Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Well, that didn't go too well, crashed in qualifying and couldn't get a lap together, then on the grid the ERS got stuck in overtake and wouldn't disable, car was literally undriveable from turn 1 onwards so had to park it, was impossible to race.

Every single year, Codemasters always have to create some sort of bugs don't they...
Had this a few times in 5 lappers - not sure if it's something that can be avoided or if it's just totally random but it is completely game breaking when it happens. Hopefully they'll fix it soon

Had this a few times in 5 lappers - not sure if it's something that can be avoided or if it's just totally random but it is completely game breaking when it happens. Hopefully they'll fix it soon

I think it's random, think about how many race ending bugs CM have had over the years even since F1 2010. You'd think finally after 10 years they could sort them out, clearly not.

By the way, I literally know nothing about setups with the latest F1 games or the difference between time trial and qualifying speeds,

How come you guys were able to replicate your TT times in quali, is that normal in the last few years of F1 games? I thought TT and quali usually had a discrepancy of 1-2 seconds.

I done a 26.0 in TT with some pace in hand but I had absolutely nowhere near the same amount of grip, I think I done a 27.4 on my first attempt.

I think it's random, think about how many race ending bugs CM have had over the years even since F1 2010. You'd think finally after 10 years they could sort them out, clearly not.

By the way, I literally know nothing about setups with the latest F1 games or the difference between time trial and qualifying speeds,

How come you guys were able to replicate your TT times in quali, is that normal in the last few years of F1 games? I thought TT and quali usually had a discrepancy of 1-2 seconds.

I done a 26.0 in TT with some pace in hand but I had absolutely nowhere near the same amount of grip, I think I done a 27.4 on my first attempt.
I think it has to do with engine fuel mapping and ERS modes. Online you can run on 'maximum' fuel mode in qualifying whilst TT is just 'Rich' if I am not mistaken. Since F1 2019 online has come quite close to TT times. I find the cars handling nicer online, they're are a little more planted, although theoretically slower compared to TT due to the tyre wear.

I think it has to do with engine fuel mapping and ERS modes. Online you can run on 'maximum' fuel mode in qualifying whilst TT is just 'Rich' if I am not mistaken. Since F1 2019 online has come quite close to TT times. I find the cars handling nicer online, they're are a little more planted, although theoretically slower compared to TT due to the tyre wear.

Really, that's incredible, usually on CM F1 games there is a 2 second difference,

I wonder if it's a mental thing aswell since in my head I thought online would be a lot slower, so because it was in my head, hence I wasn't driving the car and pushing it as hard as I should have been.

image.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282
Backup Host: TBC

S12 Pole: Sean van Belkom (1:21.106)

S12 Podium:
Paris Burrell
2. Sean van Belkom
3. Connor Mcdonagh

S12 Fastest Lap: Jake Taylor (1:25.287)

Pre Race Questions:
1. What are your expectations for this coming season at Race Department?
2. How are you finding F1 2020 so far?
3. Who do you think will be the Drivers and Constrcutors Champions this season?
4. Which track(s) would you like to see added to IRL F1 calendar this season?

Notified Absences:
- Mitchell Haverlag (Red Bull) - Cian will reserve

Reserves:
- Cian Geraghty
- Sjors van de Brug
- Javier Nervo

Last edited:
Last edited:
1. its a lot more competetive up to so my consitency hopefully comes in Hand, but winning a race after failing to do so last season is my main target

2. a lot better then 2019, SC&VSC are working, the netcode is alright and the Hadling is lightyears better then F1 2019. Still far from ideal, but i do not want to kill myself playing the game, which is an improvement to last year

3. top 10 looks close on pace, so consistency wise i think Connor should look good. If Ben can reducde the damage in the first half of the season, he might have a shout aswell. Pace wise i think Michael has a slight edge atm

4. with Mugello, Portimao, Nürburgring and Imola on the cars, i think Sepang in the Asian spell would be a good shout.

Last edited:
Yes it is back. The Predictor Game is here for another year! Can anyone topple Ben who regained the title last season.

I'm sticking with the same system as last season as that seemed to work relatively well.

