F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

ok thx. on which file?

For example if I was going to edit the Ferrari F2004:
F1 2017 > asset_groups > f1_classic_02_vehicle_package > teams > c_ferrari_04 > wep > c_ferrari_04.erp

In the .xml file:
c_ferrari_04.vtf

For 2017 cars go to:
F1 2017 > asset_groups > f1_2017_vehicle_package > teams >

For classic cars go to:
F1 2017 > asset_groups > f1_classic_02_vehicle_package > teams >

At first the helmet mods worked, but now, the game just crashes if I load a saved file with the helmets on. Anyone know why or is anyone else having this issue?

At first the helmet mods worked, but now, the game just crashes if I load a saved file with the helmets on. Anyone know why or is anyone else having this issue?
Are you attempting to start a classic event or using the classic cars? Even when I have updated the incardriver.erp in the classic asset group, the game still crashes. Simply switching helmet before doing these events fixed the issue. Otherwise I had no problems on patch 1.7 with the game crashing.

Are you attempting to start a classic event or using the classic cars? Even when I have updated the incardriver.erp in the classic asset group, the game still crashes. Simply switching helmet before doing these events fixed the issue. Otherwise I had no problems on patch 1.7 with the game crashing.

It crashes in career mod

I like to have the Fernando Alonso's helmet from 2009 Season, the 2007 Season and Roberto Merhi's helmet from 2015 F1 Season or 2016 WEC Season. Thanks if anyone make any of these helmets

Hello, sorry I cannot page through all of this thread. There was a camera mod in F1 2016 where in the cockpit cam there was a helmet tilt, look to apex, and camera shake at speed. Has anyone done that for F1 2017?

Does anyone have a guide or a link to how to CREATE helmets, not just change them? Been trying for weeks to get a grip what to do, where to look at and how to do it and i'm getting little bit frustrated :D

Wasn't quite sure where to put this but I thought I'd try here. I'm looking for a game that can be modded to have 3 cars and drivers in every F1 team. Anyone got any ideas?

Can someone please tell me which type of mods are safe and the game still saves with them?
I know helmets are ok. Is it all? Or there is more? Can you change driver or team names? Can you somehow change the heads of the drivers? (both models and ingame photos)?
Thanks

Can someone please tell me which type of mods are safe and the game still saves with them?
I know helmets are ok. Is it all? Or there is more? Can you change driver or team names? Can you somehow change the heads of the drivers? (both models and ingame photos)?
Thanks
Change Helmets and names, no problem. If you change performance or skins the game doesnt save

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 419 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 262 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 284 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.9%
Back