F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Anyone find a chassis which actually works with the ferrari animations? I've tried Mercedes and Renault and hear the Toro Rosso doesn't work. The renault actually has the hands on the wheel but they go through it for the most part
. 20170127164452_1.jpg 20170127164502_1.jpg

I can not get that to work with the alpha channel/filling it white. If i fill it white the whole thing becomes white even if i select the imported Logos/etc.

I can not get that to work with the alpha channel/filling it white. If i fill it white the whole thing becomes white even if i select the imported Logos/etc.
that has to be something you are doing wrong. Likely your selection isn't on or something like that (can't say excactly as no photos or video)

Hey guys! I would like to add some Sponsors on the McLaren (Rockstar Energy and maybe more) on the sidepod, but since McLaren doesnt have one there in real life i dont think it will be visible on the decal template, so now i wanted to ask you if you know any tricks to add sponsors to a empty place?

Hey guys! I would like to add some Sponsors on the McLaren (Rockstar Energy and maybe more) on the sidepod, but since McLaren doesnt have one there in real life i dont think it will be visible on the decal template, so now i wanted to ask you if you know any tricks to add sponsors to a empty place?
use a chassis from another car. Or if you are willing to wait like an hour I'm going to upload a mod with a McLaren like this

Attachments

• 20170128181703_1.jpg
    20170128181703_1.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 217
use a chassis from another car. Or if you are willing to wait like an hour I'm going to upload a mod with a McLaren like this
How do you mean use a chassis from another car? Sorry, im pretty new to Modding on F1 2016, and i just really learnt how to change the decals :/

But anyway, after seing your skin, ill probably use this one :D

How do you mean use a chassis from another car? Sorry, im pretty new to Modding on F1 2016, and i just really learnt how to change the decals :/

But anyway, after seing your skin, ill probably use this one :D
You can find the tutorial for chassis switches bu going back a few pages in this thread.
But I got that mod up now so you can also just use that :)

Hi guys. I have a question. First look at the following pictures.
mercedes_paint.dds - paint.net 4.0.13 29.1.2017. 14_03_05.png

MERCEDES - ORIGINAL mercedes_paint.tga.dds
mercedes_paint.dds - paint.net 4.0.13 29.1.2017. 14_03_01.png

MERCEDES - MODDIFIED mercedec_paint.dds (From Markus99's McLaren - Mercedes MP4 - 20)
So, how does/did he/you get separated parts of car? What I need to do to get my files like his/your (What programs I need to use for this...)? Thank you in advance, it would really help me a lot. :)

Hi guys. I have a question. First look at the following pictures. View attachment 170087
View attachment 170089
MERCEDES - MODDIFIED mercedec_paint.dds (From Markus99's McLaren - Mercedes MP4 - 20)
So, how does/did he/you get separated parts of car? What I need to do to get my files like his/your (What programs I need to use for this...)? Thank you in advance, it would really help me a lot. :)
Im not sure, but i think he used the 3D Models and then just erased everything around it, which isnt a special part of the car... But like i said, im not sure, thats just what i think :)

Hi guys. I have a question. First look at the following pictures. View attachment 170087
View attachment 170089

I use the 3D template of the skin to edit it, but that only works if you use Photoshop.
As I can see you use paint.net, so you need a alternative. My suggestion: 1. Create a grid patterm with numbers for the skin you would like to edit (You can see it in the background of my skin). 2. Use 3DsimED, now you see where which part is, that's the way how I edited skins a the beginning. ;)

I use the 3D template of the skin to edit it, but that only works if you use Photoshop.
As I can see you use paint.net, so you need a alternative. My suggestion: 1. Create a grid patterm with numbers for the skin you would like to edit (You can see it in the background of my skin). 2. Use 3DsimED, now you see where which part is, that's the way how I edited skins a the beginning. ;)
Ok good. I have a 3DsimED. But, can you please little more to explain how to add the numbers in the background? Am I doing it in Paint.NET or somewhere else? Thanks for your help!

Ok good. I have a 3DsimED. But, can you please little more to explain how to add the numbers in the background? Am I doing it in Paint.NET or somewhere else? Thanks for your help!

You must create a new layer and then create a grid pattern, sadly I don't know how to create one in paint.net.
When you have your grid pattern, you take the "Writing-tool" and write the numbers in each caskets.
If you need it for the Mercedes, I can send you my paint file. :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%