Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

Isn't that normal (a lack of acceleration in top gear)?

Normal in the sense that you get the lowest acceleration in 7th gear. But not normal as in you can reach a higher speed in 6th gear than in 7th on this track. Especially since you get into the red zone in the 6th gear a little bit past half of the start/finish straight.

p.s. Managed to improve down to 1,19.608. Staying in 6th on the straight definitely helps - I think it gives you around 0.1s judging by my first sector time.

I've been playing with the diff settings yesterday a little bit. And while my fastest lap was set with the default settings, I found I was able to lap more consistently and very close to my fastest lap time with higher diff settings (both on 7)... which I think the diff in is already at 7 by default, but diff ex is at 5 if I'm not mistaken now.

So twenty people are faster than you (Alonso (even Jesus if you look at the rank :p)) + one who matched his time exactly which must be very annoying :)
WORLD
ITALY​
1 Martin Kronke
Lorenzo Ferraris​
2 Renato Turelli
Andrea Amorosi​
3 Edward Dunford
Tommaso Carlá​
4 Sven Tremmel
Alex Piccolo​
5 Javer Jurado
Paolo Pitera​
6 Joao Nunes
Emanuele Zerbinati​
7 Mario Martinez Garcia
Marco Dugan​
8 Jon Tanko
Marco Milio​
9 Marc Gassner
Matteo Vecchioni​
10 Philippe Villeneuve Simard
Gianfranco Pagoto​

Hah, I knew some bellend would come along and give it a 1, how very grown up (you should be pleased with yourself sir) :)

Played this at my friends house, it's fantastic!!

He did a 1:19:8 (55th in rankings currently)
I did 1:20:7 (on his profile so didn't count) but this is a brilliant game and a fantastic track, love the 4 corners you can take flatout, great fun!

actually thats legal within the game rules, you can go wide there still making a valid lap, what seems not so legal is to use hacks which stops the stopwatch and keep shifts in neutral and of course i suppose give you extra grip

i paid for a fair contest just to win a ferrari cap but seems the caps just will go to cheaters

i remember having played at least 2000 hours in live for speed in the same circuit same car

my personal best was 2.5 seconds from world record

i thought i sucked

then i played gtr evolution and got a ghost car world record myself

i realized in lfs there was cheating went to the forum to ask and got banned

then i tried f1 2010

to find out people use cheat mods that give you 200% grip

i try this game and people are 1.5 seconds faster than the real massa

white and in a bottle

Going wide there is blatently cheating and to be honest he should have the lap disqualified. The guy is holding the top spot at the moment (and the video for it on YT shows him going even further off track). I cant really tell if theres any cheating going on in terms of hacking for car performance, i'm not sure if its possible. I guess watching that video does explain to me how people managed to be 1.5 seconds faster than my fastest time (i estimated the best i could get was a 56.9 with my best sectors, before i gave up on it) . He clearly drives very good but he also clearly cheats and gains extra speed by not having to slow down and instead going full throttle over the runoff area.

going wide is valid within the ferrari sim rules, ferraris, not your personal rules

now hacking proved in all time neutral shift and stopped stopwatch not

edit:

and he should not have the lap disqualified for going wide, which everybody can do legally within the game rules

but because the shift is constantly in neutral and the stopwacth is stopped which proves the game is altered,that can only done by cheaters

I doubt ferrari will be saying "yes come to our academy with your wonderful driving skills" if they saw that, just because you can exploit the game without it knowing, doesn't make it within the rules. How is being in N gear or the stopwatch not running hacking? we all saw he drove the lap, and we all saw it was fast, for all we know it could be a bug with the replay options.

havent you seen raplays?

thats not a replay but recorded live with some recording program

in his altered game gears always at n and the stop wacth stopped

Running wide is cheating there to me as well.... So what if the game allows it rules of racing state two wheels need to be inside the white lines. The whole Neutrol gear thing could be a glitch in his replay - he hasn't stated that his lap was recorded live. He does seem to have alot of traction but that may well be speculating, - hes quick so explanations are needed as to why he is. Where has hacking been proved? Apart from the running wide at turn 3 theres nothing clearly wrong with it to me.

of course theres no definite evidence

i can as well think i suck and the top guys at live for speed excelled being myself 2.5 sec slower afetr 2000 hours on same combo

as well i can think this guys who beat alonso and massa by one second and a half exceell and alonso and massa suck

perspective of wetahers theres cheating or not is a matter of self confidence

i bet alonso is thinking he doesnt deserve the world championship cause there are guys 1.5 seconds faster than him at what he does best

actually even though cheating is massive with softawre i can have a joust duel with massa alonso and fisichella so this sim has actually found the best way to make a honest game besides massive cheating

also the neutral shift and stopped stopwatch never seen it in my game

we are clearly playing different games, if theres a bug the bugs for everybody

is not fair these people are getting the ferrari caps

the contest is not fair the top time has an altered game as can be seen in the video himslef stupidly provided

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 474 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 138 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.8%
Back