Hi,

I've got the same problem. I've been searching but I couldn't find anything!
Do you have the solution yet?:)
Anyway, if I find it out I'll message you!

Hey,

Nope still no idea! Thought it would be a simple solution, will let you know if I get it figured out. Would be great to edit the logo on team select, and the little car picture on the race results screen too.

Could somebody explain the difference between the ai_difficulties XML file in the Tracks - Difficulies folder and the one in the Track - Difficulties - era 2013 folder?

Thanks in advance.

I tried to change the performance with the EGO Database Editor for the AI. I changed the values which are listed under "ai drivers" and "f1 teams", but it doesn't work. Can anybody please help me?

I tried to change the performance with the EGO Database Editor for the AI. I changed the values which are listed under "ai drivers" and "f1 teams", but it doesn't work. Can anybody please help me?
This is what I am trying to do. I don't think the AI performance is in the the database since F1 2012, as far as I can make out from my reading through the F1 2013 mod forums, AI performance is controlled via XML. That is what I was querying in my posts above, because there are two ai_track_difficulties files in the F1 2014 "tracks" directory.

Seems that the one to edit is the one in the "era 2013" folder (Tracks - Difficulties - era 2013). I am going to be checking this out today.

D.H.

Last edited:
Hi guys, how can i edit the ability of ai drivers in quali? For me it's ok that Alonso reach the podium but not that he is ever between 3rd-5th place in quali :p

Cool thank you, I'm sorry I am a complete noob at modding and editing. How can I edit the team names in this file? I have opened it in notepad and word, but the first half is gibberish code, and the rest seems to be scripted emails.
Hi,

I've got the same problem. I've been searching but I couldn't find anything!
Do you have the solution yet?:)
Anyway, if I find it out I'll message you!

Hey, guys!
A basic knowhow:
You need the Ryder Language Editor from here:

http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/

First thing first: make a backup!
Then open the language_eng.lng file (located in \F1 2014\language folder) with the editor. Use the ctrl+f combo to find the actual team names (there is lots of it, you'll need to change all of them, including scenario briefings, news headlines, engine/car/chassis names, boss' name, etc.) When all of it is find and replaced, save the language file with the editor.

Hey, guys!
A basic knowhow:
You need the Ryder Language Editor from here:

http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/

First thing first: make a backup!
Then open the language_eng.lng file (located in \F1 2014\language folder) with the editor. Use the ctrl+f combo to find the actual team names (there is lots of it, you'll need to change all of them, including scenario briefings, news headlines, engine/car/chassis names, boss' name, etc.) When all of it is find and replaced, save the language file with the editor.
Thanks!

been looking for but could not find case law. if you have someone who loves a challenge and edited as the turbo gives at least 30-40% more than originally sound .....

Hi everyone, any tips to solve game's crash in time attack and "defi" mode when i use high lod's mod in carlodsettings.xml file and i have copy for each team the XXX_highLOD file to XXX_lowLOD... thank's for help to community

( the game works fine in grandprix mode and carreer mode )

Which track? Brazil? Not all tracks are affected. Brazil for example is bugged, highLODs in these special gamemodes result in CTD. No idea why, I was looking for a solution but there's none. Blame CM.

Which track? Brazil? Not all tracks are affected. Brazil for example is bugged, highLODs in these special gamemodes result in CTD. No idea why, I was looking for a solution but there's none. Blame CM.

Thank's for your response, not only for brazil track, for example in abu dhabi track with williams team in time attack the game crash... yes shame on CM...this game is bugged
sorry for my poor english ;)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • At a friends house