FFB Anti-Clip

Apps FFB Anti-Clip 1.2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
FFBClip shows up in content manager\python apps but, yours does not. I do see it in the apps in game. I take it is therefore enabled and should I only use only of these apps or can Irun both together?

Thanks
Lua apps don't have separate tab in Content Manager and come always enabled. I honestly don't know how these two would work together but they do change the same value, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad. I see no reason to use both though.

Hi, ever since you upgraded to version 1.2 I have enjoyed your app so much because using a humble G29 it is critical for me that the steering wheel does not go into Clipping.
I wanted to ask you if it would be possible to implement an option where it would be possible to limit the "Max Torque" because as you know every steering wheel (whether belt drive or Direct Drive) have their own parameters in maximum Nm that you can at least respect.
Also a little graph where it shows in real time if you are clipping the steering wheel would not be bad at all.
Thank you

Hi, ever since you upgraded to version 1.2 I have enjoyed your app so much because using a humble G29 it is critical for me that the steering wheel does not go into Clipping.
I wanted to ask you if it would be possible to implement an option where it would be possible to limit the "Max Torque" because as you know every steering wheel (whether belt drive or Direct Drive) have their own parameters in maximum Nm that you can at least respect.
Also a little graph where it shows in real time if you are clipping the steering wheel would not be bad at all.
Thank you
As far as i could find, Lua apps don't get information about the torque of the wheel. It's just a scale from 0 to 100% (and beyond, which is clipping). Lower the target down if you want lower forces is my advise. I have lowered mine to 70% to avoid overheating of my T300RS, and it's been doing a great job, even though it takes a lap or two for it to adapt to a new car.

Could you tell me what was wrong with the code, when it was crashing with CSP xxxxx.79 I had the perfect settings but then it suddenly stopped working

I have no knowledge of assetto Corsa scripting but I do know some lua

Last edited:
Thanks for the effort, I guess I am getting more smoother feeling and ffb but I have some questions :
Does your app effects the ffb and calibrates it only during the gameplay(driving) ? also does it update(overwrite) FFB setting and I had previously? Is it live prcessing app or can we get any ffb file export or etc after it does the analysis ?? Thanks

Thanks for the effort, I guess I am getting more smoother feeling and ffb but I have some questions :
Does your app effects the ffb and calibrates it only during the gameplay(driving) ? also does it update(overwrite) FFB setting and I had previously? Is it live prcessing app or can we get any ffb file export or etc after it does the analysis ?? Thanks
Its basically live adjusting the same car FFB value that you can adjust with Num+ Num- keys yourself, and it does that while driving by reading the current FFB percentage over a period of time, which is why it needs some driving done to figure out where it should be.

Could you tell me what was wrong with the code, when it was crashing with CSP xxxxx.79 I had the perfect settings but then it suddenly stopped working

I have no knowledge of assetto Corsa scripting but I do know some lua
Why are you still using CSP 1.79....

Honestly, I like this implementation more. FFBclip completely butchers older cars when the weight transfers to the front tyres under braking.

Your app slowly starts understanding the car and gets rid of the annoying peaks FFBclip would give me because of one corner.

I like it

@Velve666 Yea that was kinda the idea... Don't try so hard to eliminate all clipping, but mostly care about the consistent and persistent clipping. And also make the changes slowly and smoothly so the change is not as noticeable. At the cost of it taking a lap or two to figure the car out.

@Velve666 Yea that was kinda the idea... Don't try so hard to eliminate all clipping, but mostly care about the consistent and persistent clipping. And also make the changes slowly and smoothly so the change is not as noticeable. At the cost of it taking a lap or two to figure the car out.
It's really good. I spent most of the evening testing modded cars and that's actually what led me to your app. You have made them driveable and a few hours ago I was not enjoying driving and now I am. Really a great idea, and I love that it saves configs too.

Is there a possibility to save a car config as opposed to a car/track config in the future? As an option maybe.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%