Formula FG Championship Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an effort to see the checkered flag i decided to stay a lap behind. I worried about getting a car problem if id stay out for another lap.
reece.JPG

Most reliable car on the grid my arse...

Glad the sponsor change is starting to pay itself off though.

For those wondering, the car is running a Mustard livery, you'll notice the slightly different gold areas, which are now Dijon Mustard coloured, rather than gold. The Yellow bit will be coloured like English Mustard for the next race.

Predicted race winner only person to drop places from the starting position.. feelsbadman

The amount of race pace we don't have but should have is just ridiculous, and it's something that's been happening frequently throughout the season. Falcons are showing their race speed, they can overtake cars much easier than we can, and their car isn't much more developped than ours (ART was even ahead until the test). And Tapio started from like Montreal and still finished ahead of Mano.
How am I supposed to keep up like this? It's not a fair fight when the game keeps giving all the good luck to the leaders, and punishing the struggling teams.

Predicted race winner only person to drop places from the starting position.. feelsbadman

The amount of race pace we don't have but should have is just ridiculous, and it's something that's been happening frequently throughout the season. Falcons are showing their race speed, they can overtake cars much easier than we can, and their car isn't much more developped than ours (ART was even ahead until the test). And Tapio started from like Montreal and still finished ahead of Mano.
How am I supposed to keep up like this? It's not a fair fight when the game keeps giving all the good luck to the leaders, and punishing the struggling teams.
you complaining that the leaders are lucky and lower teams struggling? Look at Ravenwest, we were practically dead last at the start and we've won 2 races, so luck is with everyone, just at different times

m8, reliability in our most reliable car on the grid has cost us 5 podiums and two wins. The leaders aren't getting any luck...
Sorry but it dont seem that any of other team can outqualyfy your team or overupgrade them ... Like you getting still more money with 1 driver then all, and catching race hp cars too

And look at McNamaras dnf rate

+ its bigger problem to have dnfs at season start then at the end

But not a problem we got what we wanted from this race... I dont saw last 10 laps because we dont have electricity now but Daniel wrote the info for me

+ if you watch that you have qualy sponsor...
You get all of the time the money because dnf cant do anything with it, while others got from race sponsor and have 5 dnfs from races its -1000 while you got it every race

But on other side it was a good tactics to choose qualy sponsor, because you got the engine with more qualy hp too

Last edited:
Sorry but it dont seem that any of other team can outqualyfy your team or overupgrade them ... Like you getting still more money with 1 driver then all, and catching race hp cars too

And look at McNamaras dnf rate

+ its bigger problem to have dnfs at season start then at the end

But not a problem we got what we wanted from this race... I dont saw last 10 laps because we dont have electricity now but Daniel wrote the info for me
What I'm saying is that we should be a lot further ahead than we are. This season is close at the moment and that makes it exciting. It still doesn't avoid the fact that as a top team, we are not getting the luck that Milos stated we have.

What I'm saying is that we should be a lot further ahead than we are. This season is close at the moment and that makes it exciting. It still doesn't avoid the fact that as a top team, we are not getting the luck that Milos stated we have.
We trying to close the gap with the top teams but its hard with your consistent money flow :)

m8, reliability in our most reliable car on the grid has cost us 5 podiums and two wins. The leaders aren't getting any luck...
You got into those positions in the first place because the game is giving you race speed that you shouldn't have. Your car from the start was heavily qualifying oriented, mine was heavily race oriented. In qualifying you beat everyone, which is fair, yet in the race we have the same amount of speed, which is not fair. And since Jack keeps winning for you, and McNamara is consistently on the podium, I lost my race advantage on paper, and then even luck won't help me win.
It was a close season until Barcelona and this race, and it still is close between you and 2KF1, but there is nothing I can do to keep up.

