F1 | New Jeddah Street Track Revealed In Simulation

From the air, it looks like a surgical scalpel with a melted handle.

From the sim video, it is nearly flat the whole way around except in one or two curves. The track looks to be narrow at least 75% the way around, possibly even on the front stretch. Hanoi, in the F1 2020 game, had more maneuvering room in more places than this looks. Monaco and now this are probably the two narrowest courses on the calendar, unless I missed one.

As near as I can tell, the main reason that Singapore, and possibly Baku, still work is because their roads are wider than those at Monaco and now here at Jeddah. Hence more maneuvering room, which leads to more places to pass, etc. So, if F1 leadership were to actually consider another street course for their calendar, consider one bit of advice. Don't look at the price tag without looking at the roads themselves first.

The only way this new parade grounds will work another two seasons at most will be for financial/political reasons.

Looks like it was drawn with a blinfold on. No particularly significant turns other than a couple of apexes, the rest is just a winding mess with few areas with full throttle or high downforce needed.

Turns 4,5,7,8,9,10,16,17 are better than in any recent Tilke tracks. Some of them look outright dangerous, reminds me of the Magny-Cours fast chicanes without any run-off. I second what a poster above said. Tilke builds huge wide tracks full of 90 degree corners and people complain. Sweeping narrow track with no 90-degree corners, same moaning.

I love the abject hypocrisy of f1 going here. Money talks and stuff human rights. If Lewis had any credibility he'd boycott this race since he is all about crying for rights. Bet he wont though, as I said money talks. Looks like a boring track and like someone else said it looks like a formula e track.

From the air, it looks like a surgical scalpel with a melted handle.

From the sim video, it is nearly flat the whole way around except in one or two curves. The track looks to be narrow at least 75% the way around, possibly even on the front stretch. Hanoi, in the F1 2020 game, had more maneuvering room in more places than this looks. Monaco and now this are probably the two narrowest courses on the calendar, unless I missed one.

As near as I can tell, the main reason that Singapore, and possibly Baku, still work is because their roads are wider than those at Monaco and now here at Jeddah. Hence more maneuvering room, which leads to more places to pass, etc. So, if F1 leadership were to actually consider another street course for their calendar, consider one bit of advice. Don't look at the price tag without looking at the roads themselves first.

The only way this new parade grounds will work another two seasons at most will be for financial/political reasons.
Yeah I did find that interesting they said in their statement that the track width was going to be from 10-15 meters I wonder maybe that wasn't modeled correctly in the video or 10 meters is actually smaller than what I am imagining. Mathematically it should be simple to get two f1 car widths into that 10m minimum but in practice and with racing lines and marbles it looks like it will be impossible.

For reference, the piece of road where Russell overtook Bottas at the 2nd bah gp was 13m wide and that looked comfortable, of course no walls there.

This will be a complete pain to drive in sims or especially in the F1 games. Getting through Vietnam's s curves cleanly was a nightmare. Those types of corners should've stayed on Suzuka, at least when done more than a single left-right.

Old street circuits where there were buildings, trees and grass lining the tracks had a great atmosphere about them, but the modern ones feel like your driving through a tunnel with nothing around you but barriers. The layout of the track may be fine, but for me, the driving experience is more than the strip of tarmac that you're driving on, it's everything around you, and on this the track fails.

The layout isn't bad at all imo: fast flowing corners (and many of them :D), seems not as constructed as the other Tilke tracks. However what bothers me the most: there is nothing to remember beside the track, it's just an endless concrete tunnel with many many many lamps.

Grobnik on steroids with walls :)

Same issue as any 'street' track with full throttle blind walled straights/bends (valencia/sochi) ... gotta be very brave to go 2 wide in those.

Last edited:
bwoah.png

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 24 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.5%