Cars Formula Hybrid 2017 by Race Sim Studio

Tried it this morning. It did work. However i don't really like how any of the pp filters look. They're all far to bright to look realistic, plus gave me a 40fps drop at 3440x1440 on my GTX 1070. With them on I'm getting 105fps when hotlapping on my own but tried a race and it dropped to 35fps so is too much of a performance hit, in addition to looking worse in my opinion. I'll turn them off and just live without the lights as the rest of the car is so good. I do have pretty much all of the graphics settings maxed out but am not turning them down for a small thing on 1 car.

Never mind ... Kunos have fixed it in the latest update.....
Update v1.13
- New Porsche 911 RSR 2017 for Porsche Pack 3
- New Mazda MX-5 Miata NA
- New Mazda 787B: mod skins made for the original 787B mod will need to be updated using the new template
- Added OpenVR/Vive support (beta)
- Fixed Mazda MX-5 ND setup ride height false indication
- Fixed Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV gearbox damage
- Adjusted Lotus 72D and Ferrari 312T tyre compound wear and heat ranges
- Fixed Flag rendering for VR
- Fixed colour balance for emissive items (lights+digital) when Post Processing is turned off

Will kind of. I can see them now at least but still quite dim. Good enough for me though as I don't find myself really looking at the rev lights.

Sorry if you have been "triggered" and this isn't the circle jerk you wanted it to be. Forum is about discussion not group think. You can always take your own advice though. :)
if what you were saying was interesting, that'd be great. unfortunately it isn't, it was ignorant & then it became stupid. anything further is trolling at best.

if what you were saying was interesting, that'd be great. unfortunately it isn't, it was ignorant & then it became stupid. anything further is trolling at best.

Conversation has nothing to do with you yet you add you worthless two cents over and over. I only see one person here whining about who should get to post what on this thread.

I mention the FFB was week, yes it can be changed with settings but that doesn't fully get it right, my comment is why not improve it out of the box. The first response from the owner was that a weak wheel was in use.

Then the guy went on to try and show the default behavior in AC is somehow flawed and his isn't. Then his sound designer buddy ignores his less that positive discussion points but focuses on mine, yeah takes two to tango. Maybe respond with the design decision and lose the rest of the weak wheel and lack of G's garbage that started this down a less positive path.

Anyway I'm done with this, no one is talking to you, and neither will I beyond this post. :)

Mod Edit: Unacceptable language removed. Warning point added to account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Guys lets all have fun and stay on topic ,
Theres nothing in life that cant be fixed apart from dying :D

I mention the FFB was week, yes it can be changed with settings but that doesn't fully get it right, my comment is why not improve it out of the box. The first response from the owner was that a weak wheel was in use.

My first reply wasn't about weak wheels, I corrected your disinformation regarding weak ffb under aero, which is false as I proved in the video, where the FFB clips a bit in fast corners. Then I replied to another comment, which even if I used plural it was really towards Lazarou, since he was talking about driving not being physically demanding.

Then the guy went on to try and show the default behavior in AC is somehow flawed and his isn't.

I never said that it's flawed, I simply stated facts. The FFB is clipping everywhere, whether it's a design choice or not, it's not my business. If one day I work for Kunos, I will use their approach, but meanwhile I'll keep doing what I believe is more correct.

Maybe respond with the design decision and lose the rest of the weak wheel and lack of G's garbage that started this down a less positive path.

Or maybe stop thinking that you are the center of the attention for once, since the lack of Gs was again a reply to Lazarou, and was also pointed out by other users. And no it's no garbage, real drivers get fatigue because their body is under maximum stress for 2 hours, not because the steering wheel is more or less heavy.

Seriously? You sound like a little kid David. Center of attention? Big deal so the G force bit wasn't part of it that hardly makes this about getting attention. You keep wanting to go personal. So OK, I think you come off as a bitter high school drop out. I do plenty of track time so I'm well aware of fatigue in a real car. Give me a break. Garbage is your statement about weak wheels having to do with your design choice. You cherry pick what you want to reply to so it fits your agenda and ignore the rest.

Look I don't care, you are some strung out guy selling mods for a few euros and you have a chip on your shoulder. (Before all this I felt bad about your mod getting posted for free now I kind of want to buy that guy a beer.) You twist what I say, it is weak under aero because it doesn't go to 100% on every turn. So the avg load up is weaker when compared to the F1 2015. Yeah but ignore it again and again because every turn goes to 100% and that works better for you.

