F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic  temperature, grip, wear, strategy

Misc F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, first of all thank you for your mod and your efforts to improve this game, I just installed the mod v1.7, pl2 bahrain. I ran the race strategy program with medium tires and the temperatures were just 98-100 C, while with soft tires the temperatures were slightly lower around 95 C. In both cases the tire pressure was at a minimum. Is this thing normal? I also carried out an additional race strategy program, always with the same set of medium tires, finishing this second program with a wear of 80-85%, after having done about 14 laps (also considering the return laps). One thing I liked is that the medium tire despite being with 80% wear at the front and over 80% at the rear, the car was still drivable, obviously slower but drivable.

Hi, first of all thank you for your mod and your efforts to improve this game, I just installed the mod v1.7, pl2 bahrain. I ran the race strategy program with medium tires and the temperatures were just 98-100 C, while with soft tires the temperatures were slightly lower around 95 C. In both cases the tire pressure was at a minimum. Is this thing normal? I also carried out an additional race strategy program, always with the same set of medium tires, finishing this second program with a wear of 80-85%, after having done about 14 laps (also considering the return laps). One thing I liked is that the medium tire despite being with 80% wear at the front and over 80% at the rear, the car was still drivable, obviously slower but drivable.

Yes this is to be expected. The values used for the practice strategy programs cannot be changed (from what I can see) and so the mod will make it harder to complete. It should still be possible by running higher tyre pressures. This will reduce tyre wear. Running low pressure will make it harder

Thank you if you want to have a look. The strange thing is that safety car comes out, they pit, and at the end of the 1st safety car lap they did pit again for Inters even though they already did (they were the same cars). Everyone did so. Thanks!!

Just ran a 50% race at SPA with light rain in the middle. Everything worked ok even with a safety car in the rain section of the race. I would say you found one of Codemasters lovely bugs with the pit strategy ai

Last edited:
I forgot to write earlier that the race was set at 50%. Above I asked if the mod operation was right because I was expecting a higher soft tire temperature than the medium tires, instead as I said before the medium tire temperature was a bit higher. But the important thing is that it works correctly, the doubt was because I was not sure I had installed the mod correctly.

Last edited:
bottas.png

I think I have an issue... Bottas tops the timeboard with the Intermediates, it's Canada, MyTeam Season2, 95% AI.
Any suggestion on what's happening?

I cross checked all his laps, it seems that he put on Inters when it started to rain and got this lap, then as the circuit went wetter and wetter his laptimes stabilized around a solid 1:20, which are "normal" laptimes in Canada wet conditions. Also other AI drivers had the same behaviour, first 2/3 Inter laps in the range of 1:10-1:15, then 1:21

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1031992

View attachment 476253

I think I have an issue... Bottas tops the timeboard with the Intermediates, it's Canada, MyTeam Season2, 95% AI.

I cross checked all his laps, it seems that he put on Inters when it started to rain and got this lap, then as the circuit went wetter and wetter his laptimes stabilized around a solid 1:20, which are "normal" laptimes in Canada wet conditions. Also other AI drivers had the same behaviour, first 2/3 Inter laps in the range of 1:10-1:15, then 1:21
I always thought that only qualifying in 1 lap was something valid with these tires because the slightest second of a simulated lap distorts everything.

View attachment 476253

So it went dry -wet- very wet and this lap was set as it was going from dry to wet?

I apologize if this was asked before, but what happens if you run this mod together with SURFACE ONLY setting in F1 2020? Also, will this mod work with currently started Team Career modes?

I apologize if this was asked before, but what happens if you run this mod together with SURFACE ONLY setting in F1 2020? Also, will this mod work with currently started Team Career modes?

Wont fully work with surface only. The surfaces will act like before but wont pass the heat to the tyre so it wont give a full effect of how the mod works. But will still change grip and tyre life basic but the wear caused by heat wont effect the life of tyre, also wet weather will be changed but the overheating caused by a drying track wont have any effect

The mod works for any offline game mode, the mod file is loaded whenever you see the track loading screen

Last edited:
So it went dry -wet- very wet and this lap was set as it was going from dry to wet?
Yeah, the track was dry, then it started to rain and everyone put on the intermediates.
The AI set this lap (which is a normal lap for dry tyres in perfect dry conditions) with intermediates on, the track was still going from dry to wet.
As the rain continued to fall, obviously the track was becoming more and more wet, the laptimes recorded were increasing by a couple of seconds each lap, which is correct, but the starting point is awkward, 1.10 and then 1.12 with intermediates, in Canada, is waaay too fast

Last edited:
Ok thanks I will look into it. It sounds like the grip levels for the inters when brand new and on slightly wet track need to be reduced a small amount. The wear would have been high for Bottas so I would think he wouldn't have been able to do more than 1 or 2 laps at that pace had the weather not changed.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 194 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 124 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 132 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.4%
Back