F1 Failures and Puncture Mod

Misc F1 Failures and Puncture Mod 5.3 with new Experimental Version

Login or Register an account to download this content
My feedback on 5.3 version: like how it makes the game more difficult. Now overheating is really an issue especially when following the cars in front. You cannot just spam the rich fuel mix as it also has an increased consumption rate compared to normal game mode.

Using a realistic damage mod version I had to tweak the debris puncture probability and invulnerability time just a bit, so I don't always have instant punctures as there are many debris in my custom version.

I do not have feedback concerning how brakes can fade as I am usually smooth and not hard with braking, what I see is that the temperature gets higher than usual but I could not perceive if my braking was fading during the race or at the end of it.

I still have to try the experimental gearbox failure as I have to tweak the files to my need first.

Note: I use this mod combined with realistic damage mod, tyre temp mod, improved dirty air mod (tweaked)

ok thanks, I will try as suggested
I tried and now the damage sensibility seems to be back to the right one.

Many thanks for your improvements. The mod is really enjoyable.

As reported by the user EnriqueBanderas this is the perfect merge: realistic damage mod, tyre temp mod, improved dirty air mod.

I'm not so expert feeling all the changes apported by the mod during my plays but is clear that these mods give us more challenging races and a bigger range of possible situations during the races.

I totally agree with EnriqueBanderas, the parameters of "realistic damage mod" need to be changed, otherwise the game is too challenging for me :D.

I feel 0.85 and 0.83 for the "improved dirty air mod" is just a perfect combination!

My feedback on 5.3 version: like how it makes the game more difficult. Now overheating is really an issue especially when following the cars in front. You cannot just spam the rich fuel mix as it also has an increased consumption rate compared to normal game mode.

Using a realistic damage mod version I had to tweak the debris puncture probability and invulnerability time just a bit, so I don't always have instant punctures as there are many debris in my custom version.

I do not have feedback concerning how brakes can fade as I am usually smooth and not hard with braking, what I see is that the temperature gets higher than usual but I could not perceive if my braking was fading during the race or at the end of it.

I still have to try the experimental gearbox failure as I have to tweak the files to my need first.

Note: I use this mod combined with realistic damage mod, tyre temp mod, improved dirty air mod (tweaked)

Great to hear :)

The overheating and fuel burn feedback is what I was aiming for so glad to hear that's working ok.

Sounds like you have made a mega mod, maybe you should release that :)

How do you find the tyre temp mod? I am happy with that at the moment and so not really made any changes for a while now

I tried and now the damage sensibility seems to be back to the right one.

Many thanks for your improvements. The mod is really enjoyable.

As reported by the user EnriqueBanderas this is the perfect merge: realistic damage mod, tyre temp mod, improved dirty air mod.

I'm not so expert feeling all the changes apported by the mod during my plays but is clear that these mods give us more challenging races and a bigger range of possible situations during the races.

I totally agree with EnriqueBanderas, the parameters of "realistic damage mod" need to be changed, otherwise the game is too challenging for me :D.

I feel 0.85 and 0.83 for the "improved dirty air mod" is just a perfect combination!

Good to hear v5.3 fixed the sensitivity and working better for you now

You run the same mods as Enrique, I wonder if thats a common setup now? How are you finding the tyre temp mod?

Last edited:
Yes we are comparing our mods setup trying to find the best possible experience.

About the Tyre temp mod, in my opinion it's absolute perfect. My only question about it is if it affects also the AI, because for example if in a race I don't do the warm lap before to start, when I start the race I have obviously a temperature issue with my tires that AI cars seems to don't have. But believe me, I'm not sure, maybe also a my personal issue with the starts. For this reasons I'm asking to you this question.

But anyway, great mod, I love it.

Thats great

It definitely effects ai as in my testing if I put grip and tyres to overload they would pit every lap.
Race starts I am on 90 difficulty and with fuel to rich and overtake on I can gain 1 or 2 places at start. This is with gamepad and really smooth apply of throttle

Great to hear :)

The overheating and fuel burn feedback is what I was aiming for so glad to hear that's working ok.

