your mega dollar PC?

Yes. Is not your average cheap Xbox controller. This one is handpicked by me after owning 3 of them. Might sound way out of topic but this controller is a wired MadCatz COD:Black Ops controller. Why? Because the Left and Right triggers have the hardest springs on them. It makes feathering the gas and brakes waaaaaaaay better. Also the thumbsticks are made for long extended hours of gamign AND the buttons are more responsive. PLus I have other games I play that are GFWL that I prefer a controller on. still use the mouse and keyboard though.

I am willing to buy a custom steering wheel and all teh goodies whenever i see one that I like.

You say "Rather watch babies falling out of the sky"?

Perhaps you should change your wording there a bit

Yes i rather watch babies fall from the sky and drop. thats what i meant but as you can tell im waaaaaaay to tired.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 57 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%