Cars Formula Hybrid 2017 by Race Sim Studio

Sound question. Why the woooosh on throttle closing ??? Makes no sense on these cars.

S1 is not that bad since that sound is somewhat hidden under but in the non S1 car it's very apparent and shouldn't be there at all imo.

@ 1:05, and even in the distance at 2:03

I think the MP4-30 had something similar. And @ 2:52
From something more recent @3:28

Those onboard shots NK posted kinda confirm what the drivers are able to hear from the turbo. We had some discussions about this exact thing and the more we looked into the more obvious it got, with more videos been posted from Barcelona testing confirming our assumptions. FOM onboard cams are not able to pick this sound up, due to positioning etc. If you don't like the way the turbo pops on this car, then you'll hate the FW37 onboard :p

Last edited:
Thanks for the vids! It still looks to me like it's not the normal operation. Even on those vids we can only hear it in rare occasions, like more often after a short spool up. I'm pretty sure the rules forbid any venting to the atmosphere, venting before the turbine makes sense so maybe it needs a weird situation where the wastgate is open at the same moment bov venting occurs for anything to be heard.

Regardless I really didn't think there was a lot of intake pressure release going on before today and it looks like there is, at least in some occasions. I find it very interesting like the rest of these powerunits and don't worry it's not preventing me from enjoying the cars!

Guys, I hate to say it, but I've suddenly become encumbered with real life stuff, and can't find the time to finish the Renault livery. If anyone wants to start the project, I encourage you to do so. I've learned a lot about skinning on this game through this though, and if I ever find the time, I'm definitely going to produce liveries for this game in future!
Sorry if anyone's disappointed that I couldn't finish it :(

Guys, I hate to say it, but I've suddenly become encumbered with real life stuff, and can't find the time to finish the Renault livery. If anyone wants to start the project, I encourage you to do so. I've learned a lot about skinning on this game through this though, and if I ever find the time, I'm definitely going to produce liveries for this game in future!
Sorry if anyone's disappointed that I couldn't finish it :(
I believe there are multiple Renault liveries available already.

Great car guys, really well done!
If I have one criticism it's about the exterior sound. When a car is approaching the camera, a 'woosh' sound-effect is very loud compared to the actual engine and exhaust note. In real life you also get this sound from the wind, but I do not recall it being so pronounced.

I'm not sure if this is a limitation of fmod used in AC, because I do experience this on other cars too, sf15-t to name an official car as an example. If you can do anything about that effect, that'd be awesome! - It's nitpicking though :p

On another note. I was playing around with content manager for the first time, and just did a practice session with AI at 95%.
I left the session after 35 minutes, and then it simulated the rest of the session, with the fastest AI producing a 1.09,5s time around Barcelona.. How the h*** ??? Anyone can give me an explanation to this? Is this the AI just being stupidly fast when they get time to set laps in optimal conditions? Or is it a fault of the rest of the session being 'simulated'. ?

Keep up the great work guys. Really awesome car!

Good Mod guys, I'm happy I bought it and I sent a bit extra as well. Sounds and 3D work is about as good as it gets. That said, I finally had a chance to try it and the physics are a bit of a let down.

These cars are slightly heavier than 2015/2016 gen cars, generate more down force, and the tires are wider, all of that should result in more weighty feel than the 2015 F1 Ferrari done by AC. But it doesn't. It feels much more watered down than the 2015 car. Steering is lighter, steering under aero (high speed turns) feels light as well. Throttle is good but overall the 2015 car is more interesting to drive. I can feel the down force in the 2015 car and the steering has a good weight to it.

Not sure if this was done on purpose to make it more accessible but besides looking like a 2017 F1 car the expected feeling due to the changes just isn't there. Really surprised that no one has said this in the entire thread. I race the AI at 100%, Pro sim settings, and usually qualify P1 or P2 so I know how to toss a sim car around the track. Hope this will be addressed in an update, until then the modern sim choice for an F1 in AC remains the 2015 car.