Sounds like you have made a mega mod, maybe you should release that :)

How do you find the tyre temp mod? I am happy with that at the moment and so not really made any changes for a while now

Disclaimer, sorry for the long message but I think it may be interesting!

Hi Andy! Thank you for the huge work. I think that I like the overheating, as I am a very attentive driver in the normal game this was never an issue to me and never went over the 124° celsius. With this 5.3 version I have to be even more careful and I like it!

What I like less in the new version is the fuel consumption rate because I was used to the previous versions and regular game ones and my driving style relies a lot on changing fuel mix at every turn almost, (straight in rich, turn in and apex in lean, exit in lean or standard until i have traction, standard or rich after the turn is done) therefore I usually load less fuel in the car because I know when to count on the rich mix (I am not a driver that thinks about it in sectors or race phases but is more micromanaging for me).

The new increased consumption values made it a little bit problematic to me being used to the old fuel loads so I think I will also tweak it a little, maybe a 0,1 or 0,2 less because it is right that rich mix should have a higher consumption rate compared to standard, instead in the regular game lean is on 0,7 which means that only in lean you really save fuel and standard and rich are equally at 1, which is misleading from the game as I always though that rich should be more consuming, and in this matter your mod is good. I think that rich should be for me at 1.1 or 1.2 for my taste, but this is only a personal taste and force of habit, I think your mod nails it really well! And out of laziness instead of tweaking it could always put more fuel load in my car ahah.

Yes me and Nico are starting to compare our mods so some testing should take place for now on! I never considered releasing my tweaked mods as I am fairly new to this thing but if I receive some sort of feedback or people who want to try we may release a super duper combo mod together of course crediting all the original creators. I don't think that merging mod is a common practice, at least I don't know, I just didn't like how stale the original game became to me and I wanted it to became fresh again so I chose what I did like and merged everything to create my perfect game.

Concerning the tyre temp mode I am more satisfied compared to the normal game because it is true that it brings more strategies to the table from the A.I. as well and makes driving in the wet more enjoyable. But I tried only last version, I see in the updates that you released a lot of versions with different features but I did stick on last version as it should be the most accurate and better than the others?

One thing I noticed is that many times especially with the hard compounds in tracks like Bahrain and Silverstione the A.I. is way faster than me, I am talking about 0.5-1 sec per lap when we both use new hards, I am driving the Racing Point and after the performance patch in October a Ferrari shouldn't have this much more pace compared to mine (I play at level 101 to 108 circuit sensitive as the AI is not really consistent in terms of skill per circuit, Bahrain my right level is 101 and Silverstone 103).
I like the fact that you start with somewhat cold tyres at the start and after going out the pits, and I cannot be sure but I think this affects also the AI because they make more mistakes.

I also like the fact that if you decide for a one stop strategy you will have way more tyre wear compared to the original game. I usually play 50% races. I still have to figure out the new strategies and when 2 stops are better than 1, as I like to simulate free practice for the sake of time.

One thing I noticed and that should be modified in my opinion: in the real game safety car is an issue as your tyres become very cold even in softer compounds, but IN THE MOD (edited because I forgot to mention it better) I witnessed this only with hards, It was easier to keep mediums and softs up to temperature.

For any question please ask!
Enrico

Last edited:
@ParkYongLee I saw your works about the OSD of the previous F1 game versions. I have a little question for the 2020 game.

Do you think is possible to increase the number of drivers in the standing list on the left side of the screen? I mean, it would be fantastic if I can see all the 20 positions, both during qualify and race.

Is it possible?

Sorry if I'm probably out of topic with this question.

1617272396347.png

Disclaimer, sorry for the long message but I think it may be interesting!

