AC Formula 3 @ Spa - Sunday January 17th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Not so good race for me but totally my own fault cause i overslept for practise and race 1 :redface: Some pc troubles in Q2 made it so i didnt had a single lap of practise. O well chucked it full of fuel (way to much aswel :whistling:) and started from the pits. Just drove the 10 laps by myself. Better luck next time for me.

The two races went shockingly well for me. I wasn't expecting to do so well so I decided to play it safe and not take risks which the car seems to like and I ended up going much faster. I don't know what it is about racedepartment races but I always seem to be much faster racing online with your guys than I am practicing offline. I knocked at least a second off my PB.

I had way too much downforce from the looks of things. I heard people saying they were down at ten on the rear, I was at default plus 1 on front and rear. I was a sitting duck down the straights but way faster through the bendy stuff. The one lap where I had a clear run down the straight after eau rouge with no slip stream I was over a tenth of a second slower by the end of it. I was overtaking people at the start of that straight and almost losing the position again by the end of it.

Is it possible to get replays of these races, I was looking for the option in game (after the race was over:whistling:) but couldn't see anything.

I was involved in a few incidents and would love to see them again so I can learn from any errors I made.

I didn't get the first race, but after you exit the game you should have the option to save the last replay. When it is giving you the results of the race there is a button on the top right beside the return button to save the replay.

After that you can also go into the replay folder and as long as you haven't done another race, practice or hotlap the last replay file is called CR, or something similar I can't quite remember. If you rename that file it should show up in your replays. That file will be written over as soon as you load up another track though.

I can post up the replay file later on today when I get home, my ping was pretty bad though, so everyone else was a little bit jumpy, not to bad as the ping was at 200 at one stage.

@Turk - sorry for clattering into you on that pass down Kemmel in R2, by the way. Just ran out of talent under braking.
It's ok, no real damage done, I was able to use the slip road and didn't lose out much in the end. I had to laugh though, it was almost the same as one of the incidents in the video posted earlier in the thread, I was going to say "did you not watch the video?!" but I can't teamspeak and drive at the same time, if it can happen to the pros, it can happen to the best of us, we ended up in much better condition than the guys in the video at least.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%