Cars Formula Hybrid 2018 by Race Sim Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe now we have 100% real rubber this is only the alpha/spec map,
lets check again now ingame and see whats what with these puppies :D
03d573afce5df69c66b232b14eb3a683.png

So anyways im back,
David asked me a few weeks ago to make some changes to the tires and make them slightly not as black, to give them a more realistic touch to them, I had mixed feelings on the matter, but now I am making all brand new RF2 tires and inters and wets and also because of the direction of the treads of the inters and wets facing one direction I had to make changes to the 3D as well to enable them to work correctly all facing one direction,
but this means that the rear inner treads will require logos also in which there is nothing I can do about it unless we have 1 tread per wheels, 1 front, 1 rear in which I do not want to be doing,
so cut a long story short here is a brand new base I just made from old data masks and checked it in max and its mm perfect, so lets start :)
596605d350cbb7167b74ebc296cbb7e2.png

Wow this is complicated to setup and work out I am starting from almost scratch here and collecting over 2 years of R&D over 12gb or tire stuff 1000,s of layers and bringing them to the most comprehensive most accurate tires one can create,
so anyways here is the normals :)
d6ce9f74215f86f7db33df32cfeeb2d1.png

This is just the 1st pass, kind of like a prebake I will add it to my main layers and make a custom spec map and check it again :) kinda like where its heading though.
d278e984258a5aef33358b1d4a03c845.jpg

Chargingcar is like "here's something new I am working on it needs a lot of work" and two hours later it's basically done. :D

Great job, the new tires look gorgeous, more realistic, just hoping the Pirelli textures will be modded in here as well :)

Chargingcar is like "here's something new I am working on it needs a lot of work" and two hours later it's basically done. :D

Great job, the new tires look gorgeous, more realistic, just hoping the Pirelli textures will be modded in here as well :)
I will provide all textures and settings to all content as usual,
they quite far from been finished just realigning the main text now, well making it again in 3D so we can blur the tires more, before I never realized I should have left the bars in the tire at the either end of the PSD, made not a massive difference but more motion blur you added it ran the text into the end of the PSD, which was not the best thing to have been doing maybe now we can get another 15-20% surface blur into the textures,
also I do not like the really bright colors of the text either so just found a system of creating a base mask,
say for example a text mask, this mask I am applying effects and merging it inside my main diffuse base layer then the logos/text I am using overlay to overlay it into the mask below it,
quite boring stuff but I know the end will be worth it,
also the 2017 3D tires and the 2018 finished car inside AC the tires are facing the wrong direction on the RHS I created new for RF2 so now the community want these Inters and Wets also,
so what ill do is use the RF2 new tires 3D and apply them to my standard car and S1 well make the standard and transfer them over to the S1 or maybe save a new S1 will be faster :D
so anyways a long way to go and we not even got stuck into the RF2 stuff yet, quite a few days DEV on tires left be assured :D

So anyways got my blur just how I like it, well how it should have been made from the start,
eb7c18db3777a15ce6eb2a433076128d.png

ill rebuild the masks :)
7c0195aa2f222e372eb3bbb64e0d720f.png

Masks now completed, created in 3D and inspected in max,
I will apply them now to what I started this morning and build the layers together :)
7f87a5a260f593c658aa939850ee7e14.png

9979c3206432f80dd33c32b4bb77e86e.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 449 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.9%
Back