F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Shouldn't reset a career mode but I do recommend waiting for someone else to confirm it. The sfc is a file inside the erp which determines if a surface is matte or glossy etc.
So i tried another testing and this time i tried to use different skins on the three cars with the problem (force india, williams and torro rosso) and it also didnt help, when the sun is up, this three teams have the weirds stripes, shapes all over them even though i replaced the skins with different ones. Nobody knows? I really really appreaciate any help. thank you so much for answers and help

EDIT: so only skin, which fixed the problem, was the NobbyMilo HD skin. Those were the first skins i tried to use on vanilla game and they all worked. Then i tried other more fantasy skins and then the problems appeared with williams, force india and torro rosso. So maybe it was those nobbymilo's skins that somehow broke it in the first place. His skins have a lot of files and skins from others mostly have just the single erp file, so maybe when i first used nobbymilos skins and then used other more simple skins, copied the erp, but some other nobbymilo's files stayed there and now its causing conflict. (but why would it only cause problems for the three teams and not all of them?) my head will explode :(

Last edited:
So i tried another testing and this time i tried to use different skins on the three cars with the problem (force india, williams and torro rosso) and it also didnt help, when the sun is up, this three teams have the weirds stripes, shapes all over them even though i replaced the skins with different ones. Nobody knows? I really really appreaciate any help. thank you so much for answers and help
I've had this problem before on a Vodafone McLaren skin - the only thing I did was reinstall my backup and re download the mod

Hi guys, could somoene explain or link me how to mod car performance? I've been reading this forum for an hour now but haven't seen anything about it.
I've done all the livery and name modding and would now like to upgrade manor to about torro rosso level.
Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: so only skin, which fixed the problem, was the NobbyMilo HD skin. Those were the first skins i tried to use on vanilla game and they all worked. Then i tried other more fantasy skins and then the problems appeared with williams, force india and torro rosso. So maybe it was those nobbymilo's skins that somehow broke it in the first place. His skins have a lot of files and skins from others mostly have just the single erp file, so maybe when i first used nobbymilos skins and then used other more simple skins, copied the erp, but some other nobbymilo's files stayed there and now its causing conflict. (but why would it only cause problems for the three teams and not all of them?) my head will explode :(
You will find that all the skins I have released have another folder called f1_2016_vehicle_package These separate mipmaps need to be the same as the dds files in the erp file otherwise that weird effect is what you get. You will have to extract those fantasy skins out of the erp file and re-save them into the same named folder in your main game folder to work properly.

You will find that all the skins I have released have another folder called f1_2016_vehicle_package These separate mipmaps need to be the same as the dds files in the erp file otherwise that weird effect is what you get. You will have to extract those fantasy skins out of the erp file and re-save them into the same named folder in your main game folder to work properly.
Any new version of ERP Archiver automatically overwrites the mipmaps though so that shouldn't be the problem. I would try it though

One more stupid question - is there a way to change a helmet or install helmet skin in the middle of the career? Or no matter what - if you want a helmet skin, you need to restart the whole career? Thanks

BTW Thanks guys for the help. Problem with the weird stripes on cars solved. I veryfied the integrity of the files on steam, this deleted all the skin changes and now u put into the game only one skin for each team i really want and everything is ok. What caused the problem was that at first i used nobbymilos skins, that had much more files and folders then the other skins and then i copied few other fantasy skins over the nobbymilo ones which caused problems with some teams. Now its ok.

One more stupid question - is there a way to change a helmet or install helmet skin in the middle of the career? Or no matter what - if you want a helmet skin, you need to restart the whole career? Thanks

BTW Thanks guys for the help. Problem with the weird stripes on cars solved. I veryfied the integrity of the files on steam, this deleted all the skin changes and now u put into the game only one skin for each team i really want and everything is ok. What caused the problem was that at first i used nobbymilos skins, that had much more files and folders then the other skins and then i copied few other fantasy skins over the nobbymilo ones which caused problems with some teams. Now its ok.
depends. If you have a career booster pack helmet or any helmet which doesn't have rgb adjustment then you can install a helmet skin but if you have RGB on the helmet it will not work properly. You can install helmet skins technically but RGB might might make it not work.

im currently trying to do an Audi Mod onthe Sauber, i have replaced the paint and decal folder thing in the sauber.erp and they show up but instead of having white((which i want the base colour as)) it has this blue-black camo like texture, what else should i do to it?

im currently trying to do an Audi Mod onthe Sauber, i have replaced the paint and decal folder thing in the sauber.erp and they show up but instead of having white((which i want the base colour as)) it has this blue-black camo like texture, what else should i do to it?
please show some screenshots. Much easier to help you based on that. My guess is wrong dds format for the save but can't be sure. Are you using the orig Sauber chassis?

Has anyone tried to edit performances to match the presumed 2017 pace? So increasing aero and all around speeds? Also which values for the aero are good to edit in the vtf file?

Hey guys, could someone please explain me how the performance file works? I would like to the top speed of some cars for example? :)
I think co-efficient of drag (low drag) and messing with the engine power might help with top speed
The only way to test performance is trial and error so it's very time consuming

So now we can change the chassis of the cars, that is fantastic. What about the heads of the drivers?
I'm assuming you mean the shape of the driver heads (not the_a, _d,_n,_s textures which are editable)
I've tried looking through some pkg files but I can't find anything

Actually going under 'All resources' you can find [driver_name].idf?model
Might be something, might be nothing

Actually going under 'All resources' you can find [driver_name].idf?model
Might be something, might be nothing
I found something in the xml file for incardriver that had some lines that I thought worth trying. I changed it and my game started crashing whenever I took a mercedes. Might be worth trying too

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 203 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%