Ferrari "Wrong" to Think They Are Faster Than Mercedes

it's pre-season bay: "you'll win" "oh, no milord, you'so clever, you'll win", "pardon me, i worship your teams, you all, you will win"....in season: "you stole our plans, you f****** b****"

Who cares!... It'll be the same BS F1 procession as it has been since the hybrid came to be, how boring.:rolleyes:

Not so fast. I think with the changes to the wing regulations, following other cars will be easier. We did see overtakes last year on most tracks, so even a small critical improvement to following another car could possibly result in a big increase in overtakes.

And more importantly, there is now a wider DRS opening boosting the DRS power by about 25%, which I think may make overtaking actually too easy, but we'll find out soon.

Reverse grids and wet tracks :x3:
Ban pit radios, make them text with their iphones instead and they have to answer 5 fan questions a race ....... :unsure: lol
Too bad you were joking, there were some quite revolutionary ideas there. :)
If I can name one too... that would be to lessen number of pit crew, like in Nascar, it would serve the purpose of excitement and also without a doubt those guys will make more mistakes, which will also add another fun element there. :D
One guy for front tires, another for back ones, then they run on the other side and change others. Fun isn't it ? :) And not like these robotic pit stops where everyone just makes a few inches movements. ugh. Not to mention that there's a much bigger chances for someone to get hurt when you have 12 guys instead of 2 just for tires. For each team. =P

Last edited:
Which is exactly why it's boring!

I have three days at Phillip Island watching real Formula 1 racing cars including a pair of 186 Ferrari Turbos and a Beatrice Lola, along with numerous early 'Grand Prix' cars. Added bonus, Lola T70s and several Porsche 956/962's.
They not only look and sound great, they smell fantastic.
Plus it's the 60th anniversary of Formula Ford and the boys are racing as hard as they did way back in 1969.
Grand Prix next weekend?
I could care less.
:roflmao:

Not so fast. I think with the changes to the wing regulations, following other cars will be easier. We did see overtakes last year on most tracks, so even a small critical improvement to following another car could possibly result in a big increase in overtakes.

And more importantly, there is now a wider DRS opening boosting the DRS power by about 25%, which I think may make overtaking actually too easy, but we'll find out soon.
DRS was a band aid fix to a downforce addiction that got out of control. If they wish to improve overtaking then remove 50% of the wings aero and add 50% ground affect downforce, then we'd see some awesome overtaking take place.
I guess we will have to wait and see if the wing changes have the ability to create more overtakes, I'm skeptical tbh.

Last edited:
I have three days at Phillip Island watching real Formula 1 racing cars including a pair of 186 Ferrari Turbos and a Beatrice Lola, along with numerous early 'Grand Prix' cars. Added bonus, Lola T70s and several Porsche 956/962's.
They not only look and sound great, they smell fantastic.
Plus it's the 60th anniversary of Formula Ford and the boys are racing as hard as they did way back in 1969.
Grand Prix next weekend?
I could care less.
:roflmao:
You lucky so and so, lol. Im a flaggy at Barbagallo, and there's nothing better than the historic formula races, as you say, their fast, loud and smell like REAL race cars should. Their one category I do look forward to.

RR009134.JPG

For Andrew.
A real Formula 1 car.
;)

Last edited:
The cars are both fast but airo is different. Some tracks suite Mercedes and others suite Ferrari. Mix in the politics of the race and you will find both teams going for the tittle with maybe a Red Bull or even a Racing point car.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 110 69.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 20.9%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 20.9%