Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

No, it's not just de ferrucio, it's the Formula sea, the LMprotosaurius, the Ford focus, focus is what you need to do on some projects like this one hehe,
jokes apart we'll just have to for this lovely van
Of course, those projects you mention was what i was referring to when i said "I got involved in a few other projects". Projects that involve other people (all of the ones you listed minus the Focus) always take priority.

Without them I believe this thing could have been finished, though as always the experience gained through those aforementioned projects mean that when I do eventually complete this one, it'll be far better quality than it otherwise would have been (example, the tyres now vs what they would have been).

Lol, interior looks awful but despite that its still a hoot in VR - the driving position feels awesome, towering above the Corkscrew :D

Still love the idea of this mod. The thing that jumped out at me (which says more about me than your work) is the view, or lack of, of the nearside mirror. Is that a function of the way VR is implemented, to avoid seeing the head? From the exterior shots the driver appears to be in the right place but from driver's eye view maybe too far forward.

I won't expect you to make this your top priority

Still love the idea of this mod. The thing that jumped out at me (which says more about me than your work) is the view, or lack of, of the nearside mirror. Is that a function of the way VR is implemented, to avoid seeing the head? From the exterior shots the driver appears to be in the right place but from driver's eye view maybe too far forward.

I won't expect you to make this your top priority
It sort of depends, you can place 'your head' wherever you like in VR much like you can on a single screen. Was it set too far forward? Possibly, though usually when I enter in VR i reset the view so the head sits above the shoulders, so should be more or less in the correct position.

I didn't mind it ingame, I could definitely see it (view with the headset on is a bit different than a capture like that, seeing in stereo), though the mirrors in AC aren't really suited to vertical (taller than they are wide) mirrors like in this car, so even with a clear view they are not terribly useful anyway.

I'll double check everything when I move into the interior, making sure the seat is the correct scale/position with camera matching.

It sort of depends, you can place 'your head' wherever you like in VR much like you can on a single screen. Was it set too far forward? Possibly, though usually when I enter in VR i reset the view so the head sits above the shoulders, so should be more or less in the correct position.

I didn't mind it ingame, I could definitely see it (view with the headset on is a bit different than a capture like that, seeing in stereo), though the mirrors in AC aren't really suited to vertical (taller than they are wide) mirrors like in this car, so even with a clear view they are not terribly useful anyway.

I'll double check everything when I move into the interior, making sure the seat is the correct scale/position with camera matching.

It's just I know how much effort goes into making sure you can actually see something in the mirrors. There's regulations for field of view. That's what prompted the question. I don't think it will affect the playability if it's obscurred.

RMbPnJSh.jpg

RPV5AKVh.jpg

ersP6E1h.jpg

07O1LvSh.jpg

Ha only pulling your leg really!
I will take a few snaps of the next mk6 low roof that comes into the workshop though if you want.
They are pretty smooth anyway but with few lines and shapes for sunroof cutout..

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%