F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Actually going under 'All resources' you can find [driver_name].idf?model
Might be something, might be nothing
<part instanceParamCount="9" id="DriverHelmet" mesh="eaid://character_package/kitpart_assets/generic/helmets/helmet_arai_01/idf/helmet_arai_01" connectjoint="COPY" />
<part instanceParamCount="9" id="DriverSpecific" mesh="eaid://character_package/drivers/male/2016-renault_kevin_magnussen/idf/kevin_magnussen" connectjoint="COPY" />
</actor>
This is in the incardriver.scene.xml
Might work for the 3D model, might not.

did you save the paint file as DXT1 not some other? That could cause such an issue. Or if the decal as DXT5 not some other. Those could be the issue.
did you save the paint file as DXT1 not some other? That could cause such an issue. Or if the decal as DXT5 not some other. Those could be the issue.
That worrked thank you, however on the left sidepod my audi logo messes up, do you know what i can do to fic this ?
https://gyazo.com/60796863bc460b2b14dd74004d6564ee <picture

<part instanceParamCount="9" id="DriverHelmet" mesh="eaid://character_package/kitpart_assets/generic/helmets/helmet_arai_01/idf/helmet_arai_01" connectjoint="COPY" />
<part instanceParamCount="9" id="DriverSpecific" mesh="eaid://character_package/drivers/male/2016-renault_kevin_magnussen/idf/kevin_magnussen" connectjoint="COPY" />
</actor>
This is in the incardriver.scene.xml
Might work for the 3D model, might not.
I tried editing that but there was no change

Has anyone tried to edit performances to match the presumed 2017 pace? So increasing aero and all around speeds? Also which values for the aero are good to edit in the vtf file?
I tried. Here are my results:
1. I changed the 8 values in aerodynamics (4 for front wing and 4 for rear wing). I do not know their exact names, but these are the values that AI used when upgraded aerodynamics, so you can easily check up that the names of those values in .xml file.

2. Every value I multiplied by 1.8 (Value * 1.8). I wrote only three decimal places after the decimal point.

3. So, I got: (Melbourne)
1.Riccardo (me) 1:22.5
2.Verstappen 1:24.0 (ORG file - 1:25.2)
3.Hamilton 1:24.8

As you can see, the problem is AI. e.g. Turns 11 and 12 are the biggest problem. AI need to brake for turn 11, where I go with full-throttle without any problems (P.S. It's very veryy cool :) ). So, we need to improve AI too. Probably the files like aithrottle or aicornering can solve this problem, or maybe ai brake line for every single track, but it would take forever.

P.S. Also, we can very easly edit a tyre performanse for al least 2 sec faster times :)

Good evening guys! I need another help with textures haha. I really want to edit a car livery and if someone use 3ds max, then I have following question: How to open it? Which plugins I need for it? I would really appreciate the help and thanks in advance. :)

I tried. Here are my results:
1. I changed the 8 values in aerodynamics (4 for front wing and 4 for rear wing). I do not know their exact names, but these are the values that AI used when upgraded aerodynamics, so you can easily check up that the names of those values in .xml file.

2. Every value I multiplied by 1.8 (Value * 1.8). I wrote only three decimal places after the decimal point.

3. So, I got: (Melbourne)
1.Riccardo (me) 1:22.5
2.Verstappen 1:24.0 (ORG file - 1:25.2)
3.Hamilton 1:24.8

As you can see, the problem is AI. e.g. Turns 11 and 12 are the biggest problem. AI need to brake for turn 11, where I go with full-throttle without any problems (P.S. It's very veryy cool :) ). So, we need to improve AI too. Probably the files like aithrottle or aicornering can solve this problem, or maybe ai brake line for every single track, but it would take forever.

P.S. Also, we can very easly edit a tyre performanse for al least 2 sec faster times :)
Nice Work- There are 'AI' files at \asset_groups\ego_package\ai but I can't make any sense of the jsons

Nice Work- There are 'AI' files at \asset_groups\ego_package\ai but I can't make any sense of the jsons
No worry . It should be easy. We just need to compare e.g. ferrari very high ai and ferrari very low ai. Then see what's the difference about lap times, and on this basis to improve AI :)

Is there a table or something else which shows what each value means?
There isn't any table, but I can help you guys with car performances. I'm modding since f1 '15 and then I only modded car handling, so I spent a lot of time with all those values. If you have any questions about it, then ask me

No worry . It should be easy. We just need to compare e.g. ferrari very high ai and ferrari very low ai. Then see what's the difference about lap times, and on this basis to improve AI :)
very interested to see if you can get some mod done for these. If you'd be interested in helping me out with some performance mod for my season mod I'd love some help as I am not very good at editing car performance :)

Good evening guys! I need another help with textures haha. I really want to edit a car livery and if someone use 3ds max, then I have following question: How to open it? Which plugins I need for it? I would really appreciate the help and thanks in advance. :)
I recommend photoshop for the car liveries. You can get 3d models easily and only need the dds plugin.

very interested to see if you can get some mod done for these. If you'd be interested in helping me out with some performance mod for my season mod I'd love some help as I am not very good at editing car performance :)
upload_2017-2-2_22-7-53.png

So I quickly do this. This could solve my problems with AI ;)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 202 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%