Hi Andy! Thank you for the huge work. I think that I like the overheating, as I am a very attentive driver in the normal game this was never an issue to me and never went over the 124° celsius. With this 5.3 version I have to be even more careful and I like it!

What I like less in the new version is the fuel consumption rate because I was used to the previous versions and regular game ones and my driving style relies a lot on changing fuel mix at every turn almost, (straight in rich, turn in and apex in lean, exit in lean or standard until i have traction, standard or rich after the turn is done) therefore I usually load less fuel in the car because I know when to count on the rich mix (I am not a driver that thinks about it in sectors or race phases but is more micromanaging for me).

The new increased consumption values made it a little bit problematic to me being used to the old fuel loads so I think I will also tweak it a little, maybe a 0,1 or 0,2 less because it is right that rich mix should have a higher consumption rate compared to standard, instead in the regular game lean is on 0,7 which means that only in lean you really save fuel and standard and rich are equally at 1, which is misleading from the game as I always though that rich should be more consuming, and in this matter your mod is good. I think that rich should be for me at 1.1 or 1.2 for my taste, but this is only a personal taste and force of habit, I think your mod nails it really well! And out of laziness instead of tweaking it could always put more fuel load in my car ahah.

Yes me and Nico are starting to compare our mods so some testing should take place for now on! I never considered releasing my tweaked mods as I am fairly new to this thing but if I receive some sort of feedback or people who want to try we may release a super duper combo mod together of course crediting all the original creators. I don't think that merging mod is a common practice, at least I don't know, I just didn't like how stale the original game became to me and I wanted it to became fresh again so I chose what I did like and merged everything to create my perfect game.

Concerning the tyre temp mode I am more satisfied compared to the normal game because it is true that it brings more strategies to the table from the A.I. as well and makes driving in the wet more enjoyable. But I tried only last version, I see in the updates that you released a lot of versions with different features but I did stick on last version as it should be the most accurate and better than the others?

One thing I noticed is that many times especially with the hard compounds in tracks like Bahrain and Silverstione the A.I. is way faster than me, I am talking about 0.5-1 sec per lap when we both use new hards, I am driving the Racing Point and after the performance patch in October a Ferrari shouldn't have this much more pace compared to mine (I play at level 101 to 108 circuit sensitive as the AI is not really consistent in terms of skill per circuit, Bahrain my right level is 101 and Silverstone 103).
I like the fact that you start with somewhat cold tyres at the start and after going out the pits, and I cannot be sure but I think this affects also the AI because they make more mistakes.

I also like the fact that if you decide for a one stop strategy you will have way more tyre wear compared to the original game. I usually play 50% races. I still have to figure out the new strategies and when 2 stops are better than 1, as I like to simulate free practice for the sake of time.

One thing I noticed and that should be modified in my opinion: in the real game safety car is an issue as your tyres become very cold even in softer compounds, but IN THE MOD (edited because I forgot to mention it better) I witnessed this only with hards, It was easier to keep mediums and softs up to temperature.

For any question please ask!
Enrico

Thanks again for the feedback

Regarding fuel burn I will explain my thinking. When viewing youtube racers they always dial back the fuel to the lowest settings and then in the race dont seem to have much trouble saving the fuel and are able to run on rich for long periods. I wanted to change that so lowest fuel isnt always best. So if track has long straights you might need more fuel to run rich to stop being overtaken. Maybe more fuel at start is better on these tracks. Other tighter tracks such as Hungary maybe lower fuel and running less on rich is better. That was the thought behind the changes. Stopping always using the same setting every track, it doesnt feel right. Codemasters have a lot of problems with that. You see drivers always setting tyre pressures to lowest as it "works" or always using 1 stop with soft to mediums. But I felt it shouldnt work everytime like that and I have tried to stop it with the 2 mods I have made. I wanted drivers to think about what settings are right for this track

About the tyres behind safety car. 100% agree, it was a compromise of making the tyres cool and heat correctly for quali laps and long periods over a race. They are probably at the top end of the heating window and dont drop to cool levels before the safety car goes back in. Perhaps I will look at this if I make a mod for F1 2021 (it will depend on what changes Codemasters make). This might be the last good game we get now EA are on the scene

