F1 2014 WIP Thread

So here is a small video that shows the side-issue with ideal manual pit stop.
As I've written already: The car drives in, turns back, gets correctly positioned and the pit stop is active. That may cost the player a tenth second or so.

If you had hoped about driving manually out of the box ... I'm afraid I must disappoint you as it is, as well as the pit stop itself, a sequence I am unable to edit (because I don't know where and what file is responsible for that).

To avoid this ugly flipping issue one would not be able to drive into the marked zone but only in front of it.

So again, it's about you and your feedback. I'm personally not satisfied with either of the options, to be honest.
Is that happening only to you? AI dont have the flip problem?

the size and angle of this logo is as good as it gets...the left sidepod is an issue, plus the nose logo is tied in with the sidepod logo.....if you angle or make the logo larger it will distort on the other side or be too large for the nose....trust me it took time to get this placement....next job some shading and color blending to get that mixture of chrome and black.
I'm talking about the nose, not the cockpit nor the sidepods.
10623347_10152752910391413_2567154536973730257_o.jpg

I'm talking about the nose, not the cockpit nor the sidepods.
10623347_10152752910391413_2567154536973730257_o.jpg
i remembered when first time i saw this texas livery. :D
"oh those orange SAP logos.... what the hell are you doing to this amazing beauty :cry: please get rid of those"
the SAP logos were not eye-catchy.. just not fitted to the car for me IMO.

the size and angle of this logo is as good as it gets...the left sidepod is an issue, plus the nose logo is tied in with the sidepod logo.....if you angle or make the logo larger it will distort on the other side or be too large for the nose....trust me it took time to get this placement....next job some shading and color blending to get that mixture of chrome and black.
he's talking about the nose, between Mobil1 and Pirelli logo. it should be "SAP" text only without the shape as @TheJlfan said.

W05 Petronas Mercedes AMG.
Release date: 13-11-2014.
307x304.png

This will be the first release of our Codemaster F1 2014 collection, all cars have been re-edited and contain some cool shading, photo realistic livery and two resolution formats, 4096 and 2048.
images and release news will be kept in this one entry (if I am able to do that here)...
more to follow.
today release? where is it :o :o

Man, looking at Sepang, Melbourne was a piece o' cake.

upload_2014-11-13_22-7-2.png

Here I really have to adjust ALL zones, for Melbourne I could most of them just copy and switch over.

The weird thing is: In game box 10, 11, 12 (starting from 00) are close to each other with a bigger gap to 09. The coordinates but have them more paired (09, 10 / 11, 12 [12 is not created in the CAD, we don't have 12 teams anyway ...]

EDIT: Oh for Codemasters' sake ... they changed the order ... usually it starts with 00 from entrance to 12 (player) or 13 (ai) near the pit end. But in Sepang ... 01 is the start (means 02 is Red Bull which is the real #1 garage) and 00 is the end ... *yay*

Last edited:
today release? where is it :o :o
sorry a day late...was out most of the day, evening was taken up with website work and some other stuff.....was meant to give the pc a service and change some fans...so it`s been too busy to even open the merc files...but later today(14th) I will have the files uploaded...I have also changed the mp29...such a small change!!....
As promised I will upload the w05 here....the other stuff will probably be on the website.

Hello people, I am new here, but I would love to join this creative process. In the past 20 years I have been working on projects as a designer of liveries for some F1 teams, SBK teams and MotoGP teams. So I am happy to share some of my knowledge and learn from others.

Here are some examples of recent stuff based on the cars and liveries that are in this game or last years game (2013).

max_verstappen_toro_rosso_f1_by_namzugo-d86an5u.jpg

max_verstappen_torro_rosso_by_namzugo-d869peo.jpg

max_verstappen_toro_rosso_formula_one_f1_livery_by_namzugo-d86960i.jpg

infinity_red_bull_racing_formula_one_f1_sceafa_by_namzugo-d866am6.jpg

infiniti_red_bull_racing_f1_special_livery_by_namzugo-d865sd2.jpg

helmet_f1b_by_namzugo-d861onq.jpg

If people like I can supply some 3D files of the meshes I have. I am not really into programming and putting the files in the right place in the right order and file directory. So the part of modding I could help with is the graphic design part, illustrator stuff (I have over 40.000 EPS files from the past 20 years in which I was active as a designer of real racing liveries) and 3D designing. I work with C4D, Maya, ZBrush, Blender, 3D Studio Max and some other 3D software. I am pretty handy with painting UV's / Meshes of 3D files. So if I can be of any help, let me know.

One question I have is, if there is anybody with the 2014 mesh of the bespoke helmet? Cause, I already found out how to redo / design texture maps for the 2014 helmets, but they won't fit on the 2013 3D mesh files of the bespoke helmet.

I already started looking for the 3D files in the game directory, but until now I was not able to locate these 3D files. So if there is anyone who has them, I would love to get a copy of the file. I am even willing to trade files.

Anyways, I'll keep an eye on this topic and will try to share more as soon as I can. I am working on some zip file with some 3D meshes for you all.

OH BOY! Jesus f... Codemasters. Really, hours of hours I have already spent on Sepang to get ONE manual pit stop to work ...

Do you remember me writing about the wrong order? Yes? Good, because now I noticed, the pit stop order in the pitstops.xml does not work with the box order in triggers_pit.xml, because CM screwed it up.

I really have to reorder all the boxes. Red Bull should have Box 01 and has in pitstops.xml pitstop_01 BUT in triggers_pit.xml it has Box 02 and that's where my problems started. Trying a manual pit stop I always got rejected in front of the Red Bull garage, L-M-A-O.
So I have to rename Box 01 to Box 00 and Box 02 to Box 01 etc. etc. etc. to have a garage order like it should be and like the garage and pit stop ids are set everywhere.

Boy, really, that gave me some massive headache since last night. But it's working now, the same way as for Melbourne.

DING DONG, the enquiry for feedback is back!

Keep in mind, I do create the manual pit stop mod for YOU, not for me. So please tell me what you would prefer:

1. Being able to manually drive out of the pit (zone) but having a bug that you cannot look back in middle TV pod* view when you go back into the garage in quali/training manually - else only use go-to-garage via session menu.
    * yes, this bug remains through all following sessions; the camera that's used when being pushed to garage is the only one being bugged then

2. Not having that written bug but on the opposite not being able to drive manually out of the pit (zone) [only manually into it].

You see, to solve the AI-tyre-not-changing-issue for circuits like Melbourne, I need to move the LimiterOff zone directly behind the pit-zone (but not too close, else rhe player won't get different tyres, too)
As Melbourne for example doesn't provide much space between two boxes, I must avoid placing this zone too close to the next box, else the AI will have the tyre-issue again.

But placing the LimiterOff-zone near the player's pit-zone means having a bugged go-to-garage manually in qualifying and training (so to avoid that, one must call go-to-garage via game menu)

upload_2014-11-14_18-39-37.png

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • At a friends house