F1 Failures and Puncture Mod

Misc F1 Failures and Puncture Mod 5.3 with new Experimental Version

Login or Register an account to download this content
So, you must not test the wall for hitting tyres ... why I did not think of it. My tyres go pow instant against a wall, no matter the spline or resistance BUT, if I change the values to default
Code:
      <DebrisPunctureMinSpeed value="14.0" />
      <DebrisPunctureMaxSpeed value="77.0" />
      <DebrisPunctureProbabilityAtMinSpeed value="0.02" />
      <DebrisPunctureProbabilityAtMaxSpeed value="0.2" />
      <DebrisPunctureInvulnerabilityPeriod value="1.0" />]/code]
The tyre no more goes instant death against a wall ... I did not test each line, just wanted to see what has an impact - and no other line had any impact at all. None.

<DebrisPunctureInvulnerabilityPeriod value="1.0" />]/code]

This line controls how long before debris becomes live in game. Default is 1 second so if you crash into barrier and break front wing and run over it then it won't give puncture. Set to 0 as soon as it appears it can cause damage. Setting to 0 means if you put a tyre against ai front wing it will give you puncture. Or crash into the rear wing you get puncture. My opinion it must be set to 0 for realism

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 408599

Very interesting everything you have been discussing. I think the consumption in "Lean" and in "Standard" could be better adjusted. In "Lean" and in "Standard" the consumption is too low I think...:

<FuelBurnScaleLean value="0.7" />
<FuelBurnScaleStandard value="1.0" />
<FuelBurnScaleRich value="1.4" />
<FuelBurnScaleMax value="1.3" />

<FuelBurnScaleLean value="0.8" />
<FuelBurnScaleStandard value="1.1" />
<FuelBurnScaleRich value="1.3" />
<FuelBurnScaleMax value="1.4" />

I have also changed these values of the F2 2019 ( consume too little ) :

<FuelECU>
<FuelBurnScaleLean value="1.1" />
<FuelBurnScaleStandard value="1.1" />
<FuelBurnScaleRich value="1.1" />
<FuelBurnScaleMax value="1.1" />
<FuelPowerScaleLean value="0.94" />
<FuelPowerScaleStandard value="1.000000" />
<FuelPowerScaleRich value="1.1" />
<FuelPowerScaleMax value="1.5" />

Those of a F1 2020 would be like this ( without touching anything):

<FuelPowerScaleLean value="0.96" />
<FuelPowerScaleStandard value="1.000000" />
<FuelPowerScaleRich value="1.03" />
<FuelPowerScaleMax value="1.07" />

For something in fuel tank is 125 liters in the F2 ( and will not be low consumption). Try it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting, Arturo Pardos!

I decided that the only modification I made on version 5.3 is about the rich fuel consumption which I reverted back to the original. I did so because the AI usually runs setups with lower downforce than me, as per the words of the F1 Codemasters car handling designer David Greco. So being able to rely in rich mix as usual in terms of consumption is essential to my races to compensate the fact that the AI is always faster than me on the straight (except when I run lower wings myself such as in Monza, Spa or Russia). But using rich mix still makes the engine overheat more than the original game so it makes it more of a challenge.

I still cannot figure out if and when brakes are supposed to fade or fail because until now I finished all my races without issues. I run with no braking assists and no ABS.

Not really related to this 5.3 mod but as I use it combined with the realistic damage mod I am testing some values modifications that may make the game more relaxing and less flashback dependant: I kept the speedthreshold for the suspension damage at 2.5 but instead of having the front and rear detach scale at 1.0 I will revert them back to the original 0.01 and 0.001 and check what happens...

• Deleted member 408599

I decided that the only modification I made on version 5.3 is about the rich fuel consumption which I reverted back to the original. I did so because the AI usually runs setups with lower downforce than me, as per the words of the F1 Codemasters car handling designer David Greco. So being able to rely in rich mix as usual in terms of consumption is essential to my races to compensate the fact that the AI is always faster than me on the straight (except when I run lower wings myself such as in Monza, Spa or Russia). But using rich mix still makes the engine overheat more than the original game so it makes it more of a challenge.

