F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

hello, I created a myteam car and used png for sponsors and stuff. I mainly only downsized them, so I dont think there should be a resolution problem in game but there is. I dont have a lot of understanding with photos and resolutions and stuff, but does the logo get more blurry when you downsize it?

also, my custom paint edges are jagged lines. everything seems low res. and i have it on all myteam and fom car, with the mipmaps in the correct places. just in photoshop it looks pixelated and that translates to f1.

hello, I created a myteam car and used png for sponsors and stuff. I mainly only downsized them, so I dont think there should be a resolution problem in game but there is. I dont have a lot of understanding with photos and resolutions and stuff, but does the logo get more blurry when you downsize it?

also, my custom paint edges are jagged lines. everything seems low res. and i have it on all myteam and fom car, with the mipmaps in the correct places. just in photoshop it looks pixelated and that translates to f1.
Depending on how small you resized, it will lose quality.

What is the image size for your livery? It should be 4096x4096 to match the base livery quality. If you have Illustrator, and you're using real-life sponsors for your car, try to get vector image logos for your livery. I use www.seeklogo.com. You download the vector files, and open them in Adobe Illustrator, then select the logo and copy+paste into Photoshop as a smart object. This maintains the vector quality when resizing.

If you have screenshots of what it looks like in-game and in photoshop, that will also help figure out what the problem is.

Depending on how small you resized, it will lose quality.

What is the image size for your livery? It should be 4096x4096 to match the base livery quality. If you have Illustrator, and you're using real-life sponsors for your car, try to get vector image logos for your livery. I use www.seeklogo.com. You download the vector files, and open them in Adobe Illustrator, then select the logo and copy+paste into Photoshop as a smart object. This maintains the vector quality when resizing.

If you have screenshots of what it looks like in-game and in photoshop, that will also help figure out what the problem is.
Hi, thanks for the response. I don't have illustrator, anyway to do that someplace else? i can get in game and ps screenshots later.

I'm just wondering if there is any setting in Photoshop to change or something. I'll send those screenshots in here soon.

let me look at my resolution.

Hi, making a Sony/Gran Turismo themed car. In PS it looks like this:
1596687195062.png

but in game it looks like this:
1596687240667.png

anyone know what gives?

Is that possible to create a mod to correct the team colours on the HUD and menu? Like Alpha Tauri in TV graphic is white and Williams are light blue. In the game Alpha is a wierd blue and Williams is white.
Yeah, I asked that question too about 2 weeks ago but unfortunately still no answer :( haven't found it in the files either so far. Hopefully we can change this in the future

Yep. Doing exactly that. No clue why it's coming out so bright teal.
Update: I was in fact not doing exactly that, but selecting LINEAR color instead of SRGB. Fixed that and double checked that my ERP archiver had the right game directory and it's working great. getting somewhere with my livery...

JQiUIfI.png

Is there a guide on how you're supposed to design the custom numbers with their 10 layers of mipmaps? I don't know how to work with those.

Is it possible to swap the custom liveries from MyTeam? Meaning can you replace a common livery with an epic livery by renaming and then swapping the files?

hi guys, great forum!

is it possible to modify th starting engine values in the myteam mode (the one you chose at the beginning). the ferrari engine is way too stron imo.

thanks in advance!

Anyone know how to turn off 3D Lighting in photoshop? It’s killing me because when I move the 3D helmet model around it instantly jacks the lighting up and is pissing me off....lol

Is it possible to swap the custom liveries from MyTeam? Meaning can you replace a common livery with an epic livery by renaming and then swapping the files?
Yes you can do that. Be aware of how many colors each has available though. Also, some Legendary ones have a diffuse map as well has 4 color choices.

Hello all. I tried to replace the 70th anniversary livery with my own one, but I had a problem wherein the car would grow green under lighting. This occured with both the default f170 specmap and a custom one where I simply copied an empty 8x8 mask file and used it as the specmap. After messing around a bit with the ways I could save things (merging the layers of the diffuse map in photoshop and switching between auto-generating mipmaps and generating them from layers) and messing around with the specmap by changing it to a blank 256x256 dds file (which appeared as white in the erp archiver), my car is now entirely black in game. I'm unsure how I should be saving the diffuse file (layers merged/unmerged and mipmaps auto-generated/from layers) and what I should be using as a specular file.

Hello all. I tried to replace the 70th anniversary livery with my own one, but I had a problem wherein the car would grow green under lighting. This occured with both the default f170 specmap and a custom one where I simply copied an empty 8x8 mask file and used it as the specmap. After messing around a bit with the ways I could save things (merging the layers of the diffuse map in photoshop and switching between auto-generating mipmaps and generating them from layers) and messing around with the specmap by changing it to a blank 256x256 dds file (which appeared as white in the erp archiver), my car is now entirely black in game. I'm unsure how I should be saving the diffuse file (layers merged/unmerged and mipmaps auto-generated/from layers) and what I should be using as a specular file.

I have a very similar question. Using the Racenet save location I have my livery in game but I can't figure out specmaps (m and s files).

All the guidance here has been great so far, I haven't had to ask a question... but now I'm stuck!

Is there a good guide / template on how to create these? Firstly I'd just like a simple glossy spec map, but later I'd like to experiment with masking some of livery with matt or chrome highlights.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 161 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 23 2.7%