AC Ford vs Ferrari @ Historic Laguna Seca 60s - Monday Oct 2

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

dbx71

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the Monday Night US RD Race Club!
Screenshot_ks_ford_gt40_laguna_seca_historic_19-8-123-6-44-4.jpg

This one needs no explanation:
Ford GT40 + Ferrari 330 P4 + 60s version of Laguna Seca = Epic Historic Racing Action. What is left to say?

It's on, let's roll!

This event will be hosted by @dbx71

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/028087f0-1903-429b-b3fe-afb399fb89f4?server=6

using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.

• 18:00 PDT | 20:00 CDT | 45 minutes - Official Practice
  • 18:45 PDT | 20:45 CDT | 30 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:15 PDT | 21:15 CDT | 2x 25 min Race 1 and 2
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars
    • Ford GT40 (Kunos)
    • Ferrari 330 P4 (Kunos)
  • Track: Laguna Seca 60s https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/laguna-seca-60s.61923/
  • Pit stop: Not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_330_p4_laguna_seca_historic_19-8-123-6-50-9.jpg

Last edited:
The last event was fun even with only four of us. I thought I wouldn't be able to join this one, but looking over my itinerary, I should be back from my flight with time to spare.

I do seem to have some issues with logging into Emperor. If I could get a new password I would appreciate it. I'm not sure if this is somehow browser related or my password manager but I'll definitely sign up when I'm able to, after choosing a car, and make sure I can log in going forward.

The last event was fun even with only four of us. I thought I wouldn't be able to join this one, but looking over my itinerary, I should be back from my flight with time to spare.

I do seem to have some issues with logging into Emperor. If I could get a new password I would appreciate it. I'm not sure if this is somehow browser related or my password manager but I'll definitely sign up when I'm able to, after choosing a car, and make sure I can log in going forward.
that's great news. looking forward to seeing you there. i will ask @HF2000 to look into your Emperor account situation, maybe reset it, or set you up with new one???

that's great news. looking forward to seeing you there. i will ask @HF2000 to look into your Emperor account situation, maybe reset it, or set you up with new one???
I created the Emperor account with username Sean Armstrong because that was his RaceDepartment name.
Now I see you are using Two Hands so I will create/change the account to that username and PM you with the new credentials.

Last edited:
I'm getting a weird error trying to access the practice server: Error Can't Compare Checksum

I'm looking into it, but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

I'm getting a weird error trying to access the practice server: Error Can't Compare Checksum

I'm looking into it, but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.
Do you have Sol and Crew Chief installed? I think I have those as required plug ins. Also maybe make sure you have the correct and latest track and cars installed…

Last edited:
Do you have Sol and Crew Chief installed? I think I have those as required plug ins. Also maybe make sure you have the correct and latest track and cars installed…
I have no idea what could be causing it. To be sure I verified game cache in steam, reinstalled sol, csp and crew chief for good measure. I also removed and re-downloaded the track. I'm still getting the same error. I made sure I'm running crewchief before trying to join.

I think it has to be some sort of mismatch on my end of the track or car files. This is the only server I seem to be having trouble with. I might try a fresh install of AC tomorrow to see if that helps. Color me baffled.

I have no idea what could be causing it. To be sure I verified game cache in steam, reinstalled sol, csp and crew chief for good measure. I also removed and re-downloaded the track. I'm still getting the same error. I made sure I'm running crewchief before trying to join.

I think it has to be some sort of mismatch on my end of the track or car files. This is the only server I seem to be having trouble with. I might try a fresh install of AC tomorrow to see if that helps. Color me baffled.
hmmmm, that's weird. how about the other server i set up with the cobras at mosport? does that work for you?

Try activating WeatherFX in CSP with as WeatherScript setting SOL or Default. It's doesn't seem to work with PURE.

Try activating WeatherFX in CSP with as WeatherScript setting SOL or Default. It's doesn't seem to work with PURE.
So my ISPs timing is not great for testing. We're experiencing an outage that isn't supposed to be resolved for a few more hours so I am unable to do any testing, however I was able to check content manager and weatherfx was enabled and set to sol.

I did a bit of research with my phone for that specific error and found multiple examples where the server is running an older version of the track, which in some cases may not be available to download. Are you able to check which version the server is running?

The most recent release is v2.21. I do see that it looks like v2.2 and v2.11 appear to still be available to download in the history for the track. So if it is one of those versions, installing the correct version will likely fix it. That is once my home internet starts working again.

Edit: important info, I had v2.21 installed.

Last edited:
So my ISPs timing is not great for testing. We're experiencing an outage that isn't supposed to be resolved for a few more hours so I am unable to do any testing, however I was able to check content manager and weatherfx was enabled and set to sol.

I did a bit of research with my phone for that specific error and found multiple examples where the server is running an older version of the track, which in some cases may not be available to download. Are you able to check which version the server is running?

The most recent release is v2.21. I do see that it looks like v2.2 and v2.11 appear to still be available to download in the history for the track. So if it is one of those versions, installing the correct version will likely fix it. That is once my home internet starts working again.

Edit: important info, I had v2.21 installed.
Hi Sean, I just recently downloaded and installed this track. it’s version 2.21. I checked it on the server. That is the version currently running on the server.
Sorry to hear you’re having so much trouble with this one.
Does the same combo work offline for you?

Hi Sean, I just recently downloaded and installed this track. it’s version 2.21. I checked it on the server. That is the version currently running on the server.
Sorry to hear you’re having so much trouble with this one.
Does the same combo work offline for you?
It does indeed work offline with both cars.

Well I did some extensive troubleshooting and I'm still in the same boat. I have no idea what else I could even try at this point beyond a completely fresh install of windows. I have now tried completely removing all traces of AC, and content manager in both the game directory as well as documents and reinstalling on the drive it was on, and downloading a fresh copy of the track. The error persisted. To be even more thorough I did the same again and installed assetto corsa, content manger, etc on a different drive and still the issue persists.

I was curious so I tried connecting to a bunch of different online servers. This is the only server that is giving me any issues I could find. This is so bizarre.

Well I did some extensive troubleshooting and I'm still in the same boat. I have no idea what else I could even try at this point beyond a completely fresh install of windows. I have now tried completely removing all traces of AC, and content manager in both the game directory as well as documents and reinstalling on the drive it was on, and downloading a fresh copy of the track. The error persisted. To be even more thorough I did the same again and installed assetto corsa, content manger, etc on a different drive and still the issue persists.

I was curious so I tried connecting to a bunch of different online servers. This is the only server that is giving me any issues I could find. This is so bizarre.
Oh man! I feel really badly you’re having to spend so much time on trying to figure this out. Maybe I’ll just move this event to another server. I’d say don’t mess around with things on your end anymore.
I’ll move it over to server 7 which we used for the bridgehampton race or the US server I set up.

I’ll also compare the settings between the servers to see if there might be something different.
Stay tuned….

Last edited:
Oh man! I feel really badly you’re having to spend so much time on trying to figure this out. Maybe I’ll just move this event to another server. I’d say don’t mess around with things on your end anymore.
I’ll move it over to server 7 which we used for the bridgehampton race or the US server I set up.

I’ll also compare the settings between the servers to see if there might be something different.
Stay tuned….
You can configure it without the time multiplier and let Sean try again. If he has no trouble then we know it's because of that configuration.

ok, i set the time multipier to 0, like the other servers. i also turned off some kn5 checksum settings to match the other servers. i'm thinking this might be the source of the issues.
please give it another shot when you have a chance.
thanks.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 421 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.7%
Back