F1 2018 Work-In-Progress Thread

Yeah I see what you mean they kind of coded everything to stop the game from being modified while of course with gp4 all these technologies were unknown at the time so it was easier to go around the securities,hopefully someone will come up with a solution and will allow modders to modify skins without mirroring issues.
I doubt these Codies games will ever really be modded, the community simply does not have the computer engineering skill required to make the tools to do so. It's probably possible to edit the models, but you'd need someone to develop the tools to do so which there really isn't a person for in this community.

Tried making my first skin (For F1 Games). It's a mission winnow inspired livery based on the williams. As this is my first skin any constructive criticism is useful :) I will upload it if people like it
20181026190027_1.jpg
20181026190039_1.jpg
20181026190043_1.jpg
20181026190052_1.jpg
20181026190113_1.jpg

The saddest part of things is they spent so much effort stopping it being easily moddable. The reason is because no one will buy the game again the following year if people can make the current one fun and work correctly.

The saddest part of things is they spent so much effort stopping it being easily moddable. The reason is because no one will buy the game again the following year if people can make the current one fun and work correctly.

but what I don't get is why they don't leave the game easily to mod,at the end of the day codemasters it's selling games that are old already after 3 months because the game comes out in August but after 3 months it's old as the season finishes.
I would understand if the game would come out every march but how it is now I don't get why all these restrictions.

but what I don't get is why they don't leave the game easily to mod,at the end of the day codemasters it's selling games that are old already after 3 months because the game comes out in August but after 3 months it's old as the season finishes.
I would understand if the game would come out every march but how it is now I don't get why all these restrictions.
they don't want mods because FOM and F1 sponsors don't want mods. The companies play for their logos to be on the cars in their places and don't want those logos destroyed or removed in the game. Which is why the damage model is limited and Codies do all they can to block livery modding. They also don't like driver transfers as they aren't allowed to have them with the FOM license either

they don't want mods because FOM and F1 sponsors don't want mods. The companies play for their logos to be on the cars in their places and don't want those logos destroyed or removed in the game. Which is why the damage model is limited and Codies do all they can to block livery modding. They also don't like driver transfers as they aren't allowed to have them with the FOM license either

well but the best way will be to release the game in march and then update it with patches for liveries and all the rest,because if the game in future will be even more restrict then I will find another game and I won't buy f1 games from codemasters because I don't want to spend money on something that after 3 months is out of date and I'm sure it's not only me to think this way and doing like they doing codemasters is only hurting them self

well but the best way will be to release the game in march and then update it with patches for liveries and all the rest,because if the game in future will be even more restrict then I will find another game and I won't buy f1 games from codemasters because I don't want to spend money on something that after 3 months is out of date and I'm sure it's not only me to think this way and doing like they doing codemasters is only hurting them self
it isn't really possible to do that release time for them, they need races to balance performances and get enough data to do the performances, they'd also basically need to skip a year to get the development cycle to work for an earlier release.

it isn't really possible to do that release time for them, they need races to balance performances and get enough data to do the performances, they'd also basically need to skip a year to get the development cycle to work for an earlier release.

I remember the F1 CODEMASTERS ONLINE (2012) and they had 2 categories: the official teams and the custom teams. And werent a problem. I dont understand why they dont let mod easily

I know what you mean but they could just make an update example this years cars and next year won't be that different and they could base performance on winter testing and after 4 races release a patch for performances and with that I would be more than happy to spend 30 or 40 £ every year to get a game that will be up to date for a full year.

You need way more Haas branding on the car, maybe some red there as well. I know you can do more. Also I'm fairly certain the E and N button logos are regulated to certain colours so making them gold might not be the best

The problem is the parts for paint...for example, the logo at the top sides are in diferent positions but is the same logo position in .dds xd

More red? mmm i will try

This design is """""""based"""""""" in this design because a guy wrote in a petitions thread but i cant copy. Its really hard to mod with this skins

rich-energy-f1-racing-jpg.275806

I think it's definitely an improvement. Still looks a bit plain to me so maybe you can add a few more logos somewhere (they recently announced that the Peak and BlueDEF partnerships have been extended for example). The nose design still looks a bit odd as well with the red mixed in

You mean i have to paint gold/yellow color the nose?

Do you guys think its possible to swap the current grid with different cars (for example a full 2003/04) season? I saw a mod that basically import the 2017 model on the 2018 game so I was wondering if it was possible with the classic cars. I tried to basically swap the wep and assets-group files but it doent's work. It might work by modding all the "model" and "render" files but its a ****ing long work to do.

Do you guys think its possible to swap the current grid with different cars (for example a full 2003/04) season? I saw a mod that basically import the 2017 model on the 2018 game so I was wondering if it was possible with the classic cars. I tried to basically swap the wep and assets-group files but it doent's work. It might work by modding all the "model" and "render" files but its a ****ing long work to do.
Yeah you can, you have to edit the asset group file in the folder with the erp and add the common classic cars location and the classic car you want’s location

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 112 88.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 37.0%