F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

I was importing decal liveries (im making the racing point we race as one mod) to Ego ERP Archive and the colors are weird they kinda look inverted. What format should i use to make the colors normal?

Is it possible to change the AlphaTauri Engine sound to Ferrari? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Yes it is possible.
Go to Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\wep\ferrari.erp and open the erp file using erp archiver.
Then in pkg files you will see a file called ferrari-carmodel.layer.json
Extract it and open it in notepad
Then look for "bundleName": "stri ferrari_2020.bdl" and change it to "bundleName": "stri honda_2020.bdl".
Save it and import it

Yes it is possible.
Go to Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\wep\ferrari.erp and open the erp file using erp archiver.
Then look for "bundleName": "stri ferrari_2020.bdl" and change it to "bundleName": "stri honda_2020.bdl".
Save it and import it
I think that was in reverse, I understood the original message as add the Ferrari engine sound to Alpha Tauri and not Honda engine sound to Ferrari, but regardless it's the same process just different teams files

Yes it is possible.
Save it and import it
I think that was in reverse, I understood the original message as add the Ferrari engine sound to Alpha Tauri and not Honda engine sound to Ferrari, but regardless it's the same process just different teams files

Yes thanks to both of you much appreciated.

How’ do you backup your F1 2020 files before starting to install mods? Do you back it up after every successful install? Do you keep just a clean folder of the game at all times just in case? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

How’ do you backup your F1 2020 files before starting to install mods? Do you back it up after every successful install? Do you keep just a clean folder of the game at all times just in case? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
I just created a folder for the original files and put them there

Hi, I have attempted my first livery on the racenet one, but do i put custom psonsors on the livery dds file? because they are very bluirry in game due to the low amount of pixels. Or is there a decals dds for the racenet car? thank you

How can I maintain symmetry on both sides of the car with respect to the sponsors? I think this thread is about questions like this, maybe you can help me, I am unable to maintain the symmetry of the sponsors and for example colour lines design, is there any tool or way to do it? Manually it is impossible.

Yes it is possible.
Save it and import it

I have the changed file on my desktop but how do I now import it? If anyone can help I’d appreciate it

UPADTE: I figured it out and it’s brilliant! Thanks so much for your help :)

Last edited:
Hey. So i created a livery on FOM chassis and I am working on the rest for a full team package and I want to replace Renault with it. I replaced all the FOM files as well as the chassis but the livery is a mess and when I replace a FOM Racenet car everything is fine. What can I do?

hello, i'm new to modding, does anybody know how/if i could change the myteam model car from the fom model, to the mercedes one ?

because i tried it and the model was there, but the livery was messed up and bits of the cars were missing. any and all help will be much appreciated, thank you !

hello, i'm new to modding, does anybody know how/if i could change the myteam model car from the fom model, to the mercedes one ?

because i tried it and the model was there, but the livery was messed up and bits of the cars were missing. any and all help will be much appreciated, thank you !
I don't think that's doable for now. Due to lack of certain carbon fiber textures in the fom_car it is not compatible with other chassis directly, and the only way to get around that is via changing the mat_binding as well, but that leads to an issue of the livery files between the two teams being shared. I tried porting in a 2019 car to get around that but haven't been successful with that yet

Is it possible to change the colour of the dots on the minimap and the HUD in the top left corner? So for example make the Renault colour black instead of the normal yellow?

Is it possible to rename and change helmet liveries in *2020_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\ folder? I mean switching an already obtained one with with a legendery that is unowned for example.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 506 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 311 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 333 45.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 164 22.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 198 26.8%
Back