F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

I've tinkered with them successfully myself now, along with the monitors and screens too during practice and quali (so now the right screen is branded rather than just showing the F1 logo). At the moment not at home to do so, but I'll pop a video up when I'm back as once you find the files they are relatively easy to tinker with

Hey thank you so much for your videos they’ve helped me so much over the last week. I’ve literally gone from knowing nothing and Photoshop inept to actually creating Helmet/Livery/Pit Crew/Race Crew/Pit Gantry/Pit Light. I’ve been able to make my own My Team Package thanks to you so keep up the great work.

Hi

I have found where the weather data is stored in the game and am looking to mod it. Problem seems to be the file format. I cant fully view the data. Its in a .tod format but I think its just a renamed XML. Tod is their term for weather (time of day)

Any idea what format the file is in and if we can view it? Have attached it to the post as a txt but to change it back to how it is saved in the game files change it to .tod. But to be honest changing between the formats doesnt change the data at all, which is why I think its an XML

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• sequence_data.weather!!!temp000.txt
    50.9 KB · Views: 68
Hlmt2k-Daruvala020

Can someone else make Jehan Daruvala's 2020 helmet and all of the 2020 Formula 3 drivers helmets?

how to add f3 or other series drivers who are not in the game? Might be a stupid quesrion but I didn't find any info on that. Thanks in advance

Does anyone know why my custom helmet isn’t showing up in My Team Gameplay? I’ve installed it in the fom01 erp and it shows up in customization from main menus and customization in My Team but doesn’t load into Practice/Qual/Race.

Any help would be great thanks

EDIT: I’m gonna stop asking questions because I figure it out sooner or later...lol. I forgot you had to change all 3 of the fom01 files (fom01.erp, fom01_gloves.erp,fom01_helmet.erp)

Last edited:
I feel like tyre wear is too little on this game.....nearly every race a flippin one-stop (at least for me). Is there a way to increase wear?

I believe it is located in the tyrecompounds.erp. You'll have to extract the XML file from the ERP file. It is located in:
F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\tyrecompounds

Does anyone having a problem in My-Team Career where you are not getting interviews post sessions? In my last save i was in Spain when i haven’t gotten interviewed once (appart from the pre season intro by Will Buxton). What did mean i couldn’t select a rival in Vietnam.

NOTE, i did have a Porsche skin mod installed but that shouldn’t affect the interviews? It was all fine before i did install the mods

Anyone got a guide on making specmaps? I know there's that post with hexcodes but I can't do that without also washing out my sponsorlogos and color decals. i just want my base paint to be shiny. thanks in advance

hi everyone, when i try to import a texture of a number with egoERP, it tells me "minimaps not found, make sure they are in the correct folder" . can someone help me?

Hello all,

With the addition of My Team in this years game and being fairly computer savvy, I thought I'd give a go at creating some custom stuff for use myself. However, of the guides I could find, alot missed key points and things that could have save me hours. I've now completed for now this project which includes all pit and crew wear and custom vehicle and helmet design. Now with this complete, hopefully to help anyone out there wanting to tinker themselves done a series of idiot's guides to finding and exporting game files, making custom designs and then applying them in game.

They can be found on my youtube, but be warned I'm no pro content creator at all and it is an idiots guide for those wanting to create something fully bespoke. I'm currently working around perfecting other stuff such as pit gantries and monitor displays for practice and quali which once complete I'll put a few more videos up. Hopefully in doing them, I can assist or save time to those tinkering about themselves.

Idiots Guide to Modding F1 2020 the Game

FOKING LEGEND

can we edit existing liveries using with Photoshop?

Do you know how to export them and open with Photoshop

You have to locate them on your PC (On the install drive - steam/steamapps/common/f12020/).

The liveries are in the F1 2020 asset groups folder, and the teams folder. You'll need EGO ERP to export and reload when you've changed it. It's the same if doing so with a downloaded livery, except load the downloaded files to their respective places.

If you're doing so for a myteam livery, that is different as you'd need to also load the livery in the respective myteam vehicle file (in this same folder) for your engine maker (as a minimum if not all just in case you change and forget to tinker later)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.2%