Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

It was clearly announced up front that Mugello and Nurburgring would sell for 9,90 each. I think they already make a nice gesture by offering a pack for a lower price for those that enter the academy later.

OK, how about everyone hold out... until 1 month after the ring is released. They will offer two for one!

I liked the game, bought it straight out. Didn't mind paying... but for them to offer such low price in less than 1 month is a slap in our face. No discount for returning customers only new customers... not a good business plan!

Well i don't know what to say...really... As i said before i though initially of FVA as a free promotion for things to come...I mean 1 car and a hotlap on 1 track ? Even demos usually offer more than that.

At that time everyone thought that this is just a start and more tracks will come for free so a lot of people bought it to support the dev(s).But now with actually having to buy each track i am left speechless...I mean for god's shake when in the main page it advertises with huge letters that there is a special price for 2 tracks of 20 euro then you know something is not right..
My only hope is that profits will help netkar's development and also FVA content eventually finds its way to netkar.

I finally got to race on this new track a bit. After around 20-something laps... and about 5 or 6 clean laps, haha, I managed to do a 1,20.943. I hope I can get down to the 1,19's, I think I'd be happy with that. Losing most of my time in the second and third sector.

This track is definitely a lot more fun to drive than Fiorano. But also a lot easier to find yourself facing the wrong direction, heh.

1:20,151

But my top speed is only 294 km/h...Alonso reached 297 km/h, and when I watched the currently fastest lap on youtube, he reached 298 km/h. I don't think, that it affect the lap time very much, but I would like to know, where can be the problem?

1:20,151

But my top speed is only 294 km/h...Alonso reached 297 km/h, and when I watched the currently fastest lap on youtube, he reached 298 km/h. I don't think, that it affect the lap time very much, but I would like to know, where can be the problem?

Yeah, that's what I noticed too when looking at telemetry. I guess the secret is how you come out of the last corner onto the start/finish straight. But then again it really seems like the car is just not accelerating after it reaches around 290 km/h.

p.s. Seems like you managed to improve a bit - you're just ahead of me in the standings, heh. My current best is 1,19.974.

Way too hard to drive now.
I spin 4-5 times per lap....but could run around Fiorano without a problem.
Looks like they fear the opinion of crazy hardcore simmers and raised the diff level.
I'll give this some more time, but I'll be ****ed if I'm gonna waste hrs just trying to do one clean lap.

Anyone know how the diff and engine brake settings work.. As in how they affect the way the car handles. E.g. is setting 1 on the EX diff lock or loose under power or coast. And is engine map 1 lock or loose with throttle off. ??? I haven't had a chance to test it out for myself yet.

Yeah I’ve just been lapping with the default settings (as changing the diff’ made things worse), although I haven‘t played around with them that much :) I actually prefer how the car feels in this version, and if anything it could be a little more hardcore :p

From the start people saw the bit for discount codes, so it was obvious there would be promotions at some point, and on the first day it was stated (albeit in Italian and later English) how much the additional tracks would cost. I thought FVA was a free promo for a few minutes, until seeing the real-world tracks, then it was obvious they were going to charge.

The trofeo 500 Abarth was free because it included the fictional tracks from netKar PRO. It remains to be seen what will happen after the Ferrari virtual academy 2010 ends, but it doesn’t make sense from Ferrari’s point of view to allow the release of the content for nKPro, particularly IF they plan on repeating the academy next year like GT academy did (as it would undermine their product).

Something is f..ked up with the gearing, stay in 6th gear all the way down to T1 and you´ll reach 297-298 kph.

My PB is 1.19.407, if i could manage to combine all my best splits i would be around 1.19.1xx.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 260 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 210 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 144 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 63 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%