F1 2020 Extreme, Medium and Realistic damage

Misc F1 2020 Extreme, Medium and Realistic damage Update 11

Login or Register an account to download this content
What does the line "speedtresholdvalue" do? I see that in realistic mode it is set at 2, when in your F12019 mod was set at 3. Should I set it at 3 for it to be just a little bit less sensitive? Especially if combined with some improved dirty air mode like yours, as with this at 102-107 level cars fight a lot and I get a bit too many crashes, DNFS and safety cars in 50% races. Thanks for your help!

What does the line "speedtresholdvalue" do? I see that in realistic mode it is set at 2, when in your F12019 mod was set at 3. Should I set it at 3 for it to be just a little bit less sensitive? Especially if combined with some improved dirty air mode like yours, as with this at 102-107 level cars fight a lot and I get a bit too many crashes, DNFS and safety cars in 50% races. Thanks for your help!
Yes, this is the best way to adjust the sensitivity. Bigger number = less sensitivity. I've increased the sensitivity in this mod because the AI is much more cautious this year.

Last edited:
Yes, this is the best way to adjust the sensitivity. Bigger number = less sensitivity. I've increased the sensitivity in this mod because the AI is much more cautious this year.
Thank You strongestfish. I think that I will revert to value 3. I have been playing with your mods since one year and progressed a lot, I played at 60-70 and now that I play at 102-107 I can tell you that the more you raise the a.i. level the more they fight and they also make mistakes so having 2 as treshold was a bit too much as they don't know very well to leave each other space...

Thank You strongestfish. I think that I will revert to value 3. I have been playing with your mods since one year and progressed a lot, I played at 60-70 and now that I play at 102-107 I can tell you that the more you raise the a.i. level the more they fight and they also make mistakes so having 2 as treshold was a bit too much as they don't know very well to leave each other space...
I don't play at 100+, but in my experience, threshold 2.5 is the best for this difficulty. Because I did this version for one youtuber and the result was very good. He plays on 105. Most crashes look like this: two cars crash into each other, and a crowd of other bots crash into them without brakes, after which they become transparent. But I can't influence AI behavior and transparency.
For example here at 10:50 :

Last edited:
I wish my A.I. would do crashes. The only one losing frontwings is actually me. I play between around 70-80 mostly and though the A.I. bumps often into me, I only see my car parts being gone ...

I wish my A.I. would do crashes. The only one losing frontwings is actually me. I play between around 70-80 mostly and though the A.I. bumps often into me, I only see my car parts being gone ...
Well...use medium or extreme with indestructible car for your team with this parameters:

<F1SuspensionDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="7" />
<FrontDamageScale value="0.001" />
<RearDamageScale value="0.0001" />
<WheelDetachScale value="1000.000000" />
<PartsDetachScale value="1000.0" />
</F1SuspensionDamage>
<F1WingDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="3" />
<DamageScale value="0.0001" />
<ChassisDamageMultiple value="0.8" />
<SideDetachScale value="1000.5" />
<FullDetachScale value="1000.99" />

Last edited:
I don't play at 100+, but in my experience, threshold 2.5 is the best for this difficulty. Because I did this version for one youtuber and the result was very good. He plays on 105. Most crashes look like this: two cars crash into each other, and a crowd of other bots crash into them without brakes, after which they become transparent. But I can't influence AI behavior and transparency.
For example here at 10:50 :

Does he play with your dirty air mod combined? Because I have your realistic damage combined to your dirty air mod just tweaked a bit with lift at 1.5 instead of 1.7 and drag at 0.82, this might be the reason I have more wheel to wheel battles between the computer cars. Today I will try treshold 3 and if still not satisfied I will follow your advice and try 2,5.

Another question: you say this increases sensitivity in simulation damage, but I played on "full" and it was still easy to break parts and suspensions, so it may be possible to just switch to "full" if I want less sensitivity maybe?

I heard also that the AI always works on "full" even if you play on "simulation" so the field is uneven.

Also I heard that "simulation", in addition to making your front wing and suspensions more sensitive, allows You to unlock the possibility for punctures, but I don't know if in "full" punctures are less likely to happen or simply unlocked, also Codemasters developers did not provide an answer. Do you know something?
(I also merged the mods with the punctures and failures mod by AndyAndy and in "simulation" I got punctures)

Last edited:
Does he play with your dirty air mod combined? Because I have your realistic damage combined to your dirty air mod just tweaked a bit with lift at 1.5 instead of 1.7 and drag at 0.82, this might be the reason I have more wheel to wheel battles between the computer cars. Today I will try treshold 3 and if still not satisfied I will follow your advice and try 2,5.
He play almost without air mod. Slip 0.85 and drag 0.8, that's all, effect is very small.
Another question: you say this increases sensitivity in simulation damage, but I played on "full" and it was still easy to break parts and suspensions, so it may be possible to just switch to "full" if I want less sensitivity maybe?
Yes, "full" preset decreases effect of the mod, but i don't know how much.
I heard also that the AI always works on "full" even if you play on "simulation" so the field is uneven.
I've never heard of this and can't confirm or deny it, because there are no damage characteristics in the files separately for the AI and the player. Only common parameters. If it is in the game, then in the database or exe files, which is unmoddable.
Also I heard that "simulation", in addition to making your front wing and suspensions more sensitive, allows You to unlock the possibility for punctures, but I don't know if in "full" punctures are less likely to happen or simply unlocked, also Codemasters developers did not provide an answer. Do you know something?
(I also merged the mods with the punctures and failures mod by AndyAndy and in "simulation" I got punctures)
Yes, full or simulation unlocks punctures.
I only know that punctures can happen in three cases:
1. On debris.
2. After heavy wear(after 75% by default and after 80% in the Andy's mod)
3. From strong friction against the wall.

Last edited:
He play almost without air mod. Slip 0.85 and drag 0.8, that's all, effect is very small.

Yes, "full" preset decreases effect of the mod, but i don't know how much.

I've never heard of this and can't confirm or deny it, because there are no damage characteristics in the files separately for the AI and the player. Only common parameters. If it is in the game, then in the database or exe files, which is unmoddable.

Yes, full or simulation unlocks punctures.
I only know that punctures can happen in three cases:
1. On debris.
2. After heavy wear(after 75% by default and after 80% in the Andy's mod)
3. From strong friction against the wall.

Update: somehow I did screw something up when merging the mod, as I wanted to change the speedthreshold value to 3, I figured out I did put it on 1,5 instead of 2, so even more sensitive than your realistic damage mod! Too much numbers got in my head. So everyone please take my previous feedback with caution knowing that I had a +0,5 more sensitive. I will keep you up to date and tell You how I feel with 3 instead of 2. Cheers!

Update: i feel suspension treshold speed at 2,5 better than 3, with 3 sometimes even if I was hitting really hard another car it did not break the suspensions. Even a 0,5 difference is very sensitive so currently I will keep 2,5 and if i experience too many retirements I will switch to 3.

hola, es la 1 vez que instalo mods y no se como se hace, he copiadop la carpeta en el juego en steam/common/ f1 2020 y ahi es donde la he pegado y no noto ninguna diferencia que he hecho mal? me encantaria tener este mod porfavor

I have some questions: If i choose realistic, simulation damage is the same for me and every other driver? or simulation is just for me?
And is more accurate to real life, full damage or simulation damage? thx

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%