AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass round 1@Thomson Road, Wed 18th October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It was almost full light at the start for me too, and it became dark only for the last few minutes of the race.
Same here. I've configured the races at the actual date of the race itself so I expect it to be darker at dawn and dusk in the coming races. Don't know if the change to wintertime will affect that.

I was, honest 'guv!!!! Huge congrats to the podium guys, especially the Abarth lads, Jason and Ernie:sneaky:

....been having some big problems with my pc, the stuttering was incredible, hope I didn't 'warp' too much for others. My son is going to investigate why I have 100% cpu usage during the race, this snapshot was taken stationary on the grid (fig in right column was in-game):

View attachment 701705
That's crazy and there's definitely something going on! The 99% cpu warning from AC is one thing, but it only means that the cpu took too long for the physics to complete in time, NOT full CPU load overall.

However this shows full load across all cpu cores, and AC can't use more than 3-4 cores, so there's something going on.
Sadly there's no way to easily track the cpu load of applications. The easiest way is to look at the Taskmanager on a second monitor, but you need another monitor for that..
Another way is to record the Taskmanager window with OBS, while AC is in the foreground.
But depending on your hardware, that might cause even more load on cpu and gpu :(

One solution would be to switch AC into Borderless mode (alt+enter or not select Fullscreen in content manager) and then have the Taskmanager in the foreground.
AC loses a bit of performance that way and gsync/freesync and vsync might disengage so you'll have tearing and stuttering.
BUT there's definitely something really really wrong, so for a rough check, this might be the way to go.

If Taskmanager only shows AC with a high cpu load, then it's time to use the CSP render stats app. You need the CSP extensions: GUI and I think "Taskbar" to enable that one.
It shows every single thing AC is doing. CPU and GPU time.
@RasmusP can you help John?
Yep :D
Thanks Han, tbh I always feel guilty badgering Rasmus, 'cos I don't understand a word of tech-talk:roflmao: ...if all else fails I will though:)
Hehe no worries! I hope you can solve it! If not, I'm happy to do a little Teamviewer Session or so :)

Thoroughly enjoyed my first AC race here on RD. I got caught up a bit in the first lap mayhem, sorry if I inadvertently tagged anyone who was trying to rejoin. I then had numerous battles with MX5's who I could pass down the straight but were quicker than me through the turns.

I see next weeks race is an hour later, presumably due to the clocks changing in the northern hemisphere. It's going to mean the race finishing at about 11:30pm for me which is quite late as I wake up at 5:30. I'll see if I can manage it, if not I might have to withdraw from the championship which will be a pity.

Thoroughly enjoyed my first AC race here on RD. I got caught up a bit in the first lap mayhem, sorry if I inadvertently tagged anyone who was trying to rejoin. I then had numerous battles with MX5's who I could pass down the straight but were quicker than me through the turns.

I see next weeks race is an hour later, presumably due to the clocks changing in the northern hemisphere. It's going to mean the race finishing at about 11:30pm for me which is quite late as I wake up at 5:30. I'll see if I can manage it, if not I might have to withdraw from the championship which will be a pity.
We will adjust the times accordingly to the clocks changing. So the event (P) will start as normal at 8.00pm.

That's crazy and there's definitely something going on! The 99% cpu warning from AC is one thing, but it only means that the cpu took too long for the physics to complete in time, NOT full CPU load overall.

However this shows full load across all cpu cores, and AC can't use more than 3-4 cores, so there's something going on.
Sadly there's no way to easily track the cpu load of applications. The easiest way is to look at the Taskmanager on a second monitor, but you need another monitor for that..
Another way is to record the Taskmanager window with OBS, while AC is in the foreground.
But depending on your hardware, that might cause even more load on cpu and gpu :(

One solution would be to switch AC into Borderless mode (alt+enter or not select Fullscreen in content manager) and then have the Taskmanager in the foreground.
AC loses a bit of performance that way and gsync/freesync and vsync might disengage so you'll have tearing and stuttering.
BUT there's definitely something really really wrong, so for a rough check, this might be the way to go.

If Taskmanager only shows AC with a high cpu load, then it's time to use the CSP render stats app. You need the CSP extensions: GUI and I think "Taskbar" to enable that one.
It shows every single thing AC is doing. CPU and GPU time.

Yep :D

Hehe no worries! I hope you can solve it! If not, I'm happy to do a little Teamviewer Session or so :)
Thanks Rasmus, you're a gent:inlove:

I've spent (too much!) time today staring at Open Hardware Monitor, and I don't think it's my gpu or AC now. The cpu is randomly spiking up 100% , whether I have programs running or not. Have checked for programs running in the background and can't find anything untoward there:unsure: Also ran a file check scan (picked up 4 probs and fixed them) and malware/virus checks, again lol.

This has been going on for weeks intermittently, but getting much worse now. So yep, any help appreciated!

Spikey example pic below:
spike3.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to get CM to work on the URD loire07 LMP2 car, the data.acd file when converted gives rubbish, tyres.ini. using notepad.
Says it is Unix (LF) file UTF-8 the other files are .ini files i can read in notepad. ( these are windows (CRFL) file i can read in notepad??
I cannot get Protyres to give me any information, either in vanilla AC Ui or CM?
can anyone throw some light onto this, infuriating as i can only get tyre data for mediums
from Robert.

