Ferrari 312T - Was it possible?

Matej Lakota

Sriple Tix
Great driving, amazing lap time, but did anybody in real life ever shift that way, from 4th directly to 1st gear, with H shifter and heel/toe, without engine or gearbox failure? Or in 0.8 that kind of damage for this car hasn˙t been evolved yet?
Thanks.

So just to add to the discussion. This reminds me of something my father told me when I was learning to ride motorcycles, and later, karting. (I never did get much karting in :cry:)

Português- "Para de tentar impor regras no carro (motocicleta). Ele não vai seguir a suas regras. Ele vai te dizer o que ele quer, você tem que ouvir e trabalhar com ele. Quanto mais cedo você aprender isso, mais fácil será para você domar o carro (motocicleta)."

English- "Stop trying to impose your rules onto the car (motorcycle). It will not follow your rules. It will tell you what it wants, you have to listen and work with it. The sooner you learn this the easier it will be for you to tame the car (motorcycle)."

If its not hurting the car, breaking racing rules, and/or not exploiting the laws of physics ;), go ahead! It does bug me when some people in sim racing do something that would be impossible in real life. But if its possible, more power to you! Its just a matter of knowing what you're doing and doing it right!

All this coming from a right and left foot braker and double downshifter (Ooh, the controversies! :p)

I've spent a bit of time in the car but I'm not the greatest at setting it up. Ive done low 56's with the default and higher downforce and modified gears. I'd be interested in some of the parameters you changed. Any tips ?
Hi Dragos, I'm afraid when it comes to setups I'm not much help. The lap in the video was done with default setup except for changing front camber to -2.5 (and lowering fuel). I later increased camber some more to -3.0 front and -2.0 rear. It felt like I got a little more temperature into the tires and better mid-turn grip, but it might have just been a result of more practice. :p I did a 55.0 with that, but I haven't touched any suspension, damper or diff settings. Higher downforce is probably the way to go, and any setting to get more heat in the fronts (without wrecking something else) would probably help.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%