Female Racer in F1 Takes One Step Closer With Calderon F2 Deal

Haha, threads about female racers always brings out the worst in people and mods busy with banning/modding :D
Its quite simple; either you have the talent and race equal to the men, or you do a Stroll.

My big worry is that rather then encouraging more women into motorsport, if she gets into F1 and gets thrashed by her team mate and becomes a laughing stock, that won't encourage women into motorsport, it'll drive them away, reinforce stereotypes and put team bosses off. Maybe the answer is to put her in the same team as Stroll?? No danger of being beaten in that case.

Obviously you have no counterarguments, you only can resent to shitposting / twisting because your little dream / ideology just got shattered.
The reason I didnt waste my time arguing with your hilarious IQ postulates is because you obviously dont know what you are talking about.:roflmao:
You dont know that IQ rating is more or less worthless to pinpoint something that could be named intelligence in a broader sense.;)
Broader sense means here the skills needed to cope close to perfect in hectic and emotional stressfull situations.
And correlated to F1 then IQ tells absolutely nothing about a persons ‎ability to learn to control a racing car in the same type of situations.:whistling:
In the scientific psychological world the IQ concept is both out of date and considered rather ridiculous.
Hehe it only does say something about someones ability to solve a simple IQ test. :laugh::laugh:
It’s tempting to read a lot into someone’s IQ score. Most non-experts think intelligence is the reason successful people do so well. Psychologists who study intelligence find this is only partly true. IQ tests can predict how well people will do in particular situations, such as thinking abstractly in science, engineering or art. Or leading teams of people. But there’s more to the story. Extraordinary achievement depends on many things. And those extra categories include ambition, persistence, opportunity, the ability to think clearly — even luck.
Intelligence matters. But not as much as you might think.
https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/what-iq-and-how-much-does-it-matter

IQ.jpg

• Deleted member 113561

The reason I didnt waste my time arguing with your hilarious IQ postulates is because you obviously dont know what you are talking about.:roflmao:
You dont know that IQ rating is more or less worthless to pinpoint something that could be named intelligence in a broader sense.;)
Broader sense means here the skills needed to cope close to perfect in hectic and emotional stressfull situations.
And correlated to F1 then IQ tells absolutely nothing about a persons ‎ability to learn to control a racing car in the same type of situations.:whistling:
And you know that based on what? Wishful thinking? Evidence or arguments of yours like this are just getting ignored. As usual here the accusation that the one you disagree "obviously dont know what you are talking about", let us see about that:
You can't even read your the article you posted. You are the hilarious here at this very moment.
Maybe you should because exactly it says "IQ tests begin to assess this by measuring short- and long-term memory." followed by your bs: "And correlated to F1 then IQ tells absolutely nothing about a persons ‎ability to learn to control a racing car in the same type of situations".

In the scientific psychological world the IQ concept is both out of date and considered rather ridiculous.
Hehe it only does say something about someones ability to solve a simple IQ test. :laugh::laugh:
[PICTURE REMOVED]
And again you claim something which you have no evidence, on the contrary, in scientific world IQ tests are very established and the best we have got sofar, nobody has come up with anything better.

I also wanna make it very clear that this is the authors conclusion of several journals, only 1 of them is directly IQ related, the article's conclusion seems for me mostly not based on scientific facts. The article has flaws at many points, the biggest one is the claim is that the tests are culturally biased, which they are not (scientifically proven) and inter-correlation helped a lot to achieve that.
For me the article can thereby not be taken seriously, if you got something fundamentally so wrong.

IQ tests are by no means simple, most are quite complex. You seem to have no idea and just spread bullshit because the test does NOT produce the results you dream of and you can't take the facts.

P.s.
You still think females don't have a big disadvantage?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't interested in that topic but I have to admit how amazing it is to read posts from a lot of racing fans and "experts" forgetting that this is just a business and that there are much more about a specific driver than his historical results.

As when you're interviewing a candidate for a job, for sure you think about his career record, but much more important, you try to understand his potential and what he may bring to your company. Tatiana must have some qualities we are not aware of, (which would give the team a competitive advantage), or potential skills in need for development with the right people (she fits the crew).

She may be also a tool, as a woman, to get more audience for the F2 category and maybe later for F1's. No more women on the starting grid, ok, let's put girls in the cars!

We absolutely have no idea about why this driver is finding her way while other drivers just can't, as any driver who makes his way through F1 without being a champion. Thanks to money? She's for sure not the only driver able to bring money in the whole world. A fine a**? Well, she's not the typical over the top (boring) beauty.

Maybe it would be more interesting to try to understand the reasons she has been chosen for, as a driver before stating easy negative arguments and clichés. She may be a consistent driver, an asset to prepare cars, a cautious driver (fast drivers are not always the best solution if they have a huge ego and a tendancy to take risks ; not all team can afford or manage such drivers), only those who work with her know...

Each team as its own objective, which for some is absolutely not about winning a championship but about improvements. Each team manages people ; and people work with... people, including drivers ; a team has to find the right driver to fit its people ; you know, like in a... "Team". It's not that easy to find the right person, and in this business taking a risk can cost a lot of money.

At the end that's just a job. She got a good job, congratulations ; she will have to show results, that's it.
But with the attitude of many people, she's got a lot more pressure than most of the male drivers on the grid... Imagine you're in her position and you're reading all of the negative comments here. Not sure any human being, being a man or a woman, would be able to handle such pressure. I just hope she doesn't care and just does her job. So, good luck Tatiana!

Is it me, or is Abbie Eaton, the Grand Tour test driver, visibly more on the ragged edge this season? We all know smooth and steady is faster, but maybe does not make great TV.

