Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all,

Just wanted to ask you, the community your opinion. Now since 2015 when this model first appeared for us to all love and enjoy, the one major flaw has been its LHD. Now this is not real, as the Ginetta is by default RHD (even Pcars got this wrong) and they have the official license, but anyway.

I know we have all been used to the LHD version, so I am asking. Do you want both (LHD and RHD) for the new version, do you want RHD only.

If this was based on total realism only, then yes, you would get the RHD version only, but although based on realism, I also want the community to enjoy it, as they would like to drive it, so that is why I am asking.

Thanks for you input

Shaun

HI all, well the feedback is in, and I am not surprised, but also very surprised, and really positive, so just by watching the video, I have been given the pointers, and it's not many, but I have been told NOT to use Snetterton as the Geometry is totally wrong, and to use Donington @Brun credit to you mate, this came straight from a Ginetta Supercup driver

I now have gears for corners for Donington as he told me,so now off to do a couple of laps there, and see what he thinks

HI all, well the feedback is in, and I am not surprised, but also very surprised, and really positive, so just by watching the video, I have been given the pointers, and it's not many, but I have been told NOT to use Snetterton as the Geometry is totally wrong, and to use Donington @Brun credit to you mate, this came straight from a Ginetta Supercup driver

I now have gears for corners for Donington as he told me,so now off to do a couple of laps there, and see what he thinks
Does the telemetry you have include rpm and speed? Should be really easy to tell if the gear ratios are right from that...

Hi All,

Firstly I will apologise. I seriously didn't think it would go this far, but having @mclarenf1papa and now Ben Green testing, there has been some issues, as I would of expected, with a real Ginetta Supercup driver, giving me feed back, but it's positive. Ben Said, the car is fantastic, the RHD is Fantastic, the Dials (dashboard) is almost there, it handles really well, just an understeer issue, and the gearing, is slightly low (which I did expect), so he has given me his recommendations and I have implemented them, and sent it back for analysis.

As I said before, and all the creators before me, we have all tried in vain to get the correct ratios with the correct Final drive (information provided by Teams and Ginetta to me) and the others, but it just doesn't work.

So as suggested by Ben and @mclarenf1papa I have taken the approach of the correct Ratios, but having to raise / lower the Final Drive so it drives, gear by gear, corner by corner, rev by rev as told to me by Ben @ Donington, using this as a test track.

I am pleased to say, everything else about the car, Ben loves, so its just these little bits that need time to iron out, but as you know me, I am working on it every day.

Thanks for reading

Shaun

The actual MoTec ingame:

iHl8rc4.jpg

Still WIP but I think close to the final one :)
...sorry for the bad quality of the picture :notworthy:

Do you have a comparison shot to the real cars Motec, just for that little bit more admiration?
Here's a pic from Ginetta's webpage of the GT4 model:
06.jpg

(note: it's an LHD version ;) )

Evening all,

Just wanted to ask you, the community your opinion. Now since 2015 when this model first appeared for us to all love and enjoy, the one major flaw has been its LHD. Now this is not real, as the Ginetta is by default RHD (even Pcars got this wrong) and they have the official license, but anyway.

I know we have all been used to the LHD version, so I am asking. Do you want both (LHD and RHD) for the new version, do you want RHD only.

If this was based on total realism only, then yes, you would get the RHD version only, but although based on realism, I also want the community to enjoy it, as they would like to drive it, so that is why I am asking.

Thanks for you input

Shaun
ginetta_g55_gt4.jpg

As this G55 GT4 car from todays Zandvoort race and the pic above are RHD version, i'm now convinced that both, LHD and RHD versions, are available.

Do you have a comparison shot to the real cars Motec, just for that little bit more admiration?

Thanks for the pic. It's Motec C127, right? Asking so I can make a replica of it for the Dashpanel app I use.

According to Shaun it should be the C125 (just in blue):
http://www.motec.com/c125/c125overview/

I've made a compromise of this between the features of AC and the legibility. More a simplified version of it.
I can also add more informations on it to fit the original once but most of it will be just static or simple to small for being useful :geek: Its just a 5 inches display.
And I've have to follow my BIG BOSS ;)

There has been a reason for all the details, not just to make it as realistic as I can, but also, I have lined up a Championship that is fully sponsored, with a real prize fund (yep money in your bank account) funded by the actual Ginetta driver.

It will be run like IRL, so a Pro Class and AM Class, and prize fund for both classes....so, this is my first take, just to see if my idea worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%