Force Feedback Issue - no detail

Just got ACC yesterday and as soon as I started driving I noticed that most of the FFB detail is missing from the wheel.
Compared to AC, where there is a sensation for ABS, Slip, Curbs, and Road feel, in ACC I only can feel curbs and road, and can change it with the road feel setting. Is there any way to enable the other two, or is there some problem with my game?
Ive tried reinstalling the game, adjusting all the settings both in-game and in the thrustmaster controller with no luck.
Without the slip, I can't feel the car understeering and sliding and it's impossible to drive. Confused as to why this is happening when AC works perfectly.
For context, I have a Thrustmaster T150 RS. Any suggestions would help, thanks!

Yep, I'm afraid that ACC does not have the detailed FFB of AC. That's the reason I don't play it plus I find the tyre model overly sensitive to temps. You can fiddle with all the settings forever but you will never get it as good as AC.

I agree the FFB in AC is great, however some people think ACC's FFB is very informative. Each to their own I suppose. I think it depends on what your have been playing beforehand as once experienced really detailed FFB there's no going back to games like ACC and iracing imo. Which lack the detail you are used to. Also a lot of sim racers drive by vision and endless repetition rather than the "seat of pants feel" your get through the steering wheel. Which although you don't get those feeling through the wheel IRL they allow to feel the limit of the car.

Hope that helps.

• Deleted member 197115

It might boil down to the hardware used.
I can only speak from DD wheel perspective and ACC has much more detailed information which is delivered may be in too subtle for lower torque consumer wheels way.
AC on the other hand can exaggerates fewer things it has to the extreme.
It actually becomes more difficult to continue appreciating once king of the hill AC FFB after getting used to ACC way.
But again, FFB is a very subjective thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might boil down to the hardware used.
I can only speak from DD wheel perspective and ACC has much more detailed information which is delivered may be in too subtle for lower torque consumer wheels way.
AC on the other hand can exaggerates fewer things it has to the extreme.
It actually becomes more difficult to continue appreciating once king of the hill AC FFB after getting used to ACC way.
But again, FFB is a very subjective thing

I would not make the mistake of spending huge amounts of money on a DD wheelbase, thinking that it will be a total game changer. I used a logi g27 then switched to a simucube 2 pro. And I was somewhat disappointed with the results. Yes the SC2 is better in that it is smoother, stronger, has lower latency but the detail it gives is not that much more than a well tuned in g27. I was surprised about this. At the end of the day better hardware can't improve things much when the software more determines the results. Just my opinion.

• Deleted member 197115

It's a pretty shocking admission to be honest and does not reflect my own or most SC2 users experience at all.
There was only one guy I remember claiming that his T300 "had better details" with some titles, you are not him by any chance?
And yes, DD wheels do not add new information, but they can accentuate and enhance whatever is already there to the point where things that were almost absent on other wheels become much more prominent.
Granted that some profiles in the wild can have so much dampening that they kill that effect altogether.

It's a pretty shocking admission to be honest and does not reflect my own or most SC2 users experience at all.
There was only one guy I remember claiming that his T300 "had better details" with some titles, you are not him by any chance?
And yes, DD wheels do not add new information, but they can accentuate and enhance whatever is already there to the point where things that were almost absent on other wheels become much more prominent.
Granted that some profiles in the wild can have so much dampening that they kill that effect altogether.
Not me. I had a g27. I'm not saying the SC2 is not better. Just don't expect it to totally change the FFB in a sim. Like U say it will improve on what's already there. But I found after doing a lot of research on how to set up a low end wheel correctly even they can give good FFB. But really this thread is about ACC's FFB so I'm just saying don't expect if u buy a DD wheelbase its going to make ACC like AC's FFB.

Well regardless of your wheel, people have complained about the lack of detail in ACC. I looked into a program called ACCFFB which is supposed to add in that "seat of the pants" effect but I can't seem to get it to work. Give it a try because people rave about how good it makes the game feel, especially if you have a DD wheel.
Here's a vid explaining it and how to install it:

Well regardless of your wheel, people have complained about the lack of detail in ACC. I looked into a program called ACCFFB which is supposed to add in that "seat of the pants" effect but I can't seem to get it to work. Give it a try because people rave about how good it makes the game feel, especially if you have a DD wheel.
Here's a vid explaining it and how to install it:
Yes, that's my point, having a better wheel is not going to make ACC much better. I've seen ACCFFB before. It's a reworked version of IRFFB for iracing. Tried it in iracing but could not get it to work probably and it was a bit buggy. Then again I still think iracing's tyre model is still abysmal. Don't play these games anymore anyway. Discovered RRE which I think has great FFB and physics.

I agree, though still tweaking the ffb as only had the game a few days (CSL ELITE).

imo the ffb is ok/good enough, but nothing special; I also find there's a lot of detail missing coming through the wheel. I'm finding I'm replying as much on what I'm seeing as I'm feeling, if not more.

I need to hook-up my shakers to the game, see if there's any extra detail coming through those, see if that makes up for the wheel.

As a comparison, I've taken 911 GT3 around Snetts in both AMS2 and ACC. Although I find the handling surprisingly similar, I find I get much more (and better) detail from AMS2 than I do in ACC.

I read somewhere that part of the reason for the lack of detail in ACC is that they choose to use a physics model (with no canned effects) in this game. The thing is, so have Raceroom, and the ffb for their 911 is also much more detailed.

Overtime I've learned that (as long as I enjoy a sim) I just work with any game's ffb.

For me, while I don't really rate the ffb in ACC, it's good enough and I enjoy the game enough that I'll learn to drive with it.

Apparently the Accuforce software FFB from physics for ACC is actually pretty good, so the simulation is all there and well done its just not translated into the wheel movements well. The problem is being well verses in AC and RF2 FFB is that everything else feels worse in comparison and ACC's very bland and lacking communication is just irritating when it comes from the same company that produced the amazing results of AC.

The thing is the GT4s feel a little better so I think at least some of it is due to the cars.

But you either get stuck playing just one game or you learn to live with it.

• Deleted member 197115

Add tactile and you are set. Best physics based steering rack force feedback coupled with all the road and other SOTP effects coming from transducers using excellent ACC telemetry.
Nothing on the market comes close, using DD wheel like Simucube 2 helps immensely too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 59 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 32 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%