Attachments

• tyres unreadable.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 38
Thoroughly enjoyed my first AC race here on RD.

It was apleasure to have you :)
I got caught up a bit in the first lap mayhem, sorry if I inadvertently tagged anyone who was trying to rejoin.
That would be on them, they have "to rejoin safely" without inconviencing, let alone endangering other drivers :devilish:
I then had numerous battles with MX5's who I could pass down the straight but were quicker than me through the turns.
Again my pleasure ;)

Thanks Rasmus, you're a gent:inlove:

I've spent (too much!) time today staring at Open Hardware Monitor, and I don't think it's my gpu or AC now. The cpu is randomly spiking up 100% , whether I have programs running or not. Have checked for programs running in the background and can't find anything untoward there:unsure: Also ran a file check scan (picked up 4 probs and fixed them) and malware/virus checks, again lol.

This has been going on for weeks intermittently, but getting much worse now. So yep, any help appreciated!

Spikey example pic below:
View attachment 701816
Damn, that looks wild!
I guess it's something like Windows updates hanging, onedrive wanting to sync something or something like that. How often does this happen? Any pattern to it like only when AC is running?
@Medilloni
Are you on the internet John, sometimes people log in via the internet and use you PC, my advice is disconnect your internet and try again. and see if this corrects it.
That would be a pretty hefty way to check for this and I highly highly doubt that this is happening, but disconnecting the Internet and checking whether or not these spikes are still happening might be a helpful indicator where to look next.

To Jon:
The quickest way to find out would be to have Taskmanager open (or record it, these spikes are way worse than reduced performance from the recording).
Are you available tonight? I could hop online between 6-8 pm UK time :)

Last edited:
Had a lot of fun in yesterday's race, and I come to think of it and it was clearly one of my best races if not the best one so far: was able to keep focus all the way to the end, no major mistakes, managed to keep everything smooth and consistent, and a few fights here and there to keep me entertained. :thumbsup:

The track was really fun, I enjoy these old and public road tracks. Was able to get into the flow and continue improving my times, even during the race.

The 12 hour format was nice, I enjoyed it more than the 24h. The sunset and night times brought it's own challenges and I like that, makes the race more dynamic.

Oh and the alternative sound pack for the Abarths... :inlove: million times better experience!
And I wasn't even driving one!!! I truly feel there is more for me to learn in the Mazda, I'm even starting to enjoy (and kinda control) when the rear decides to go sideways (are you proud Carsten?).

Speaking of cars, do you think this could be a candidate for a RWD alternative?
1697733069181.png

I have absolutely no clue to be honest, it just popped in my mind as a nice little RWD car.
It's part of the same Kunos DLC which includes the MX5 Cup so probably something you guys already had a look at.

Thank you all for the nice racing and Han for organizing the nice championship.
Congrats to the podiums and I'll see you in the next one!
- Ricardo

I guess it's something like Windows updates hanging, onedrive wanting to sync something or something like that. How often does this happen? Any pattern to it like only when AC is running?
It seems to happen randomly Rasmus, about 7 times per hour (from what I've seen today). I always assumed it was AC because it was affecting it, but then I found it was spiking without AC running - I think AC just highlighted the problem!

To Jon:
The quickest way to find out would be to have Taskmanager open (or record it, these spikes are way worse than reduced performance from the recording).
Are you available tonight? I could hop online between 6-8 pm UK time :)
I'll be free for a little while around 6 if that's any good? Will pm you now :)

Oh and the alternative sound pack for the Abarths... :inlove: million times better experience!
And I wasn't even driving one!!! I truly feel there is more for me to learn in the Mazda, I'm even starting to enjoy (and kinda control) when the rear decides to go sideways (are you proud Carsten?).

They grow up soo fast :D
Nice man, love to hear that :thumbsup:
Speaking of cars, do you think this could be a candidate for a RWD alternative?
View attachment 701829
I have absolutely no clue to be honest, it just popped in my mind as a nice little RWD car.
It's part of the same Kunos DLC which includes the MX5 Cup so probably something you guys already had a look at.
Yeah had a look at this beauty but didn´t test drive because:

similar weight but 38 hp less

suspension and brakes from the 80s

street setup (tyres, brakes, suspension)

It´s a shame there is no race version with slicks and slightly higher power
(at least I couldn´t find one :()

Hank, stupid question, do you have lights and high beams on?
You may have to bind buttons in CSP to switch them on.
I have the light on. High beams...do you mean this option? Nothing happens when I press it.
Screenshot 2023-10-19 195449.jpg

Fernscheinwerfer, richtig?

you can adjust exposure somewhere to make it less dark
I'll try it out. There's still time until the next event.

Thank you :thumbsup:

Funnily i had this happen a while ago, the PC went at max whilst in AC, even coming out of the program it was going mad, i just could not believe AC was at 100% GPU and 100% CPU.
in the end i disconnected the internet and all returned to normal. I cleared out all the internet garbage and all was well. I just assumed someone was crypto mining using my PC or some sort of group PC usage group thingy. Got the PC virus checker to get rid of as much stuff as i could,
:)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 165 34.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 130 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 91 19.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • At a friends house