F1 2020 Work-In-Progress Thread

Early WIP of the 2007 Spyker F1, not all the decals are in the right spot but I am trying to get it close as possible.
This is my first livery normal I do tracks for Assetto Corsa but I needed more challenge and I hope I don't "F" it up.

01.jpg

02.jpg

What you mean about that ?
For example the yellow and red lines, in the texture file, each side of the car is in a different place (besides it is inverted or rotated I would say), my problem is that I don't know how to duplicate the right side of the car in the left one so that it is symmetrical.

It's very frustrating because I have managed to make a design in the right side of the car (lines, paint, sponsors...) but I don't know how to pass it to the left if I do it manually (from 0) it looks really bad and asymmetric

Thanks for the answer you are the first! :D

For example the yellow and red lines, in the texture file, each side of the car is in a different place (besides it is inverted or rotated I would say), my problem is that I don't know how to duplicate the right side of the car in the left one so that it is symmetrical.

It's very frustrating because I have managed to make a design in the right side of the car (lines, paint, sponsors...) but I don't know how to pass it to the left if I do it manually (from 0) it looks really bad and asymmetric

Thanks for the answer you are the first! :D

For the nose is pretty easy, but on photoshop or any program you use to paint, you put each color on different layer. Do you see the UV map on the texture to paint ? If yes you figure out where to put everything on the right spot. You count how many triangle from the edge your line is on the first side, copy and paste, rotate or flip verticaly or horizontaly the new line and place the start of the line where was on the 1st side.

Like on this car, i did first the yellow line because this is the thing separate red and white, when the yellow line is properly place on each side, i paint the red on a layer bellow the yellow line, and the white bellow both layer

Like here, eache color are on different layer and sponsor on top of everything

req110.png

hi guys. i'm interested to comeback at Codemasters' F1 title (last time i tried the title was F1 2015 then disappointed about how little things could we make a change, i was actively made graphical change during F1 2013-2014 as those titles taught me everything).

after done many works for other titles (mainly AC), i think i will port my one or two skins i had done to F1 2020. but idk what livery should i start or get ported with. some of examples below for you to get a clue. lemme know what do you pick or maybe i'll start something new :

bbjb-694-jpg.386850

bbjb-717-jpg.386849

kkkkk-686-jpg.384222

kkkkk-688-jpg.384221

ben-488-jpg.313894

ben-489-jpg.313896

hi guys. i'm interested to comeback at Codemasters' F1 title (last time i tried the title was F1 2015 then disappointed about how little things could we make a change, i was actively made graphical change during F1 2013-2014 as those titles taught me everything).

after done many works for other titles (mainly AC), i think i will port my one or two skins i had done to F1 2020. but idk what livery should i start or get ported with. some of examples below for you to get a clue. lemme know what do you pick or maybe i'll start something new :

bbjb-694-jpg.386850

bbjb-717-jpg.386849

kkkkk-686-jpg.384222

kkkkk-688-jpg.384221

ben-488-jpg.313894

ben-489-jpg.313896
WELCOME!!!!
VW and Toyota, please...

Last edited:
Reactions: afb

bbjb-694-jpg.386850

bbjb-717-jpg.386849

kkkkk-686-jpg.384222

kkkkk-688-jpg.384221

ben-488-jpg.313894

ben-489-jpg.313896

I really like the Volkswagen livery out off this set, personally.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 433 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 270 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 289 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 27.1%
Back