Formula FG Championship Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up Aidan. Because im pretty much new here I found it weird that the standings weren't being updated, like for example on The F1 Wikipedia page where the results are added at the end of every race. Just one question though, do you want me to continue editing and updating only the standings or just let you or Kedy sort it out? Im also open to anyone wanting there personal page or team page to get a little revamp (im using that word a lot now!), because i think @Márk Lintner has gave me a bit of job to do!
Like I mentioned, at the end of the day I can get it done with much less fuss, and it should be right (won't be an issue if it's wrong, I can accept me being at fault).
If you want to take longer doing it, be my guest, but make sure it's right, otherwise then I'll have a problem with it. Simply that.

Like I mentioned, at the end of the day I can get it done with much less fuss, and it should be right (won't be an issue if it's wrong, I can accept me being at fault).
If you want to take longer doing it, be my guest, but make sure it's right, otherwise then I'll have a problem with it. Simply that.

Yea Fair enough Aidan

I have decided to continue updating the results and do only that (as well as my page and other personal pages upon request), and like you said to me before, I will wait until the official results come through, then i shall start updating it so I don't spoil the race:thumbsup:

Yea Fair enough Aidan

I have decided to continue updating the results and do only that (as well as my page and other personal pages upon request), and like you said to me before, I will wait until the official results come through, then i shall start updating it so I don't spoil the race:thumbsup:
Two quick things:
1) Things like the series changes that you did for S5, well don't be afraid of doing that for earlier seasons if you so wish.
2) Problem that I've already found, you've set a link as being Rodriquez instead of Rodríguez. This is the exact reason I was making about getting things right. Please be a lot more careful, especially with links, they must be 100% correct. I for one have to go and change some of Carlos' links as the i that I used was incorrect. That and proof reading. I will not accept poor grammar :cautious:

Yea Fair enough Aidan

n5pqr01usvmhkzhzg.jpg

you can use this... I had it on the car last season

2) Problem that I've already found, you've set a link as being Rodriquez instead of Rodríguez. This is the exact reason I was making about getting things right. Please be a lot more careful, especially with links, they must be 100% correct. I for one have to go and change some of Carlos' links as the i that I used was incorrect. That and proof reading. I will not accept poor grammar :cautious:
You also already used 2 different spellings for his name :p
http://race-department-simulation-career.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Carlos_Rodriguez
http://race-department-simulation-career.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Carlos_Rodríguez

LOL every time I join a league there's some sort of trouble with my surname. Aidan and Tobi and maybe Milos may remember from other league when they used to put the tilde on the "e", which kinda screws the pronunciation :D. Think of the Autodromo Hermanos Rodríguez in Mexico and you won't forget it.

Funny thing is that the tilde on the "i" is kind of a dispute in spanish language. Gramatically it should have it, but no one puts it. In my ID it doesn't have it, but I put it nonetheless.

A really nice performance by Damian, top job mate. Seems like the spell putting us in contention for top 5 positions is over, but we are establishing ourselves as strong midfielders. Top 10s every race are still the goal.

@Márk Lintner

Your page logo has been updated

however I would like it a little bit smaller, can someone help me how to change the size of the logo within the wiki page?

I've fixed it. Have a look at how I wrote it in the code :)
wrong though, just put Falconlogo-0.PNG|200px ;). Thought I had set the width in the template itself, apparently I didn't.

Also the "border" for flags needs to be minuscule, else it doesn't work. Don't know who put it, just saying :). Never got around doing all the flags as templates as I did on the gpgsl wiki, would make it a bit easier.

REMINDER
Don't touch a wiki page of someone else's unless you
a) know what you're doing
b) have permission
c) are a moderator that are doing result tables

yeah, that would be good thanks. I tried to do some editing but I seem to have no formatting skills on the wiki. I'm good to fill out the content once the page is created.

JOSEPH DOUBLES UP
06 - Canada - Race.png

Joseph Wright became the first driver to multiple wins this season as he perfectly timed his run to victory in a messy Canadian Grand Prix. Starting in the lower top 10, Wright slowly built up some momentum and picked off positions over the course of the race, but it was the all important single stop that he made in which he was able to jump ahead of James McNamara in lane, before undercutting Jack Laskey who stopped later for the lead. A tense one lap battle between the Brits saw Wright escape, controlling the race to the end flag and capping off a well earned victory, as opposed to the 'gift' of the Austrian race.
Jack Laskey lacked the pace late on to really challenge Wright, but had enough all race to keep McNamara at bay. The Australian will no doubt be kicking himself, a large lockup and mistake within touching distance of the pit window saw him lose valuable time to Wright, before getting jumped in the lane. Had he not lost the second and a half, he likely would have been ahead of Wright, and likely would have cleared Laskey himself...
Jordan Bradford put some late pressure on McNamara, but ultimately lacked the pace to actually overtake him. He was well ahead of Rob Sharp, the Brit reaching the finish line in the points for the first time since Australia. Luke Rosella couldn't quite make a move on Sharp, while Dani Tottos further behind held Manolis Sigoulakis behind him as he reached 7th. Omer Said made it two Optimas in the top 10 in 9th, while Damian Son held off Nathan Cornes for the final point.
Carlos Rodriguez was next after the S3 Champion, with only Tim Engberink and Stephan Bohner still running behind. Bohner was lucky to still be going after a lap 1 tangle saw him struggle to make it back to the pitlane.
Speaking of tangles and retirements, transmission failures for Tapio Rinneaho and Ben Utzer while chasing strong positions hurt both drivers and their teams, water leaks claimed Andrea Dovizioso and Daniel Harvey, the DTK driver was well out in the lead when his Renault engine let go. Accidents a plenty at the final corner, with Rui Martins being the first casualty early on, rolling his 2KF1 into the Wall of Champions. Chris Guardian was caught up in that, promptly crashing while trying to return to the lane, while Hugo Rossello and Matthew Allington both saw the wall as well.

Next on the calendar is the first In Season Test. While I'd love to have a change up of the system, the previous system will still be in place. I probably should keep a to-do list of changes ahead of S6. The Marketplace for the test will close at 10am AEDT on Thursday, but will remain open for the next round all the way until 10am next Sunday AEDT. There will also be rewards from the test that can be used ahead of Round 7, but try to have them added before then as we don't have many methods to accurately portray any leftover rewards in the new system, nor add them after R7. So pay close attention ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%