Good Mod guys, I'm happy I bought it and I sent a bit extra as well. Sounds and 3D work is about as good as it gets. That said, I finally had a chance to try it and the physics are a bit of a let down.

These cars are slightly heavier than 2015/2016 gen cars, generate more down force, and the tires are wider, all of that should result in more weighty feel than the 2015 F1 Ferrari done by AC. But it doesn't. It feels much more watered down than the 2015 car. Steering is lighter, steering under aero (high speed turns) feels light as well. Throttle is good but overall the 2015 car is more interesting to drive. I can feel the down force in the 2015 car and the steering has a good weight to it.

Not sure if this was done on purpose to make it more accessible but besides looking like a 2017 F1 car the expected feeling due to the changes just isn't there. Really surprised that no one has said this in the entire thread. I race the AI at 100%, Pro sim settings, and usually qualify P1 or P2 so I know how to toss a sim car around the track. Hope this will be addressed in an update, until then the modern sim choice for an F1 in AC remains the 2015 car.
Totally agree, it's a very well done mod that looks great and is fun to drive well worth the beer tokens. It just does not feel as physical as I would expect. The 2017 F1 cars are more demanding to drive and that is the honed athletes of F1 saying that. It's my only downside after 20 or so laps I expect to be getting a bit of a sweat on.

The looks and sounds are awesome and it is a addictive drive I just feel the it needs to be turned up a notch or two.

Totally agree, it's a very well done mod that looks great and is fun to drive well worth the beer tokens. It just does not feel as physical as I would expect. The 2017 F1 cars are more demanding to drive and that is the honed athletes of F1 saying that. It's my only downside after 20 or so laps I expect to be getting a bit of a sweat on.

Maybe because those athletes are cornering at 4-5Gs unlike us?

The looks and sounds are awesome and it is a addictive drive I just feel the it needs to be turned up a notch or two.

Eh?

Sure the cars should be physically more demanding than last year due to the much higher apex speeds, deceleration under braking and of course lateral Gs - but we don't/can't experience that in a sim.

Therefore the largest differentiation between the F1 generations is essentially nullified. I don't know what you expect, heavier FFB? Not realistic, the cars run power steering and therefore will just compensate for the additional steering load...

There is a bit of clipping while "steering under aero", so I'm not sure how can it feel stronger than that.

Unless you are having a clipping festival with the 2015 Ferrari.

guys just noticed the steering ratio don't match my g27 wheel is turned 90 degreed but the 2017 hybrid is not on 90 degrees its les think 70 or 80 degrees.
checked my profiler settings and in game settings both are on 900 degrees and steering lock on 180.
any fix for this???
still best mod ever but that I mentioned a couple of times ;)

There is a bit of clipping while "steering under aero", so I'm not sure how can it feel stronger than that.

Unless you are having a clipping festival with the 2015 Ferrari.

Interesting, says a lot that the response is an instant excuse. It doesn't feel stronger than the F1 2015, it feels weaker, everywhere. So what does clipping in the F1 2015 under load have to do with your mod? Basically if done correctly your mod would start to clip sooner than the F1 2015 and to compensate overall FFB could be slightly reduced so the range of feedback is better experienced. But the problem is the opposite, it is weaker and never loads up properly (short range of forces) and thus feels like a 3rd party mod with watered down physics.

Toss in a Sim2 wheel and would your mod somehow feel better or at least on par with the 2015 F1 car? No it wouldn't. It still would suffer all the same effects that it does now compared to the 2015 car. The short range of load between slow and fast corners would be even more evident.

Again, like wisely said above, well worth the beer credits, this is fun to have but it isn't on par with 1st party AC work, the sounds are, the 3D modeling is, but it is let down by the physics. The range of feedback feels like maybe 60% of what we get in the 2015 car. You can't blame that on a wheel or lack of G forces. I'm sure kids don't mind but anyone on the sim side of this hobby won't likely spend more than an hour with this mod. BTW I'm running default OOB FFB in AC.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%