About hards on certain tracks the ai being faster. Long straights cool the tyres and hards are effected more by this. You can combat it by turning up tyre pressures which is maybe what the ai or simulating. Have you tried raising pressures, it should raise the temperature on hards and make them faster. But on flip side it might make the softs overheat.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the feedback

Regarding fuel burn I will explain my thinking. When viewing youtube racers they always dial back the fuel to the lowest settings and then in the race dont seem to have much trouble saving the fuel and are able to run on rich for long periods. I wanted to change that so lowest fuel isnt always best. So if track has long straights you might need more fuel to run rich to stop being overtaken. Maybe more fuel at start is better on these tracks. Other tighter tracks such as Hungary maybe lower fuel and running less on rich is better. That was the thought behind the changes. Stopping always using the same setting every track, it doesnt feel right. Codemasters have a lot of problems with that. You see drivers always setting tyre pressures to lowest as it "works" or always using 1 stop with soft to mediums. But I felt it shouldnt work everytime like that and I have tried to stop it with the 2 mods I have made. I wanted drivers to think about what settings are right for this track

About the tyres behind safety car. 100% agree, it was a compromise of making the tyres cool and heat correctly for quali laps and long periods over a race. They are probably at the top end of the heating window and dont drop to cool levels before the safety car goes back in.

About hards on certain tracks the ai being faster. Long straights cool the tyres and hards are effected more by this. You can combat it by turning up tyre pressures which is maybe what the ai or simulating. Have you tried raising pressures, it should raise the temperature on hards and make them faster. But on flip side it might make the softs overheat.

Thank you for the heads up about tyre pressure! I always use my setups for league racing and in F1 2020 the standard seems to be lowest pressure, no high tyre pressure setups. Instead AI should use some of the standard default setups which have mid-high tyre pressure so I would definitely do that.

Concerning fuel consumption I gave you the feedback because in a track like Hungary which is not engine power dependant (I raced in it yesterday with the 5.3 mod), even if I loaded + 1,5 laps of fuel I struggled finishing the race at ease with fuel, and I used rich only in the 2 main straights and not even in every lap. I tweaked it to 1.1 rich consumption level instead of 1.4 and 1.2 for max, as 140% fuel consumption more was a little bit over the top for me. Afterwards I will tell you how if feels with 1.1 because I still want to feel more consumption by using rich.

In any case don't take these as complaints, they are just tips with the utmost respect for your fantastic work!

Last edited:
Ok that makes sense. Sorry I was happy with your comments I just wanted to explain what the goal I was aiming for.
Regards rich being set to 1.1, I think that is lower than default values. I think it was 1.3 and Max was 1.2 which made no sense to me. I might be wrong with those figures though but I dont have the default files to hand at moment

Ok that makes sense. Sorry I was happy with your comments I just wanted to explain what the goal I was aiming for.
Regards rich being set to 1.1, I think that is lower than default values. I think it was 1.3 and Max was 1.2 which made no sense to me. I might be wrong with those figures though but I dont have the default files to hand at moment

Argh, You're right, I just checked the raw VTF files and rich is 1.3 and max 1.2, now I do remember this and in fact it makes no sense!

So I was wrong when saying that consumption level was at 1 in rich, maybe some badly-tweaked VTF files made me think that. Sorry about it!

Last edited:
Wait, wasn't the fuel different for each team? I thought I had seen different values for rich mix, but maybe that was the power affection of it.

Wait, wasn't the fuel different for each team? I thought I had seen different values for rich mix, but maybe that was the power affection of it.

I noted that Merdedes engines have a power scale or 1.08 compared to 1.07 of the other teams in rich mix, which makes Mercedes engine more powerful. Later I will check the raw files to see if there are differences in consumption rate based on the teams

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 52 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%