F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Can somebody help me? My game always crashes when I try to watch replays, what should I do?
And it is crashing randomly in middle of the races

Last edited:
Guys I found something really interesting in the internet!

http://blogs.adobe.com/richardcurti...iday-unwrapping-uvs-for-photoshop-3d-objects/

With this method it should be possible to edit the UV mapping of the F1 cars? Has anyone any experience with 4D Cinema?
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't help. SInce we'd need to put the changed UV map in game we'd need to change the original chassis 3d model files, which we (as far as I'm aware) can't do. We can change code to change the model but we can't change the model itself. If we could change the models then we could do things like f1 2017 cars or at the very least use 2015 cars but we can't.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't help. SInce we'd need to put the changed UV map in game we'd need to change the original chassis 3d model files, which we (as far as I'm aware) can't do. We can change code to change the model but we can't change the model itself. If we could change the models then we could do things like f1 2017 cars or at the very least use 2015 cars but we can't.

We can't the change models because no one have found a way yet.
For example: Yet there isn't a Bridgestone tyre mod, because no one found the file where the Pirelli decals are saved. Just because we don't know how we can edit sth, it doesn't mean it is impossible. ;)

For example: Yet there isn't a Bridgestone tyre mod, because no one found the file where the Pirelli decals are saved. Just because we don't know how we can edit sth, it doesn't mean it is impossible. ;)
True. I do think there is other things to focus on modding first. If someone finds the 3d models then that's when we work on that :)

Hi.
For your information, I think Pirelli decals are in tyres.erp ;). But we don't have a way to open it, for now. I'm working on my Classic season so I also tried to replace Pirelli with Bridgestone. When we are on this topic, does anybody knows how to open .texarray.dds? (That is also in tyres.erp):)

Hey, how can I edit the driver avatars, for example the pictures shown in the rivalry screen?
you can't. Technically I think it's possbile but it would require a lot of skill and work to do if it's possbile even then. I know someone was able to edit the small video clip for the menu introduction but that process was extremely complicated

I'm trying to edit my Haas Skin and every time I try to export the decal tga out of Ego it says it can't find the mipmaps file. Any suggestions?
1. In the erp archiver click Export on the Haas skin, and you should come to this screen (if not, go to the file location for where you opened the haas.erp file, for the sake of this step by step). Click save.
Screenshot_3.png
2. Then, copy the File Name 'haas_decal.tga', and click on F1 2016 to go back to your F1 2016 folder
Screenshot_4.png
3. Next, go in the 'Search F1 2016' bar, and past 'haas_decal.tga'. Search it
Screenshot_2.png
4. It should come up with this screen (it will probably be a different icon for you, my icon is that as it's the icon of the program I use to open that file). Click open.
Screenshot_5.png
5. In your 'wep' file for 'haas', it should have the haas decal there, ready to be opened in photoshop or paint.net or whatever editing program you use.
Screenshot_6.png

Wasn't sure how skilled you were at this stuff, so just did a step by step that anyone could follow:p

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this but...

What is a modded team that you'd like to see? Like an entirely new not in F1 right now team you'd like to see a mod for?
I have some free time and could look into one.

Do you have set Directory in ego erp ?
That's what I had wrong! It works now! Thanks all!

Now I'm struggling trying to 'fill the alpha channel with white.' Whoever made the great Youtube tutorial for doing decals is using shortcuts that I can't keep up with on his keyboard...much more technically with it is he than I! I have the decals placed but every time I try to fill the layer with white, the whole screen goes white instead of just the selected logo.

That's what I had wrong! It works now! Thanks all!

Now I'm struggling trying to 'fill the alpha channel with white.' Whoever made the great Youtube tutorial for doing decals is using shortcuts that I can't keep up with on his keyboard...much more technically with it is he than I! I have the decals placed but every time I try to fill the layer with white, the whole screen goes white instead of just the selected logo.
did you try just using the brush tool? That'd be the easiest way to do it and limit the area

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 486 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 322 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 150 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.5%
Back