I still cannot figure out if and when brakes are supposed to fade or fail because until now I finished all my races without issues. I run with no braking assists and no ABS.

Not really related to this 5.3 mod but as I use it combined with the realistic damage mod I am testing some values modifications that may make the game more relaxing and less flashback dependant: I kept the speedthreshold for the suspension damage at 2.5 but instead of having the front and rear detach scale at 1.0 I will revert them back to the original 0.01 and 0.001 and check what happens...
No existe daño de motor en F2 ( altere la temperatura y puse el motor a 287º y no se rompió). No se si en los F1 2020 si... En los frenos creo que no hay daños en ninguna categoría :(. Con la mezcla en "0.8" y "1.1" las carreras son maravillosas. Tienes que dosificar la carga de gasolina muy bien, según la cantidad de combustible con la que salgas.

There is no engine damage in F2 ( alter the temperature and I put the engine to 287º and did not break). I do not know if in the F1 2020 if... On the brakes I think there is no damage in any category ::(. With the mix in "0.8" and "1.1" the races are wonderful. You have to dose the gas load very well, according to the amount of fuel you leave.

The Andy Tire Temperature Mod, I adapted it to the 19/20 F2 and it works very well. It also works well in the other classic cars. In the original game, the temperature was barely dropping... But with Andy’s mod, it’s very realistic and you have to keep the tires warm.

EnriqueBanderas, ¿hablas español?

Saludos!!!

The brake failure part I am testing now. Problem is I can get failures to work but it's very simple. Ie reach x% of wear and suffer y% of performance loss. So how do you do it in a way that you dont always failure to finish on certain tracks ????
Also there is no script for it, so you press brake nothing happens and you hit a wall and crash. Then think....so what happened there??

Last edited:
hope the Gearissue is fixed with 5,3 i started mycareer 3times this week had 2 gearissues at the last 7 rounds on 50% mod is awesome the only issue i had is the gearissue i will the try the new 5.3

• Deleted member 408599

The experimental version may take a few versions to get right, testing long term percentages is tricky. Use the normal version for important career races :)
Hi, I’m having some weird problems... In the file "tyrecompounds", I am putting to test the "<WearRate value="0.82" />" and does not change the wear... I put "0.82" on all the tires: WETF, HSOR, USOF... but nothing. It doesn’t matter what wear rate you put... it doesn’t vary the wear. Could you tell me what happens, and why it does not apply? Greetings!!!

Hi, I’m having some weird problems... In the file "tyrecompounds", I am putting to test the "<WearRate value="0.82" />" and does not change the wear... I put "0.82" on all the tires: WETF, HSOR, USOF... but nothing. It doesn’t matter what wear rate you put... it doesn’t vary the wear. Could you tell me what happens, and why it does not apply? Greetings!!!

Is this from the tyre temp mod?

• Deleted member 408599

Is this from the tyre temp mod?
Excuse me... no. his mod works perfectly. It is the default file "tyrecompounds" that does nothing ( good, actually with no file "tyrecompounds"). Wear of "0.82" or any other value is not applied... Strange.

Excuse me... no. his mod works perfectly. It is the default file "tyrecompounds" that does nothing ( good, actually with no file "tyrecompounds"). Wear of "0.82" or any other value is not applied... Strange.

That's my mod too .

Are you changing the wear rate for all compound types. Hard is not the same on all tracks. Check you are changing the correct compound. C1 C2 etc

• Deleted member 408599

That's my mod too .

Are you changing the wear rate for all compound types. Hard is not the same on all tracks. Check you are changing the correct compound. C1 C2 etc
I put in all the compounds "<WearRate value =" 0.82 "/>" and nothing varies the wear... Before 1.17, if the wear varies. No longer changes. If you put it at "0.82" it should have been spent almost immediately... There are no changes... no matter if I put "0.40" than "0.80" (. I identify compounds in the XML file by names... WETF= Rain, HSOF= Soft... Greetings!!!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 23 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.6%