There you go again.

First, it's 1 point, not 2. Second, race setup is different from qualy setup, you can not compare those times. There was no way Ferrari was gaining more than 1.5s a lap with Soft. Third, the risk involved was arguably too high, we couldn't know for sure. Fuel plan, calculated risk of failure at the extra pit, hitting lapped cars traffic again etc. No, the team order to stay put was the wise choice.
I agree that not taking the risk was correct but the 2 points comes from the fact that VB would lose the 1 point he got and Ferrari would Gain the point instead.... So, net difference.. 2 points :)

I agree that not taking the risk was correct but the 2 points comes from the fact that VB would lose the 1 point he got and Ferrari would Gain the point instead.... So, net difference.. 2 points :)

True, I thought he ment each Ferrari driver would get 1p each. My mistake

Fascinating race for me. I enjoyed the middle pack battles too. Not sure what happened to Lando, one minute he was a couple seconds adrift and then he just dropped right off. Some 30 secs?? Behind. Shame about Danny rics race, I was hoping for better things for him, I was hoping the Renault would perform but it looks like its a middle order car at best.

Fascinating race for me. I enjoyed the middle pack battles too. Not sure what happened to Lando, one minute he was a couple seconds adrift and then he just dropped right off. Some 30 secs?? Behind. Shame about Danny rics race, I was hoping for better things for him, I was hoping the Renault would perform but it looks like its a middle order car at best.
Giovinazzi train

race setup is different from qualy setup, you can not compare those times.

Cars can't change setup between qualy and race, they are allowed only minor wing adjustments (source: https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/Parc_Ferme.html)

There was no way Ferrari was gaining more than 1.5s a lap with Soft.

Vettel was doing 1.28.X with his old medium tyres, while his qualifying time was 1.21.1 with soft. I don't see why he wouldn't gain more than 1.5s. They said he had a problem on his car, maybe thats true, but he was also strugling on tyres due too poor strategy, while Leclerc had newer and harder tyres.

Third, the risk involved was arguably too high, we couldn't know for sure. Fuel plan, calculated risk of failure at the extra pit, hitting lapped cars traffic again etc. No, the team order to stay put was the wise choice

I agree there is some risk with fuel plan and failure at pit and lapped cars etc, maybe it was the wiser choice indeed, but there is also a risk in keeping the guy in the track struggling with old tyres, he can spin, or even the tyres can blow up. And the mecanics wouldn't need to rush during the pit.

In fact, in 2018 and 2017, some cars did this type of extra pit in the end of races to avoid this risk of spinning or blowing the old tyres (even without this extra point), and they used to gain 3, 4, even 5 seconds when returned to race.

One example i remember now is hamilton in 2018 USA race, 19 laps to go, Hamilton was on a 26 lapped soft tyres (the hardest coumpound of that race) doing 1.41.89 and changed to a new set of soft tyres (the same compound), his next 8 laps were around 1.37.XX.

Last edited:
I find it fun and amusing that Lewis did not win that. So? Honestly, the last few years in AU it was good since Vettel and others managed to do something to disrupt the positions in front. If that doesn't float your boat, you know you can always look elsewhere. I heard the saltier the water, the more buoyant objects are on it.

I think you're conflating an unexpected result with a good race. And the result isn't even that surprising as Bottas was on the podium much of last year. I watch F1 because, well it kind of resembles racing and I'm interested in racing. But it is some of the worst racing in the world.

Reactions: NDG
I think you're conflating an unexpected result with a good race. And the result isn't even that surprising as Bottas was on the podium much of last year. I watch F1 because, well it kind of resembles racing and I'm interested in racing. But it is some of the worst racing in the world.

I guess I should be happier that I finished and enjoyed my breakfast before someone attempts to spit on it! LOL :roflmao:

It's the first race of the season. Like breakfast on a Monday, you know. It's a long week and I'm sure there will be boring meals ahead. All I'm looking forward to is the weekend. And I wish it's a long enjoyable weekend. Though I will not turn down any late dinners in the middle of the week. I hope you enjoy your week mate! See u later at lunch! :thumbsup:

I guess I should be happier that I finished and enjoyed my breakfast before someone attempts to spit on it! LOL :roflmao:

It's the first race of the season. Like breakfast on a Monday, you know. It's a long week and I'm sure there will be boring meals ahead. All I'm looking forward to is the weekend. And I wish it's a long enjoyable weekend. Though I will not turn down any late dinners in the middle of the week. I hope you enjoy your week mate! See u later at lunch! :thumbsup:
I think I understand what you were trying to say. I'm not trying to spit in anyone's cereal. I was just stating my own opinion. No one can objectively say that F1 is or isn't good racing. If you enjoy it, terrific!

Reactions: NDG

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • No 3pa registration pages