The points system is as follows:
Correct Race Winner: 5 Points
Correct Finishing Position (except Race Winner): 3 Points
+/-1 Position: 1 Point
Correct Pole Position: 4 Points
Correct Fastest Lap: 2 Points
Correct Positions Gained: 1 Point
Correct First DNF: 1 Point

+/-1 position means that if you predict a driver to finish 2nd but they actually finish 1st or 3rd you receive 1 point.
I will be counting disconnects as DNF's assuming it happens once the race has started (after the formation lap) and that they don't get back in control of their car if they return to the lobby.
Fastest Lap points will count even if the driver who gets it isn't in the top 10.
If you fill the form more than once I will be counting the last one that has been sent.

Form for Predictions

Hall of Fame:
S10
- Ben Goldie
S11 - Martijn Boontje
S12 - Ben Goldie

Last edited:
1. Don't really fancy a title fight as S11 really took it out of me :roflmao: my teammate likes a consistent No.2 driver to compliment his immense pace and terrible ability to put a clean race together so my aim is to be as reliable and consistent as possible.

2. Enjoying it a lot more than the previous two games - especially in the low speed corners. Tyre wear seems to be affecting my pace throughout a stint more than others so something I need to work on.

3. Very difficult to call - Connor, Alex, Clarky and Mitchell all have a good balance of pace and consistency. Connor & Dawid a good shout for the constructors.

4. Don't really care to be honest but if Knockhill isn't on there we riot.

1. Oh I dunno.... couple of points at least?

2. I am PROPERLY enjoying it. The cars actually feel like they have grip and downforce... and I feel like my style of driving is suited to how the cars drive.
Of course, my driving style is likely wrong, but I don't care lol

3. WDC... anyone out of Mitchell, Connor, Will, Dawid, Alex, Ollie and Clarky. Bit of a lottery.
WCC... I'd say Renault is the strongest team, but Haas might have a shout.

4. If F1 can get to Asia, then Sepang is the only one I really want.
Away from that...Kyalami is one track I think would produce a good race.

Pre Race Questions:
1. What are your expectations for this coming season at Race Department?:
To finish races in the points and snatch a few podiums if I can get myself up to speed.

2. How are you finding F1 2020 so far?:
Struggling to adapt to online to be honest, and I have no idea how the setups work since I haven't raced online since F1 2017.

3. Who do you think will be the Drivers and Constrcutors Champions this season?:
Alex will be drivers champion, if I was up to my front running speed I would say me and him would be constructors champions but there's no way he can rely on me at moment, I'm just too slow and inconsistent.

4. Which track(s) would you like to see added to IRL F1 calendar this season?:
Would love to see Turkey back.

1. Combination of the game and roster should make it a really enjoyable experience. I'm here for my love of casual racing in a good environment, and it still remains unchallenged RD in that aspect.

Personally I'm unsure of my own expectations. I think I have the potential to be the fastest here and win a lot of races, but I'm probably going to start the season rustier than most and have my usual slump searching for consistency.

If I'm in the hunt after the first three rounds I'd expect myself to be in the fight come the end.

2. Love F1 2020. Very refreshing. It's just very fun which is exactly what I'm looking for from it. Think pace wise I'm relatively similar to where we left off on the last one.

3. Drivers... genuinely could see any of 5 doing it. Connor/Alex/Michael are the safe bets to be in the fight. I could definitely see Josh and Mithell being there too. I'll be somewhere in the top 5/6 with Dawid, just always a doubt we can put the whole season together to go for a title challenge. Connor/Michael the favourites I think I'll settle on.

Constructors... would be amazed if it's not one of Renault/Haas. One of them isn't ran by Cyril so should be an easy dub.

4. Malaysia/Kyalami/Yeongham/Buddh

1. What are your expectations for this coming season at Race Department?
I'm gassed for the new season know what it is innit. On a serious note I don't have any expectations, just want to have some fun racing with familiar and new faces :)
2. How are you finding F1 2020 so far? The most fun so far from the F1 games we've had, only issue is the lack of slipstream which can cause DRS trains but we'll see as the season goes on.
3. Who do you think will be the Drivers and Constrcutors Champions this season?
Drivers - any of Clarky, Alex, watch out for man like Connor BADBOY, Shellay (d*** donut), Ben, Mitchell, Ollie and Dan (depends how many late SC's he gets and how many drivers he jump on penalties:O_o:)
Constructors - Renault/Haas,
4. Which track(s) would you like to see added to IRL F1 calendar this season? Nurburgring (F2 with tyre deg would be amazing), Malaysia and Korea (if we're having Mugello we might as well have it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 250 34.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 197 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 138 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%