F1 | New Jeddah Street Track Revealed In Simulation

Remember the Korea renderings?
OTiWLlWuH3j6Imq3wihG6GOZpipsXaLDAS0kIvU6TXA.jpg

There is supposed to be a city within the circuit.
Wonder where it is now. :D

Korea looked like something from the banks of the Manchester ship canal.

As far as the circuit is concerned without any political stuff, it looks exciting to drive, dangerous even. I see inspiration from Suzuka, COTA, Zandvoort, Nurburgring GP (you have to squint a bit :D). Whether it provides exciting races, we will see, with current cars as well as soon with the next-gen theoretically racey cars. Sometimes circuits that look boring from a racing perspective provide great racing at the end, and vice versa.

Grobnik on steroids with walls :)

Same issue as any 'street' track with full throttle blind walled straights/bends (valencia/sochi) ... gotta be very brave to go 2 wide in those.
Your concerns about safety came immediately to mind on seeing this layout.
One of the reasons I like many of the 'old-school' F1 tracks is not simply about flow...but the relative margin for error built in.
Though some corners are still extremely fast and very exciting (Pouhon comes to mind), look at the run-off area adjacent.
It allows for mistakes or contact between two cars and still leaves an 'out'.
The new leaders of F1 seem hell-bent on ramping up the danger element...again.
Doing things like removing downforce (where the car becomes less predictable)...then putting them on super-speed 'street' circuits with walls everywhere... no room in the event of the ever looming contact, is a recipe for disaster.
I don't see a single runoff area near any of the high-speed corners....maybe I missed them or they'll come later.
F1 chassis/cockpits have become very strong after some notable high-profile tragedies.
Attempts at keeping the cars within those confines have worked well.
Now is not the time to start chucking that out the window.
The chassis may survive, the driver and spectator...questionable...if during contact, one of these things goes airborne into a visitor area.
That is the re-introduced danger with these types of circuits.
It is as if they're trying to remove all the safety gains of the previous decades.
Lack on memory versus money...never a good outcome.

Last edited:
A flat out track Between the narrow walls. I think it's fun in hotlapping, a little less fun for racing. However, I look forward to having this track in AC to do many laps with formula 1 rss

Last edited:
The track does have a great flow and it will be nice to do a few hot laps there but I doubt we will see an interesting race. A procession with F1 cars is what gonna happen on race day there.

Also, very nice to see Assetto Corsa - and especially the Formula Hybrid mod- being used in an official F1 video.
I honestly doubt that given where DRS zones are likely going to be at... I think this race will surprise a few

Hmmm will be a boring race i think. Absolutely not my kind of racetrack i like.

Turn 11: Seeing maaaaany discussions about track limits and deleted lap times incoming :)

Layout seems not that bad, good flow, but maybe too narrow and surroundings are just meh...
Does the track owner read on racedepartment? I would cry now in his position... :giggle:

saudis have more money than "PI" 3,14192.... have numbers,
They will not have interest about Racing-fans.
In 2050 the F1 Electro - nosound - will driven only in China and Saudi - Countries

I appreciate the on-board lap video isn't real, but are we to assume it's fairly accurate? I sincerely hope not! If the track is truly that narrow then we aren't going to get much of a race. DRS won't be of any use if you can be physically blocked, drifting a small amount will close of the entire side of the track.
Add no run off, I predict a procession, that's not a race.

Are the organisers of F1 that dense? Its so disappointing. But there's the obvious solution! Yes! Fanboost! Look how wonderfully it worked it formula E.
It's time to be real, if F1 is going to be a joke then they must not hold back!
Maybe get rid of aerodynamics completely, instead the coolest looking car gets extra ERS!

Last edited:
Way too many lights, it felt like a strobe light session! Would be a cool hotlap session as I do like some of the flow but it is too narrow. I think I'll skip this train.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 400 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 252 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 269 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 160 27.8%
Back