F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Hi guys,

How difficult is it to adjust car performance? I want to tighten up the field a little bit with McLaren about level with Toro Rosso, Haas and Williams and the Sauber just above where McLaren is at the moment in the game. If it's pretty simple, please let me know how and if I can get it right I'll put it up as a mod

Hi everyone - I've got a few questions:
1)What ERP should be used as of now? There is loads of different recommendations in forum, in discussions under different mods and loads of people recommending that this or that version should be used. So what is the best one?
2)Is there a way to preview textures in ERP in F1 2017? Or it will never happen?
3)Is there a way to export textures and if not, will it be possible in the future?
4) If you want to make a driver swap, its easy to change the ingame text with ELE, but is there some way to swap helmets too? For example if i transfer Wehrlein to Williams and i want his helmet to go with him? One way is to create your own helmet, but is there a way to somehow export for example wehrlein's helmet from sauber and import it on massa for example to complete the driver transfer?
Thanks a lot for answers and help

I have a Question about the abbreviated Names on the Car. I seen some picrures of people in their carrer modes with their abbreviated name on the car. And I want to do them aswell I tried to find the Texutres for it with Ego Erp achivier but I had no luck.( After exporting all textures I can't open most of them) So How can I edit the blank space to my abbreviated Name.?

Hi guys,

How difficult is it to adjust car performance? I want to tighten up the field a little bit with McLaren about level with Toro Rosso, Haas and Williams and the Sauber just above where McLaren is at the moment in the game. If it's pretty simple, please let me know how and if I can get it right I'll put it up as a mod

It's pretty easy once you understand the jist of it since it's pretty much the exact same as in F12016. All you need to do is open the McLaren .erp file (\asset_groups\f1_2017_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\wep) and export the .xml file. After that all you need to do is increase/decrease what values you want, save and then import the xml file back. You can check this video (
) if you want to know how to mod specific performance components (engine, downforce etc.)

It's pretty easy once you understand the jist of it since it's pretty much the exact same as in F12016. All you need to do is open the McLaren .erp file (\asset_groups\f1_2017_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\wep) and export the .xml file. After that all you need to do is increase/decrease what values you want, save and then import the xml file back. You can check this video (
) if you want to know how to mod specific performance components (engine, downforce etc.)
Cheers for that. It seems like the sort of thing I'd get wrong initially but eventually get so I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Does that have anything for the AI driver performance level? Probably not, but I still have no idea if that can be changed at all.

Is there a way to change the look of the helmet in the game, such as a conventional helmet which is given in the game to change for the helmets Schuberth or Arai or Bell? If anyone knows something please help I saw the way the game in 2016, but I tried to do but failed.

Hey guys... I have a question...
How r u exporting the files for modding? I've made everything, but when I open in photoshop, it stucks showing a message about a disk error... Can u guys help me?

Attachments

• help 1.png
    help 1.png
    959.9 KB · Views: 494
  • help 2.png
    help 2.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 568
I've seen people mod texarrays because some of the mods on here have modded texarrays , but how do you mod them . I can open them in Photoshop but can't separate the individual parts of the array at all .

This is basically what I want to do with the UI ( see pic below , yeah I know thats from 2016 but it's just to give the gist ) and replace the game tyre icons with proper tyre icons but the file theyre contained in ( at least in the garage laptop is a texarray so I dont know how to replace them . The images themselves shouldnt be a problem for me as I have the images and converting them to the right size and format shouldnt be too difficult , but Im struggling to figure out how to replace the existing images :(F1 2016 14.4.2017. 14_48_49.png

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%