It is the internet after all, but your behavior? Good luck on that job bud. I'm sure that phone is going to ring any minute now. :)

Seriously? You sound like a little kid David. Center of attention? Big deal so the G force bit wasn't part of it that hardly makes this about getting attention. You keep wanting to go personal. So OK, I think you come off as a bitter high school drop out. I do plenty of track time so I'm well aware of fatigue in a real car. Give me a break. Garbage is your statement about weak wheels having to do with your design choice. You cherry pick what you want to reply to so it fits your agenda and ignore the rest.

Look I don't care, you are some strung out guy selling mods for a few euros and you have a chip on your shoulder. (Before all this I felt bad about your mod getting posted for free now I kind of want to buy that guy a beer.) You twist what I say, it is weak under aero because it doesn't go to 100% on every turn. So the avg load up is weaker when compared to the F1 2015. Yeah but ignore it again and again because every turn goes to 100% and that works better for you.

It is the internet after all, but your behavior? Good luck on that job bud. I'm sure that phone is going to ring any minute now. :)

Sorry if I've missed a post somewhere, but have you tried experimenting with steer assist yet (along with FFB multi)?

These options are there to be used - by default its set at 100% (linear) with is not how Kunos has their SF15. Personally, I like something between 80-90%.

I hope you try this before writing it off completely (and condoning and congratulating those who post this content for free...)

Also, I don't understand the issue - You're not happy because of not enough clipping, yet the FFB Multiplier gives you that option? Does it matter what its like 'out of the box' when the options are available to suit each individual...

Can we end this "discussion" now? We're running around in circles.
Twofeetin doesn't like the steering/FFB behaviour and prefers the SF15-T steering/FFB.
That's fine, everyone has got a different opinion. David created the physics for this car
and as we all know he's one of the best physics guys for AC, he knows what he's doing (hey there Kimi :D).
There's a reason why David chose a different direction in terms of FFB.

Twofeetin, David won't change it. There is no reason to change it. I appreciate David's approach
to give us an overall better feedback. Almost everyone here does. You prefer the SF15-T?
That's alright, the car is ingame, enjoy it!

Both parties expressed their views multiple times. Everything has been said, we're done.

You know what's better than endlessly discussing this topic?
Going ingame and enjoying the awesome cars we have! Just keep racing, that's what we all love!

Based on thr changelog of the incoming patch, seems that the problem with led not showing properly without pp filters activated has been fixed.
We still made improvements to this on our side anyway :)

No PPF
20170322211709_1.jpg

Two questions for the team:

1. Can the soundguys tell us which engine sounds have been used for which version (Std. and S1 sounds)?
I'm mostly hearing the Mercedes in the standard sounds, while the S1 sounds seem to have a mixture
of all the engines.

2. Are there any plans on adding the additional sidepod wings of the S1 version to the Standard version?
These extra wings improve the look of the car so it would be very nice to have them on the Std version as well!

Right, time to focus on what matters!

In a few days we'll release an update, fixing/improving things regarding steering animations, display rpm leds (ninjaed by NK), sounds and ERS settings, plus other minor tweaks here and there :)

Edit: and also the fuel level indicator in the display!
Will the update be provided via the registered e-mail from sellfy?

Reactions: CC
Two questions for the team:

1. Can the soundguys tell us which engine sounds have been used for which version (Std. and S1 sounds)?
I'm mostly hearing the Mercedes in the standard sounds, while the S1 sounds seem to have a mixture
of all the engines.

2. Are there any plans on adding the additional sidepod wings of the S1 version to the Standard version?
These extra wings improve the look of the car so it would be very nice to have them on the Std version as well!
1. Std - Merc sound. S1 - Ren sound.

The Std car and the Ren sound was the only chassis/engine combo intended to be released, that's why this engine is more fantasy than a total replication.

2. No plans for that yet; the intention was maybe some other bodywork feature down the line could be added to one or both cars if it made sense and felt right, but we'll see.

Will the update be provided via the registered e-mail from sellfy?
Indeed. As David said so elaborately in his very long comment just above, we'll push a notification with the updated link for download to the SellFy registered email. The selling platform is smart enough to email to the PayPal email address too if unregistered. We're going to have to see how this works. Nonetheless, we can see a full list of emails so if any problems arise we can easily Resend it.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back