F1 | Kubica Secures Reserve Role With Rebranded Alfa Romeo Squad

On a regular basis, the car was getting worse from practice 1 to practice 3, despite track rubbering in.

I’ve nothing personally against Kubica but unless you have access to team data, you have no way of knowing for certain if that was down to him or the car (or a combination of the two). He was a very good driver in his day but, sadly, I think that day has passed.

From yesterday's Swiss' Blick Article:

"The whole year, I've stayed loyal to the team. But the car was a faulty construction. There was nothing to do in the simulator. And one who has no trust in the car, doesn't risk as much. As simple as that."
There is no denying.... The car was a 'dog'.
If you don't trust the equipment, that's one thing.
Getting absolutely 'hammered' by his teammate...(despite a chassis swap) and whining about the two cars being completely different, is another matter.
I too, wanted it to go well.
It didn't...for any number of reasons.
Changes to the design and operation have seen F1 move on from a time when he was at the top of his game.
It happens to the best of drivers.
Stop making silly excuses.

Last edited:
From yesterday's Swiss' Blick Article:

"Ich blieb das ganze Jahr dem Team gegenüber loyal. Doch das Auto war eine Fehlkonstruktion. Da war auch im Simulator nichts zu machen. Und wer kein Vertrauen ins Auto hat der riskiert weniger. So einfach ist das."

Transl to English:

"The whole year, I've stayed loyal to the team. But the car was a faulty construction. There was nothing to do in the simulator. And one who has no trust in the car, doesn't risk as much. As simple as that."

Well if that is a real quote i think Orlen could be taking Williams to court for breech of contract. Fun times.

Especially a team that's hanging at the rear end of the pack, focuses its resources on one car.

Someone asked me to elaborate. So as a matter of fact, RK had to use a chassis that had multiple the mileage of the other one. For a good half of the season. How's that for a fair chance?
Throughout the whole season (not including two GP weekends), the car was making regress from FP1 to FP3.

Let that sink in. On a regular basis, the car was getting worse from practice 1 to practice 3, despite track rubbering in.

Even an amateur driver is able to improve times, purely because the track's surface progresses throughout the weekend. Surprisingly, this was not the case with RK car.

Say what you want, the facts defend themselves.

I get that you are a big Kubica fan but the facts & stats dont lie.Russell out qualified Kubica 19-0.
Robert moaned about his chassis & they swapped chassis for Spanish GP.Russell was 1.2 seconds faster in Kubicas chassis in qualy.https://www.racefans.net/2019/12/09/team-mate-battles-2019-the-final-score-russell-vs-kubica/

RvK.png

I get that you are a big Kubica fan but the facts & stats dont lie.Russell out qualified Kubica 19-0.
Robert moaned about his chassis & they swapped chassis for Spanish GP.Russell was 1.2 seconds faster in Kubicas chassis in qualy.https://www.racefans.net/2019/12/09/team-mate-battles-2019-the-final-score-russell-vs-kubica/

View attachment 342034
He did, but what does that change? Still Robert brought the team the only point and resulting money, despite being handled as no 2 all year.

I believe GR is an awesome driver, but never the real difference between the two equals that seen in Williams.
Also the difference seen between Alonso and Vandoorne in his last season was in large part not entirely down to the driver. The car had a fault all year, but the poor sod was outed.

If you are interested, check the Williams drivers performance at GP Mexico, where at the pre-race warm up round, Robert surprisingly remarked the car is behaving completely different, much more capable compared to previous sessions. The story of the race was accordingly different, in retrospect to previous GPs...

I'm not aiming to discredit GR, because as I said above, I believe he's an awesome driver.

If you don't trust the car, then don't get into the car.
Give it to somebody else.
It is as simple as that.
I like Robert...think he is a good driver.
His time has come and his limitation coupled with the change of the cars, has seen the sport and technology move on from when he was at the top of his game.
It happens.
He got his *** handed to him by Russell in the same equipment.
Stop making silly excuses.

No, it means go slower. Drivers can't just turn up and say no.
Would you hand the F1 car to someone else, mate?
You'd be deemed failure in an instant.

He smacked Loeb, Ogier, Tanak, and company ass in WRC stages with a private car, minimal budget and crew, while being the boss and logistics organiser of his own team. Compare that to Kimi Raikkonen's WRC results, with two healthy arms.

Mind you, the condition of K's arm had significantly improved since the WRC times.

He smacked Loeb, Ogier, Tanak, and company ass in WRC stages with a private car, minimal budget and crew, while being the boss and logistics organiser of his own team.
Yeah, sometimes maybe ... taking high risks until he hit a bridge or a guard rail.

Compare that to Kimi Raikkonen's WRC results, with two healthy arms.
Maybe Kimi is so cool he only used one of them anyway. ;)

Mind you, the condition of K's arm had significantly improved since the WRC times.
Yes, indeed, but not his driving skills.

A bit part number 3 driver who probably only got the spot because of the oil company.

I would love for him to get some track time and do well, prove that it was Williams and not him, unfortunately I think that ship has sailed.

I'd like to remind you where he finished the 2017 F1 testing in Hungary. Some way before the Williams drive.
The reason he was not hired was an 'engine' deal with McLaren and Sainz.
I know what was said in the garage during that test..
He made 170 laps in scorching heat, and later English media doubted if he could finish a race.
I remember that and how they supported Williams in deceiving..

On another note, how many of you have followed this situation in details?

Honestly, don't base your opinion on the results only, adding PR information provided by Williams.
Unless you're cool with being deceived.
They are lying and will continue to do that, have done in the past with other drivers.

I know you guys are capable of research and your own reasoning.
Don't just take what THEY say you like it was a magic pill.
I have observed the situation, following every detail, every smallest bit of what happened, since he came back.
Every bit of information for years... From every possible source.

Oh and recently RK was fastest in his first DTM test for BMW, smashing the reference time set by Marco Wittmann - 2 times champion

It's not the end, it's a beginning and deals won't stop him anymore.

I believe GR is an awesome driver, but never the real difference between the two equals that seen in Williams.

But if Kubica's poor results were down to him having a bad chassis all season, how do you explain why Russell was so much faster in Kubica's car in Spain?

But if Kubica's poor results were down to him having a bad chassis all season, how do you explain why Russell was so much faster in Kubica's car in Spain?

I'll answer with a question: How is it possible that a car loses performance from FP1 to FP2 and from FP2 to Q1? IIRC there were two 'normal' GP weekends where this has not happened.

Even when session times were slightly better, that was due to track rubbering in. Car's handling was either not improving or it was worsening. On multiple occassions, the times were downgrading while all other cars improved.
MAGIC...

Other thing I know of, is that RK was using other engine map.
Quite simply both cars had same maps installed, but the team decided which maps are used and enabled. No rocket science involved here.
This can even be noticed if you watch onboards from both cars on F1 TV Pro.
Robert was actually often faster through the corners-from entry to exit, losing on straights.

Hang on Russell was utter garbage too though..... compare Russell to Norris.......
Or is it down to the car?
In that case in fairness to Robert if he and Russell were in the Mercs then Russell would of been faster but Robert would of been up front too...
Bottas is slower than Lewis but on paper he is 2nd fastest driver in the world to unthinkers..

Other thing I know of, is that RK was using other engine map.
Quite simply both cars had same maps installed, but the team decided which maps are used and enabled. No rocket science involved here.
This can even be noticed if you watch onboards from both cars on F1 TV Pro.
Robert was actually often faster through the corners-from entry to exit, losing on straights.

So was RK running more wing,going faster through the corners & then slowed on the straights because he could not drive a more loose car with less downforce due to his arm?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 23 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.6%