F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Helmet Designer/Career mode driver transfers

Are we going to have a helmet designer in F1 2011? The helmets to pick from in F1 2010 left a lot of gamers unhappy including me I know a bunch of people that have already designed their own in the hope that F1 2011 allows the players to do that.
In addition to that a vintage seasons are really needed. A vintage game mode of the 1990 or 1982, 1970 etc... would be amazing.
A way to go around the legal rights for driver transfers from one year to the next would be to have also a career mode that allows the player to start 7 years in the past (i.e 2004) all the way up to 2011 with all the real transfers that happened throughout those years. Could I get some feedback from Codemasters on that?
Thanks

Helmet designer & Driver transfers

Helmet designer is desired by all who played F1 2010, but also Driver transfers, if that can't be done because of legal rights start a career mode 7 or 10 years back in 2002 or 2005 all the way to the present. Vintage seasons would also be amazing (i.e 1990, 1982 or 1970)

Woudnt starting 10 years back be against the license for the game?

What i would love is if you started in like go karts or something, moved to gp2 and then f1.

(But to avoid theese legal stuff, it can be codemasters versions of the 2)

Are we going to have a helmet designer in F1 2011? The helmets to pick from in F1 2010 left a lot of gamers unhappy including me I know a bunch of people that have already designed their own in the hope that F1 2011 allows the players to do that.
In addition to that a vintage seasons are really needed. A vintage game mode of the 1990 or 1982, 1970 etc... would be amazing.
A way to go around the legal rights for driver transfers from one year to the next would be to have also a career mode that allows the player to start 7 years in the past (i.e 2004) all the way up to 2011 with all the real transfers that happened throughout those years. Could I get some feedback from Codemasters on that?
Thanks
Don't be foolish. How would you expect Codemasters do design the cars for al those F1 seasons. That would be impossible to do. Nevermind about Licensing Issues, because the rights of those seasons are not with Codemasters.

You are basically asking them to develop 7 games within 1 game. It sounds nice, and sure it may be fun to play an F1 career throughout all the rule and regulation changes but they obviously have their hands full designing the game around just 1 season. Totally unrealistic request.

A helmet creation toolkit, now perhaps that's something more realistic.

I will NOT be buying F1 2011 if they continue to use the same dorked out AI logic.

I just purposely threw a race in F1 2010 because there is no way I wanted to win the race the way the game was about to let me win. I am in my 2nd season driving the crappy HRT car at 100% length races against Pro AI using a True AI 1.4 mod. I am racing in China, it is late in the race I am in 5th place and it was raining for many many laps (meaning I was catching up since the AI is not all that fast in the wet). The rain has stop, there is a drying line, but the track is still wet and on the very last lap all the AI cars stopped for dry tires. Are you kidding me? Am I to believe that on a damp track with one lap to go the real world counterparts would stop to put dry tires on especially since I was only about 5-6 seconds behind the leaders? No way in hell they would stop on the last lap. So I purposely tanked the race, I let them catch up, let the top 4 cars pass me and I took 5th place.

Driving these cars are fun, but the AI in this series is dorked out beyond belief.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 147 65.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 102 45.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 106 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 17.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 64 28.4%
Back