F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to create a custom logo for My Team, but when I import it with EGO Erp achiver, the colours are messed up and the test is just a black rectangle.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong - doing a custom livery worked just fine and I am essentially using the same process.

I assume I am exporting from Photoshop with the wrong settings or something like that?

Many thanks in advance.

guys do you know why if I import the dds and then save the changes (in this case number font) the resolution is very low?
Has anyone came up with a solution for blurry textures? Because my skins don't work like at all here because of that. Or anything that I try to mod, tbh.

You need to save the .erp files for all locations. There are up to 5 .erp files you need to overwrite when doing custom MyTeam liveries:
  1. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\wep\fom_car.erp
    This one changes ONLY the main menu customization (not in MyTeam mode).
  2. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_ferrari\wep\myteam_ferrari.erp
    This is for MyTeam if you selected Ferrari as your engine supplier.
  3. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_honda\wep\myteam_honda.erp
    This is for MyTeam if you selected Honda as your engine supplier.
  4. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_mercedes\wep\myteam_mercedes.erp
    This is for MyTeam if you selected Mercedes as your engine supplier.
  5. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_renault\wep\myteam_renault.erp
    This is for MyTeam if you selected Renaultas your engine supplier.
Keep in mind, if you change suppliers in later seasons, you STILL need to change the .erp of your first season. I do not know if this is related to the current bug where the engine sounds lag 1 season behind your choices (i.e. - you choose Mercedes Season 1, you choose Honda season 2. In season 2 you will still have the Mercedes engine sound. In season 3 if you change from Honda to another one, you will have the Honda engine sound from Season 2). The easiest thing to do is to just overwrite ALL FIVE of the .erp's so you don't have a problem with your liveries later.

Hello everyone!

Im about to make custom livery with photoshop but i have a question.

Can you tell me how can i find clear sponsor logos.

Are you wanting REAL sponsors or just clear images of in-game sponsors?
If real sponsors, use this website (assuming you have Adobe Illustrator - you need it to open the vector files) - https://seeklogo.com/

If you want high-res in-game sponsors, we do not have those. Nobody has been able to locate them in the game files. I am currently re-drawing them in Photoshop as vectors to be used in this way, but I don't have an estimate on when it's done.

You need to save the .erp files for all locations. There are up to 5 .erp files you need to overwrite when doing custom MyTeam liveries:
  1. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\wep\fom_car.erp
    This one changes ONLY the main menu customization (not in MyTeam mode).
  2. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_ferrari\wep\myteam_ferrari.erp
    This is for MyTeam if you selected Ferrari as your engine supplier.
  3. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_honda\wep\myteam_honda.erp
    This is for MyTeam if you selected Honda as your engine supplier.
  4. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_mercedes\wep\myteam_mercedes.erp
    This is for MyTeam if you selected Mercedes as your engine supplier.
  5. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_renault\wep\myteam_renault.erp
    This is for MyTeam if you selected Renaultas your engine supplier.
Keep in mind, if you change suppliers in later seasons, you STILL need to change the .erp of your first season. I do not know if this is related to the current bug where the engine sounds lag 1 season behind your choices (i.e. - you choose Mercedes Season 1, you choose Honda season 2. In season 2 you will still have the Mercedes engine sound. In season 3 if you change from Honda to another one, you will have the Honda engine sound from Season 2). The easiest thing to do is to just overwrite ALL FIVE of the .erp's so you don't have a problem with your liveries later.

Are you wanting REAL sponsors or just clear images of in-game sponsors?
If real sponsors, use this website (assuming you have Adobe Illustrator - you need it to open the vector files) - https://seeklogo.com/

If you want high-res in-game sponsors, we do not have those. Nobody has been able to locate them in the game files. I am currently re-drawing them in Photoshop as vectors to be used in this way, but I don't have an estimate on when it's done.

Did that, but I still get blurry textures.

I just seriously don't know what could be causing that. The skins that I do work, because other people have no problem.

Did that, but I still get blurry textures.

I just seriously don't know what could be causing that. The skins that I do work, because other people have no problem.
It looks like the .mipmaps. When you import a texture into the .erp, it will ask you where to save mipmap files. Those need to be in the particular directory when you install to the Steam directory.

In the steam directory, the ERP files are in the folders in this directory:
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\wep\fom_car.erp
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_ferrari\wep\myteam_ferrari.erp
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_honda\wep\myteam_honda.erp
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_mercedes\wep\myteam_mercedes.erp
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_renault\wep\myteam_renault.erp
These all pull from the same .mipmaps files, that are located here:
  • F1 2020\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\textures\liveries
You need to save them in this folder structure. To make this easy, set your 'game' directory in the Ego ERP Archiver to the root F1 2020 folder (Settings tab > Game Directory > Set Directory). If you do this, it will save the .mipmaps in the correct location automatically when you import. If you're manually importing, you'll be saving over the same mipmaps when you import into each .ERP file.

