F1 22 F1 22 VR Gameplay

F1 22 the official Formula 1 Game
Actually I noticed a big difference in overall picture clarity by switching from FSR 1.0 to Fidelity FX for the Anti Allising setting. You might give it a try. Your system should be capable of doing it :)

The graphics are definitely comparable to AMS 2 on my system. Maybe not in the far distance but tbh while driving I am so immersed, I dont notice it.
Yeah, actually I just tried and there is a difference… no issues with framerate. The problem is that I can’t last more than 10/15 minutes, since it always crashes. Always.
Anyway, thank you for your advice ;D

Last edited:
I hope this helps anyone who is having a bad experience -For me this has made a world of difference-
Today I ran into something from HamVR 's video on F122 Vr Settings on youtube. I found that going into the harware_settings_config_VR.xml file and setting "antialiasing taa" to false made a world of difference for me with visual and more so performance. Keep in mind that I am one that prefers a more jaggy image vs a blurry/overly softened image (if i have to choose) but making this change made a positive change for me. Also, I turned off Motion smoothing in the Steam VR settings from another youtube suggestion. I am running a 2080Ti and performance is oddly great now. I was able to turn up a few settings to High and ultra while boosting steamvr resolution to about 180% and there still seems to be some head room in there... Bizzare as to why Codemasters didnt make an AA option of 'Off'. I also run at 80hz on the index

Last edited:
I have about 2 hours of game play so far. I did a 50% race at Bahrain and I personally thought it was great. I am running an AMD 3800x / 3080ti / Reverb G2 / Fanatec DD1. I have done some time trial and practice so far but everything has been running great for me. I tweaked my setting to mostly medium and high. Turned down the ray tracing effects as that tanks fps. Next I am going to try switching to TAA as I read that can improve draw distance clarity. It seems FSR may be causing some distant blurring.
Same here, I'm loving it , have already spent more time in this F1 edition than any other. same hardware as you except intel 7 12700 run reverb at 90hz

Same here, I'm loving it , have already spent more time in this F1 edition than any other. same hardware as you except intel 7 12700 run reverb at 90hz
Glad to hear you are also enjoying it as well. I have found a sweet spot using TAA and sharpening where I am quite happy with the visuals. I enjoy many of the other various vr titles but they almost all lack some sort of progression system which is where the F1 series really shines. Happy racing!

My settings:

Steam VR SS 200%
Motion smoothing off
World scale 85%
Valve Index@80hz

Latest Nvidia-driver

Ingame
VR Average settings
Video Settings: AA 16, TAA with AMD FRS
Windowed

Gear
2080ti OC
i9990@5Ghz

I get between 70 and 80 FPS depending on the track and the number of cars around. It doesn't look as sharp as AC with CSP, needless to say nowhere near iRacing@VR, but F1 22 has a lot of World details and the VR adaption works better for me than expected.
I used this conf with Quest 2 @80hz and I get between 70 and 80 FPS too.

I have rtx2080ti OC with Ryzen 9 3900x

Last edited:
I must say I'm having a blast playing this , my PC spec :-

i9-10900K
32 gb ram
RTX 2080

Vr settings :-
Steam VR SS 100%
Motion smoothing on
World scale 90%
Valve Index@80hz

Latest Nvidia-driver

Game settings :-

Fx settings.jpg

Fx settings_1.jpg

Valve Index @ 80hz and I'm getting between 70 and 80 FPS mostly 80hz
and it's looking good :)

I must say I'm having a blast playing this , my PC spec :-

i9-10900K
32 gb ram
RTX 2080

Vr settings :-
Steam VR SS 100%
Motion smoothing on
World scale 90%
Valve Index@80hz

Latest Nvidia-driver

Game settings :-

View attachment 581920

View attachment 581916
Valve Index @ 80hz and I'm getting between 70 and 80 FPS mostly 80hz
and it's looking good :)
Thank you for posting these settings , Interesting , with those settings I'm getting worse performance with a 3080 TUF and a i7 12700 , HPreverbG2@90hz and left steam vr World scale at 100% So it would be interesting to see your Nvidea control panel settings. Can you post an image please?