But with the attitude of many people, she's got a lot more pressure than most of the male drivers on the grid... Imagine you're in her position and you're reading all of the negative comments here. Not sure any human being, being a man or a woman, would be able to handle such pressure. I just hope she doesn't care and just does her job. So, good luck Tatiana!
There is a rather easy solution of that.
Thats the solution Kevin Magnussen has chosen.
He never read anything about himself on the socalled social medias.
He just has someone from his staff who scans the medias to check if something really untrue pops up(!) that has to be taken care of.:D
If not then haters and journalists can write what they want - because he never read it.:roflmao:
Hehe a lot of journalists is pretty frustrated about this because they can almost never get him to react on stuff from the medias.
Because he has a job to do;)

If a female race driver is as good as their male counterparts she has every right to race F1.
Have no gender bias whatsoever regarding any job in racing.
But looking at the previous results she will not have enough points for a super-license to drive a F1 car.
End of discussion, no F1 for her.
Or she somehow becomes a few seconds faster out of nowhere and start winning races and championships to start collection points for her license.

I will stay skeptical, ever since Hamilton was breathing heavily in the GP of Barcelona.

Women have somewhere around 10 - 30% physical disadvantage (WR in sprint, marathon, weight lifting) in physical based sports, which Formula 1 is nowadays. These drivers do not only have to endure the heavy g-Forces for up to 2 hours straight, they still need to be extremely concentrated, partially taking care of strategy and manage successful battles. Women would also need to cope with menstruation which will overlap with GP weekends which has a significant impact on their performance. Women also have a disadvantage when it comes to intelligence as statistically women are more common in the middle, but less at both (ps. above 115) intelligent and retarded, which makes men outnumber them by nature when the task prefers higher IQ (which motorsports does).

Additionally as a result of that there are many reservations to start with so women are already uncommon in beginner tiers and this makes it very very very unlikely that women these days do make it to Formula 1.

TL;DR It is very unlikely that women will make it into Formula 1, but I could imagine that 1 will make it again one day.
Personally I wouldn't mind, as long as Formula 1 will always about the best of the best and not people that are there because they paid money or got in because of political reasons.
Not sure why people are disagreeing with this comment as everything he has said is true :/

There is a rather easy solution of that.
Thats the solution Kevin Magnussen has chosen.
He never read anything about himself on the socalled social medias.
He just has someone from his staff who scans the medias to check if something really untrue pops up(!) that has to be taken care of.:D
If not then haters and journalists can write what they want - because he never read it.:roflmao:
Hehe a lot of journalists is pretty frustrated about this because they can almost never get him to react on stuff from the medias.
Because he has a job to do;)
Well, that's a good idea. Maybe others need hate and rage to get the best of themselves. Really a question of personnality. But in the case of tatiana she faces more than what's male drivers are facing.

In all cases there's something unfair. She's said to be inferior as a woman but she has to prove she's not inferior and she also has to try to get good results as any driver has to. The other drivers just have the second part of the expectations to deal with...

I think its a very realistic target to have a 50/50 gender mix on the grind in say 10 years time. The sport has evolved in many many ways, some good but sadly many others not so good. So why not encourage more women into the sport. There is simply too much male domination in the sport and not just F1.

I think its a very realistic target to have a 50/50 gender mix on the grind in say 10 years time. The sport has evolved in many many ways, some good but sadly many others not so good. So why not encourage more women into the sport. There is simply too much male domination in the sport and not just F1.
ridiculous, discounting all the opinions about talent, the interest in motorsport will never be 50/50 between the sexes

Haha, threads about female racers always brings out the worst in people and mods busy with banning/modding :D
Its quite simple; either you have the talent and race equal to the men, or you do a Stroll.
Maybe with some relevance because I just found this about the recent all-female No. 57 Meyer Shank Racing participating in the Daytona Beach race.
http://www.michaelshankracing.com/i...r-racing-all-female-team-on-pole-at-the-roar/

Daytona Beach Fla. (9 January 2018) – The Heinricher Racing Caterpillar all-female led No. 57 Meyer Shank Racing (MSR) Acura NSX GT3 Evo set the fastest time in qualifying on Saturday after the Brazilian driver, Bia Figueiredo posted a 1:45.537-second flyer in her first-ever qualifying effort in the Acura NSX.

Heinricher Racing featured its all-female line up in the No. 57 MSR Acura NSX GT3 Evo led by Katherine Legge, Bia Figueiredo, Simona De Silvestro and two-time IMSA champion, Christina Nielsen.

http://www.michaelshankracing.com/i...icher-racing-acura-fought-forward-at-daytona/

The Jackie Heinricher-led effort paired Katherine Legge, Christina Nielsen, Bia Figueiredo (Ana Beatriz) and Simona De Silvestro for the Rolex 24’s first all-female entry in 25 years.
With 24 hours of racing ahead, Figueiredo made her first-ever Rolex 24 start, laying down clean laps prior to a lap 64 hand off to Nielsen.
The two-time IMSA champion showed her strength with a strong run on the lead lap to best position the team for pit strategy.

One of several upswings of the race was highlighted by Legge’s ambitious drive to the front.
After receiving the car in 11th, Legge charged to the front of the field and brought the No. 57 machine to third before handing the car off to De Silvestro.

The final red flag was thrown at 12:39pm on Sunday and unfortunately the field would not see the green flag again as the No. 57 team settled with 13th.
Although the result was not reflective of the team’s strength or pace, the teamwork and strength that was produced was exemplary.

I struggling to understand why I was quoted in that? Was it because you think I talked down on women in motorsport? I certainly do not, they belong there just as much as the men. Beatriz and de Silvestro I dont see going anywhere, Beatriz peaked long ago and is nowhere today, de silvestro likewise has been a nobody since her Atlantic days, but both Legge and Nielsen have had credible results recently. But none of them have anywhere near F1 ability.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 4 2.2%