F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Maybe the database take the parts of the loc like nationality and givew the flags on each driver. Thats why i ask if there is a way to open databse
no. The language file is the language file and the database doesn't take anything from it, we can just make it appear as if something was edited using the language file.

it takes because as i said before when i delete the natinlaity british from language file and open the game in his bio says that missing this part. So database take orders from language.

it takes because as i said before when i delete the natinlaity british from language file and open the game in his bio says that missing this part. So database take orders from language.
no it's just where the language would appear, that part does not come from the database, it comes from the language file which is why you can edit it in the language file

Hey guys, Karlito is currently working on his Realistic car performance mod. I am helping in the development. Like on the AI or additional language support. But we´ve run into some sort of problem. The AI now has no tyre wear and gets faster each lap because of the fuel burning. Karlito has changed the tyre grip caus 2017 have a lot more grip. The AI tyre wear is most likely handled in the "trackname"_2016.erp file. In this archive are files called like "carname".tyre_wear, but changing values or setting the mass values to the new correct values gives the AI cars not the wear back.

One solution would be giving all AI cars negative fuel consumption. The fuel tank can hold infinite amounts of fuel. only the start amount is fixed (max. 105 kilos). So we give them more and more fuel which simulates the tyre wear. Configuration is handled for each team. Problem is just that somehow the fuel tank amount has to be reseted during the pit stop.

So, does anyone know how to do that? Or where the tyre change is handled. Not the animation but the tyre data.

Ok so I'm modding the career mode to add some story to it and was wondering. How do you change which engine sound is produced by a specific team, I have found the .bdL files that have the sounds in them , but how are the linked to a team. Answers?

Hey guys. I'm starting a modded career mode very soon and want to mod the performance. But I only know how to give a team another teams performance. But I want to go more in depth than that. What things will I need to change within the performance file? If someone could give me some advice or help me with it, it would be greatly appreciated. The main thing I want to do is make the top 3 teams closer, and bring Renault and McLaren up to their pace as well. Thanks.

Hey guys. I'm starting a modded career mode very soon and want to mod the performance. But I only know how to give a team another teams performance. But I want to go more in depth than that. What things will I need to change within the performance file? If someone could give me some advice or help me with it, it would be greatly appreciated. The main thing I want to do is make the top 3 teams closer, and bring Renault and McLaren up to their pace as well. Thanks.

Maybe use "Not Created Equal 2" mod? :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%