Last edited:
Thank you for posting these settings , Interesting , with those settings I'm getting worse performance with a 3080 TUF and a i7 12700 , HPreverbG2@90hz and left steam vr World scale at 100% So it would be interesting to see your Nvidea control panel settings. Can you post an image please?
Don't forget the Reverb G2 runs at a much higher resolution than a valve index

Crazy how VR makes all the difference, F1 wouldn't get a looking even at half price before VR.

Now am actually really enjoying the game more than expected.

@Wolf WolfZ Am using a Reverb G2 but with a 3070TI i5 12600k and using SS@70% medium to low settings. and getting avg 88-90fps.

For the reverb one would need a next-gen 4xxx GPU to run it at high or ultra...

Hoping the Devs come with some optimization on an update or someone brings OpenXR mod

Hope you don't mind me joining in. After many crashes in VR i tried after testing that running vr on ultra high but the ground cover down to just high, all crashing issues ceased. I9 10850k rtx 3080 16gb ram.
May i ask HP Reverb2 owners, how is the sde ? Minimal to none and quite clear ? I use a rift s and it's fairly good but thinking of upgrading my vr hmd

Last edited:
Hi, Feedback on F1 2022 in VR

I am using a PIMAX 8kx and Wow it is amazing, it took me a day or two to tweak and optimize but once done it is amazing!! Visually not quite as clear as Asseto Corsa, Auto Mobilista, Raceroom etc.. But the career mode is much better than any other game and the immersion feels more like you are racing a real F1 championship with crowds pitstops etc...

I am running a Nvidia 380 RTX with 11 gen core i5 cpu.

I set my Pitool resloution to 0.75% and the important thing for VR is to set AA to TAA with Fidelity FX sharpening on.

I leave all the other VR settings to OFF namely PP, Motion smooth, FFR, etc...

Further lower your graphics settings to medium or low, as there is currently a bug causing the game to crash if you set the settings on Ultra or Very High. I tried all the hundreds options to stop it from crashing with no luck, I did not want to lower the graphics as my system can easily handle it, but decided as a last option to try it and I have been playing for more than 12 ours with no crash. Forget all the other settings just lower your in game graphics settings to prevent a crash.

Hope you don't mind me joining in. After many crashes in VR i tried after testing that running vr on ultra high but the ground cover down to just high, all crashing issues ceased. I9 10850k rtx 3080 16gb ram.
May i ask HP Reverb2 owners, how is the sde ? Minimal to none and quite clear ? I use a rift s and it's fairly good but thinking of upgrading my vr hmd
I used a cv1 before upgrading to the reverb g2 when it was released. They are world's apart, sde is indeed minimal, the g2 is a great sim racing headset. You won't be able to run it at 100 percent resolution, I am using 80 percent and low to medium settings with 9700k OC, and 3090 tuf gaming. I have just used ams 2 for the first time since getting g the 3090. That runs at 100 resolution now. And looks incredible.

Am using an I5 12600K, 3070ti with a Reverb G2 and ended up turning down the resolution to 55% and medium and low settings. it's much more stable and playable but soon as i go to AC, iracing, or AMS2 it looks like am in 4k

Hi, All

To get a significant FPS boost I have set the following:
Shadows to -- Ultra low
Car and helmet reflections -- Ultra low
Ambient Occlusion to --- off.

The other settings I have set to high without any crashes thus far. See attached the picture for the perf cost for each setting.

In VR settings
God rays -- off
Motion blur -- off
Stencil mesh -- off

Some people said that stencil mesh can cause crashes.

Attachments

• Perf settings.jpg
    Perf settings.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 153

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 33.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 19 15.8%