F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Does anybody know if there is any modder or team working to edit the .dat or .bin files? There are some pretty glaring bugs in My Team which haven't been touched from the launch of last year's game and I'd really like to have a go at fixing them. If anybody could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it

Does anybody know if there is any modder or team working to edit the .dat or .bin files? There are some pretty glaring bugs in My Team which haven't been touched from the launch of last year's game and I'd really like to have a go at fixing them. If anybody could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it

Has anyone noticed all of their liveries end up blurry once put into the file. I’m using the latest version of EGO, and once I import a new skin, it looks super blurry in the viewer, and then super blurry in game. I’m using the jburon model and the exact same instruction with the intel dds as I did for F1 2020

Has anyone noticed all of their liveries end up blurry once put into the file. I’m using the latest version of EGO, and once I import a new skin, it looks super blurry in the viewer, and then super blurry in game. I’m using the jburon model and the exact same instruction with the intel dds as I did for F1 2020
"viewer" as in the 3d model in photoshop or in-game? if it's the latter it sounds like there's something wrong with your mipmaps

Hey guys what's up I hope you're all doing well and having a good time playing this game.

I have a question; if me and my friend have the exact same files, can we join a coop career mode with our custom helmets? That would of course mean I have to replace 2 different helmet files (one for me, one for him).
Thanks!

Hey guys what's up I hope you're all doing well and having a good time playing this game.

I have a question; if me and my friend have the exact same files, can we join a coop career mode with our custom helmets? That would of course mean I have to replace 2 different helmet files (one for me, one for him).
Thanks!
Yes you can race online or coop with custom helmets

Thanks!
Works, but you need both helmet of each other on your ERP... if you only have your helmet in your game, you wont see hes helmet.

How can the settings for the trees be changed? Now they are changing really close to the car. I would be happy on lod 1 and not change to lod 0 at all. I've looked at everything I can think of with ego erp, just can't figure it out. If it's tedious I don't mind, but the gfx is awful. Looks nice in stills but horrible to play.

How can the settings for the trees be changed? Now they are changing really close to the car. I would be happy on lod 1 and not change to lod 0 at all. I've looked at everything I can think of with ego erp, just can't figure it out. If it's tedious I don't mind, but the gfx is awful. Looks nice in stills but horrible to play.
more chance in the modding section dude....

Hello,

I try to find the texture livery of the Shadow car inside cars ERP files, but i didn't find it.
I use 4 others today (jackson, deluxe, akkerman, butler) without any issues, however, i would like to try to use the shadow which seen to have the "same" properties (no possibility to modify it in-game) perhaps for modding. But i still search ... :confused:
If you have any idea ...

Capture3.PNG

I got a problem with adding custom gloves, helmet, suit and boots its just not loading into the games the car livery worked out great but i cant add these things can pls sb help me?

Hello,

I try to find the texture livery of the Shadow car inside cars ERP files, but i didn't find it.
I use 4 others today (jackson, deluxe, akkerman, butler) without any issues, however, i would like to try to use the shadow which seen to have the "same" properties (no possibility to modify it in-game) perhaps for modding. But i still search ... :confused:
If you have any idea ...

View attachment 491649
i think this car use the livery_epic_05_d texture which is a carbon texture only. I don't think we can use it for personal livery.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 90 90.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 33.3%