"Great quali speed shown on saturday, thats one positive to come out of this weekend. I was pretty much allover the place in the race, 9th, 8th, 9th again and even 11th. I just carried to much speed into the first corner, the car just understeered into the gravel. I think we would of got points if we didn't have that little excursion."

Sorry for the rant guys, I guess I got carried away with how bad the last two races were.
It's still a difficult position as I am nearing an overall 10HP deficit to the leading two teams. But, with enough luck from the game, it's still possible to turn it over, I guess. So I'm not giving up yet.

But really, I can't give the game so many chances to give me another Malaysia.

Sorry for the rant guys, I guess I got carried away with how bad the last two races were.
It's still a difficult position as I am nearing an overall 10HP deficit to the leading two teams. But, with enough luck from the game, it's still possible to turn it over, I guess. So I'm not giving up yet.

But really, I can't give the game so many chances to give me another Malaysia.
I think you're right to question it, I'm questioning it here myself. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the performance files etc, there have been only two changes from last season.
1. Automated Excel Document - As opposed to hand doing it, I don't think there was any difference to my old files and the way they're setup from Tobi, so I honestly can't see that as being the problem. (don't take that the wrong way Tobi)
2. Driver variance is no longer all at 250. This means that drivers are a bit more unlikely, but the older drivers are more likely to be pushing forwards more often. If this has created a problem, will have to look at how it can be solved, perhaps it just has to be removed.

Those are the only two changes from the top of my head, I can't think of anything else. But it is weird that early on there was so much additional speed in the DTK in the race for a few rounds.

edit -> because it's been my feeling all season that there are cars that just don't have the speed that I feel they should.

Last edited:
I think you're right to question it, I'm questioning it here myself. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the performance files etc, there have been only two changes from last season.
1. Automated Excel Document - As opposed to hand doing it, I don't think there was any difference to my old files and the way they're setup from Tobi, so I honestly can't see that as being the problem. (don't take that the wrong way Tobi)
2. Driver variance is no longer all at 250. This means that drivers are a bit more unlikely, but the older drivers are more likely to be pushing forwards more often. If this has created a problem, will have to look at how it can be solved, perhaps it just has to be removed.

Those are the only two changes from the top of my head, I can't think of anything else. But it is weird that early on there was so much additional speed in the DTK in the race for a few rounds.

edit -> because it's been my feeling all season that there are cars that just don't have the speed that I feel they should.
Older drivers pushing forward?

Speaking of bad luck, i think BRT has a right to complain a bit more. Apart from Stephans win

LASKEY WINS LEADING DUO DUEL
08 - France - Race.png

Jack Laskey picked up a resounding victory in France, holding off James McNamara from being able to take the championship lead. Picking up his second victory of the season, Laskey now finds himself leading alone again, as well as helping DTK pull a little further away from 2KF1 in the constructors.
Behind the leading two, it was Falcon that turned up the heat on the day, Tapio Rinneaho completing a barnstorming run from 17th to pick up his first podium of the season, one that sees him equal McNamara in scoring podiums every season, as well as breaking past Joel Rautavaara to be the sole 1st place for most podiums. He also continues to hunt down his countryman to breaking the all time points record too (8th next round will be enough).
Jordan Bradford lacked the speed to race with the top 3, but brought home a massive 4th for Falcon. Carlos Rodriguez returned to the points as well with a well crafted 5th ahead of Stephan Bohner and Manolis Sigoulakis. A final battle pack of 3 (Dovizioso, Sharp and Engberink) completed the top 10 by little over a tenth.
Both Ravenwests looked out of place in 11th and 12th, while Omer Said lacked continued speed on the way to 13th, as well as fastest lap. Chris Guardian was ahead of Hugo Rossello, the Frenchman spinning out early and never recovering, while Damian Son, Rui Martins, Luke Rosella and Ben Utzer all had issues and fell back. Matthew Allington finished again!

Next round is the 100% distance British Grand Prix! Marketplace closes 10am Sunday AEDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%