Sounds F1 Sounds Megapack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mate, am I missing something ? I cant figure out why there are three parts to this new update. Unless I'm mistaken they all seem to have the same car files in each file. I have been using your sounds with joy since you released them. Thank you. Update! Ok I have figured it out. It is all rather confusing! But it will have no affect on my 5 star rating. :)
Hi, they don't have the same files even though some have duplicate folders. The reason there are 3 parts is because of the file size limit on racedepartmen. If you download all 3 and then extract them to the same folder they should all go into one large folder called 'f1 sounds megapack v1. 1'

In the future i think I'll be seperating the files out into individual sound mods

I'm working atm but feel free to ask if you're still stuck. I'll get back to you when I'm free

Can you see part 2 or just part 3?
I can see both of them, I even tried copying part 2 into my own onedrive folder, but every time I click on 'download' nothing happens. I'll reboot my pc and try it again, maybe that helps!
EDIT: after rebooting I can download part 2 flawlessly, I guess my pc had some issue!

Last edited:
I'm a great fan of your soundmods! How does this compare with the standard VRC FA 2022 sound?
The standard sounds are actually well done by vrc. The vrc comes with their version of a Honda sound. This mod gives my take on the honda sound and also options for merc, ferrari and Renault pu sounds. The preview video on the overview page showcases these sounds. You can find various videos online of the default vrc sound and then listen and compare

Hi, the OneDrive link for parts 2 and 3 isn't working, it sends me to an error screen and immediately refreshes, which sends the page in an infinite loop. Are you able to fix this, please?

Hi, I love your mods but could you please help with doing the car clones?
hi, yes certainly. the first thing do do is download AC Car tuner (there is a link to it on the overview page of this mod).

next, open that, and in the top left, where it says 'select assetto corsa folder', click on that and point it to your main Ac directory

then where it says select car, select the car you'd like to make clones for. in this case, we will choose the VRC FA 22. (Make sure you back up the car first in case something goes wrong). Select the car. in the 'new tune name' box, type 'Ferrari' (without quotation marks, making sure the first letter is capitalised and the spelling is correct). then click 'create new tune'. wait for a few seconds, maybe up to a minute. an error dialogue box will appear. click 'continue'. you've now made the 'ferrari' clone. now repeat the above steps by typing 'Renault', create new tune, continue in the error message, and then 'Honda', and then the same for 'Mercedes'. (you can do these in any order).

now if you open your ac folder, navigate to content>cars, scroll down till you see your car. you'll see 4 other cars here with the same names but also with the engine names too. these are your clones.

now, download and extract the F1 Sounds Megapack to a known location. open this location and navigate to 'content>cars>vrc_formula_alpha_2022>sfx. here you will see a folder called 'car clones'. enter this. now you will see 4 folders containing the sounds for each engine manufacturer. these are for the new 4 clones or 'tunes' you just made. enter each folder, copy the 2 files and paste them into the sfx folder of the cloned cars you made. ferrari to the ferrari clone, renault to the renault cone, etc etc. overwrite when it asks you.

now you have 5 selectable VRC formula alpha's in game. 1 original untouched one, and 4 clones with the correct sounds.

hope that helps

hi, yes certainly. the first thing do do is download AC Car tuner (there is a link to it on the overview page of this mod).

next, open that, and in the top left, where it says 'select assetto corsa folder', click on that and point it to your main Ac directory

then where it says select car, select the car you'd like to make clones for. in this case, we will choose the VRC FA 22. (Make sure you back up the car first in case something goes wrong). Select the car. in the 'new tune name' box, type 'Ferrari' (without quotation marks, making sure the first letter is capitalised and the spelling is correct). then click 'create new tune'. wait for a few seconds, maybe up to a minute. an error dialogue box will appear. click 'continue'. you've now made the 'ferrari' clone. now repeat the above steps by typing 'Renault', create new tune, continue in the error message, and then 'Honda', and then the same for 'Mercedes'. (you can do these in any order).

now if you open your ac folder, navigate to content>cars, scroll down till you see your car. you'll see 4 other cars here with the same names but also with the engine names too. these are your clones.

now, download and extract the F1 Sounds Megapack to a known location. open this location and navigate to 'content>cars>vrc_formula_alpha_2022>sfx. here you will see a folder called 'car clones'. enter this. now you will see 4 folders containing the sounds for each engine manufacturer. these are for the new 4 clones or 'tunes' you just made. enter each folder, copy the 2 files and paste them into the sfx folder of the cloned cars you made. ferrari to the ferrari clone, renault to the renault cone, etc etc. overwrite when it asks you.

now you have 5 selectable VRC formula alpha's in game. 1 original untouched one, and 4 clones with the correct sounds.

hope that helps
Thank you!

Sorry my ignorance, but what is clone sound? What differs from the normal?
hi! it's exactly like the normal. it just makes it possible for you to clone a car and make 4 versions with different sounds, then you can easily launch the one you want every time rather than replacing files every time. it also allows you to race different sounding versions of the same car

Last edited:
hi! it's exactly like the normal. it just makes it possible for you to clone a car and make 4 versions with different sounds, then you can easily launch the one you want every time rather than replacing files every time. it also allows you to race different sounding versions of the same car
Ah ok thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.0%