I personally handle all the overwriting outside of the Steam directory, then copy+paste all of it into Steam at once. So you can 'Set Directory' to a separate folder with the same structure as the Steam directory but only has the files you're overwriting.

It looks like the .mipmaps. When you import a texture into the .erp, it will ask you where to save mipmap files. Those need to be in the particular directory when you install to the Steam directory.

In the steam directory, the ERP files are in the folders in this directory:
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\wep\fom_car.erp
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_ferrari\wep\myteam_ferrari.erp
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_honda\wep\myteam_honda.erp
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_mercedes\wep\myteam_mercedes.erp
  • F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_renault\wep\myteam_renault.erp
These all pull from the same .mipmaps files, that are located here:
  • F1 2020\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\textures\liveries
You need to save them in this folder structure. To make this easy, set your 'game' directory in the Ego ERP Archiver to the root F1 2020 folder (Settings tab > Game Directory > Set Directory). If you do this, it will save the .mipmaps in the correct location automatically when you import. If you're manually importing, you'll be saving over the same mipmaps when you import into each .ERP file.

I personally handle all the overwriting outside of the Steam directory, then copy+paste all of it into Steam at once. So you can 'Set Directory' to a separate folder with the same structure as the Steam directory but only has the files you're overwriting.

That's the weird part.. I had the directory set for the F1 2020 steam file, and it shows perfectly like that. But when I put the specific directory all the way until liveries, it just doesn't work.

When it works (on the F1 2020 Folder) I get the message that the mipmaps and ERP data do not match.

That's the weird part.. I had the directory set for the F1 2020 steam file, and it shows perfectly like that. But when I put the specific directory all the way until liveries, it just doesn't work.

When it works (on the F1 2020 Folder) I get the message that the mipmaps and ERP data do not match.
Those are just the folders that everything saves to. Just set the directory one time to the F1 2020 root folder. If you set the F1 2020 root folder as the directory, it will save the .mipmaps automatically to that folder.

Those are just the folders that everything saves to. Just set the directory one time to the F1 2020 root folder. If you set the F1 2020 root folder as the directory, it will save the .mipmaps automatically to that folder.

Yeah and I had that automatically set up when I did before. For some reason, the updated .erp and the mipmaps just dont match.

1: How do you change the logo in game? I tried it before but it is a mess and I would like to have the original Spyker F1 logo.

2: The Williams has the right settings as you can see on the bottom but how do I save it for mine in Photoshop?

16.jpg

just a few picks to show you what I mean.

15.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everybody. I don't know if I'm right here with my request. I would like to play two different MyTeam careers, with the old teams Jordan and Jaguar. For both teams I could already download the right skin mods here, but in the game I only have one skin that I can select. My question would now be whether it is possible to use ingame multiple skins and if so how can I do this via the Copy pase installation? Because over the copy pase it seems as if a skin packet is always overwritten so that I can only play with one skin.

Thanks for Help and sorry for my bad English

With the template from jburon72, you have to remove the diffuse map that is in the photoshop file.
  • Remove the texture from the model, and create a new diffuse texture (sized 4096x4096).

• Go back to 'Layers' and then paste in your Smart Object or other image you want to put on the car. It'll add it as a separate layer in the overall file.
    View attachment 393572

• Position your 3D view to locate the image on the car where you want (since it locks its position on the screen even when rotating the view).
    View attachment 393573

• Merge your 2D layer with the 3D layer. You have to create the new diffuse in the first step because the template as-is doesn't allow editing in 3D view.
    View attachment 393574

• Edit your diffuse map to check that it was applied correctly.
    View attachment 393575
This method works with the template - if you create an image this way and re-open the jburon72 template, you can paste this in from the texture created (last screenshot) and it is applied to the wireframe correctly (this isn't necessary to create your texture, just noting that it should translate to the game correctly).
Thanks mate. Now I know how you guys make perfects sponsors on the rear wing !

Hi again!

I mentioned before that i want to design my own livery but adobe photoshop is killing my pc I cant even change color.
Do you guys know any other program that can help me

Hello, is there any way we could do a driver swap? Was just curious because from what I've heard we can't do that on the previous game. Is it possible to do it now? And are there any tutorials on this?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 453 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 298 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.8%
Back